[Q] Signed RUU + Rumrunner Question

Search This thread

woznet

Jan 23, 2011
DC
I had this idea last night and I was wondering if it would work.

Right now there is no update to the Rumrunner tool which means it only works for 1.10.605.8, 1.10.605.10 and 1.10.605.15. Would it be possible to use a signed 1.10.605.15 RUU to go from 2.10.605.1 back to 1.10.605.15? If that works, would it be possible to use the .15 Rumrunner tool to get s-off?

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
If it were that easy, it would already be done. With s-on it will not let you downgrade, only reflash or upgrade.

I have a theory on how to do it, but not positive it would work, and not willing to try. Especially since im already s-off. It is a method previously use on the htc incredible to downgrade in order to get s-off. It involves flashing an older misc partition image, tricking the ruu into thinking its being reflashed or upgraded instead of downgraded.

Here is a thread on how to do it for the incredible http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1600904

It would be basicly the same procedure, but you would need someone still on an older version of android to pull a copy of their misc image. And use rum runner instead of unrevoked.

If any devs see this please chime in on wether or not you think this would work.

Last edited: