[Q] NFC battery replacements i9250 - very difficult to find!

Search This thread

jago25_98

Jul 17, 2007
I've bought 5 batteries now, all claimed to have NFC but they don't have it.

Where can I buy a replacement NFC battery? Do I have to make one? If so, how?

The batteries I have bought you need to avoid include:
- http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Capac...UTF8&qid=1403692932&sr=1-5&keywords=I9250+nfc
- various from dinodirect sold as NFC but they actually don't have them
- a pisen from ebay. I think this brand doesn't make them

What is the address to buy one direct from Samsung?

jago25_98

Jul 17, 2007
Is there a way to find out of the battery supports NFC without using a nfc-tag? I bought one from mugen and could check it out for you.
That would be great, thanks :)

You could try the NFC Info. app for this.
Things to try:
- passports with the chip sign on the front
- newer credit cards
- keycards for getting in apartments
- anti theft rfid tags in stores. Common in the perfume section including toilet smellies
- many book stores put the tags inside the cover of books or in a random page

I contacted Samsung UK directly for a replacement. They were unable to point me to somewhere that has the batteries. When I really pressed hard (because I need this battery or I have to buy another phone) they ignored me. I think they are no longer making the batteries but enforcing the patent on the battery NFC design to prevent others from making them. The only people claiming to make them now as a result are fakers. This is anticompetitive of course and it means that if you buy a Samsung phone you can expect it to start to become broken in terms of NFC after a year or 2 as the battery fades. I think the practice has extended to newer phones. If true (that they're using this as a way to break our phones to get us to buy new ones) then I won't be buying a Samsung again.

jago25_98

Jul 17, 2007

amd-dude

Feb 25, 2012
Penal
Just see if you can get a freight forwarder from the US to the UK. Or as we call them in my country a Skybox account.

Tommy_FIN

Jan 13, 2012
I'm also looking for a battery replacement. The one that venni posted comes with a whopping 34$ shipping fees so that's not acceptable. Any other suggestions? Ebay is filled with these 2$ "superpower" batteries but I'm sure they are crap.

eKeith

Jun 24, 2008
Pretty expensive they are. I'm not willing to put much money on this old hammer anymore. I just hope to get some cheap power for this until Nexus 6 comes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mugen tracked my cookies and sent me this "SUMMERPOWER" 10% OFF promo this morning...

jago25_98

Jul 17, 2007
The shipping is expensive possibly because batteries are no longer allowed in air freight. Some companies accept them, but charge a lot more... or so I heard.
This is very much something to think about when you buy a new phone - buy a new battery while you can get one!

jago25_98

Jul 17, 2007
Has anyone managed to find a reasonably priced battery yet?

Nope...
I've ordered that NFC battery linked in the earlier page of this... it's so cheap I'll give it a go.

A girlfriend has sent one from China bought from a shop... probably real...
but had to send my boat because of air freight restrictions. It's been 2 months waiting so far...
will update later

kevo02

Aug 28, 2011
Santa Ana
Nope...
I've ordered that NFC battery linked in the earlier page of this... it's so cheap I'll give it a go.

A girlfriend has sent one from China bought from a shop... probably real...
but had to send my boat because of air freight restrictions. It's been 2 months waiting so far...
will update later

the ONITE one? im searching for my "magu", on Amazon for US its free shipping but i dont know if it is a good option, specially for the back cover comments :confused:

Top Liked Posts