[4.4] Omni nightlies for the Oppo N1

Search This thread

Thomaslje

Oct 26, 2008
Nightly update

Hello. Can any one give me a guide on how I update to the latest nightly rom, do I just flast the new one in TWRP or di I need to completly erase all things.

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
Reboot to TWRP, wipe cache and Dalvik. Then flash. No full wipe needed.

I'm not using Omni now, but can't you update directly when an update is available?

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk

aeacus

Jul 16, 2007
Xanthi
Any update about the O-Click integration?

Στάλθηκε από το N1 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

iqbalaydrus

Dec 12, 2011
Bandung
I had several restart just after 12 hours using omni. Suddenly the screen freezes, and it goes black slowly from the bottom, and it restarts. have you recognize this issue?

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
I had several restart just after 12 hours using omni. Suddenly the screen freezes, and it goes black slowly from the bottom, and it restarts. have you recognize this issue?

Provide file /proc/last_kmsg after the reboot

iqbalaydrus

Dec 12, 2011
Bandung
Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

I've seen this happen a few times, I need to put up my logs for maxwen to look at.

Happens most often for me when pulling up the AOSP keyboard in Chrome, also once in Facebook. Does not seem to occur with Hacker's Keyboard. Often causes the really slow "black refresh" without a restart.

It's probably #1 on my personal "N1 annoyances" list, I just have been too busy to look in detail at tracking it down.

BTW, Max, have you tried lalit's kk_2.7 branches of display/media/audio-caf yet? I was planning on testing them out this weekend but didn't get around to it.

Reactions: iqbalaydrus

iqbalaydrus

Dec 12, 2011
Bandung
I've seen this happen a few times, I need to put up my logs for maxwen to look at.

Happens most often for me when pulling up the AOSP keyboard in Chrome, also once in Facebook. Does not seem to occur with Hacker's Keyboard. Often causes the really slow "black refresh" without a restart.

It's probably #1 on my personal "N1 annoyances" list, I just have been too busy to look in detail at tracking it down.

BTW, Max, have you tried lalit's kk_2.7 branches of display/media/audio-caf yet? I was planning on testing them out this weekend but didn't get around to it.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with the issue. The maintainer on top of that. I'm too in love with omni to switch to other ROMs. I hope this issue to quickly resolved.

anders3408

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Jerslev

Sounds very similar to the blue screen issue on find5 when a MDP underrun occurs. Hmm interesting.

Sent from my N1 using xda app-developers app

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Sounds very similar to the blue screen issue on find5 when a MDP underrun occurs. Hmm interesting.

BTW: I never had this so far which doesnt make it better :)
Dont use chrome (dolphin user) but always AOSP keyboard

Also - I have enabled "force GPU rendering" in developer settings
would help if someone who faces the issue tries if this makes
any diff at all.

asbkar

Oct 5, 2009
Ski
BTW: I never had this so far which doesnt make it better :)
Dont use chrome (dolphin user) but always AOSP keyboard

Also - I have enabled "force GPU rendering" in developer settings
would help if someone who faces the issue tries if this makes
any diff at all.

"Force GPU rendering" does not seem to help, but "Disable HW Overlays" do. Just gave it a few minutes testing after changing it, but the behaviour in chrome seems better... Will report back tomorrow.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
"Force GPU rendering" does not seem to help, but "Disable HW Overlays" do. Just gave it a few minutes testing after changing it, but the behaviour in chrome seems better... Will report back tomorrow.

Points even more towards a hwcomposer issue.

I may post up a test build using our "new" CAF branches to see if it helps. It seems to on my device, but even an "old" build seemed fine recently.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Yep. Also tried latest display-caf and several other changes without luck. Aldo seems very random and only some people get the issue.

Interesting. I chatted with maxwen briefly and it sounded like the "bluescreen" issues were different (no IOMMU page faults, but MDP underruns).

Does "disable HW overlays" also reduce the underruns? (I'm guessing that it might considering how disable HW overlays works)

Omni's qcom-4.4_kk2.7 branches of audio/media/display-caf seem to produce less "slow black refresh" issues on the N1. Switching over audio requires some device tree changes (see open n1 changes on omni gerrit)

Odd question - when I set this up in devDB there was an entry for "source" that I pointed to omnirom's github... Does that actually show up anywhere? I probably need to add clearer source links. :p (This is my first attempt to use devDB)

asbkar

Oct 5, 2009
Ski
Meh, "Disable HW overlay" did not work. Couple of reboots, and a black slow wipe + reboot now.
last_kmsg attached.

Attachments

• last_kmsg.gz
    146.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

anders3408

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Jerslev
Interesting. I chatted with maxwen briefly and it sounded like the "bluescreen" issues were different (no IOMMU page faults, but MDP underruns).

Does "disable HW overlays" also reduce the underruns? (I'm guessing that it might considering how disable HW overlays works)

Omni's qcom-4.4_kk2.7 branches of audio/media/display-caf seem to produce less "slow black refresh" issues on the N1. Switching over audio requires some device tree changes (see open n1 changes on omni gerrit)

Odd question - when I set this up in devDB there was an entry for "source" that I pointed to omnirom's github... Does that actually show up anywhere? I probably need to add clearer source links. :p (This is my first attempt to use devDB)

Well normally its an underrun yes, but I've tried changing back one line that oppo did mpd4_something which had a comment line saying fix blue or black screen issue iirc. That did show the blue screen/underrun issue still as before but now it also did show a lot iommu page faults. The interesting thing is, oppo has never had that issue, or so they say. And mainly its changes that qcom suggested. I took a chat with oppo about that issue we had/have on find5 to see if it could show some light on the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the thread for Omni on the Oppo N1.

For the time being, this is mostly a placeholder, I will add more content to this post soon.

The goods - http://dl.omnirom.org/n1/
    gapps - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942 - Use the "full modular" package

Flash with TWRP.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Oppo N1 Omni, a ROM for the Oppo N1

Contributors
    Entropy512, xplodwild, maxwen
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-12-17
    Last Updated 2013-12-17
    i'll comback again if google camera and slow shutter in the rom , thanks thread

Slow shutter is there for weeks

Just to add some news here

Oppo N1 offscreen gesture support has been implemented
    so you can expect this to be included soon in the nightlies

To all who dont know what that is all about:
    The N1 (and also the find5) touchscreen supports gestures
    drawing while screen is off. Aside from the "well-known"
    "double tap to wake" there are

• drawing a "V" will toggle the torch
    • drawing a circle will start the camera
    • II, > and < can be used to control music playback

All of this doesnt have any effect on battery cause this is
    built-in into the touchscreen firmware. So it will stay in low power mode
    until such a gesture is fully detected.
    Updated version of OmniClick
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sl0rct56v8as0/OmniClick

New features:

music control
    -double click will start/pause music
    -single click will skip to next song

-find phone ringtone now configurable

To make it easier there is now also a recovery flashable zip
    else the apk must be moved to /system/priv-app
    Battery life is better on omni versus cm11 in my opinion. Pissibly due to a better kernel, i can set lower CPU speeds in omni and use the interactive and noop governor. I never play games so fast clocks are useless to me.. What would you suggest ad regards battery life.. What are you using? Thanks giuliano rigon

Yes omni kernel has some "specials" :)
    1) it has an integrated CPU hotplugging governor different to standard
    qcom mpdecision to better manage CPU cores based on the system load

2) smartmax governor
    This is a derivate of smartass and depending on your typical
    usecase can help to reduce battery usage.

To make the device still "snappy" there is synchronized
    touch boost support for CPU governor and CPU hotplugging

Just do me one favour :)
    Dont know what your opinion on benchmarks like antutu is
    but if you really want to "show off" with a useless high score
    dont use the default settings :)