Unable to charge. Battery temperature too low.

Search This thread

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
I recently replaced the digitizer on a Galaxy Tab 4 & that part at least went smoothly. The problem now is that the tablet will only turn on while it's plugged in... and when it does come on, it displays the msg "Unable to charge. Battery temperature too low." Yes, too low.. not too high.

I've tried re-connecting the battery, letting the tablet sit for an hour & even took the battery out and applied some heat to it with my heat gun(from a distance).

Does anyone know for sure what's causing this?

404-Not Found

Sep 12, 2012
Phoenix
You must've have disconnected a cable or damged one when you replaced the digitizer. Check back

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
I thought of that also... I had disassembled it again & checked all the connectors. Everything looked ok & after assembling everything again, re-connected everything(again) just to make sure.

Oddly, I have seen posts of people having the same issue with different devices. Most of them never had the problem solved(just had the device replaced).

jorgitob

Oct 7, 2014
I had the same problem

Hi there,
althought this isn't a very popular post, I'd like to add my 2 cents, because I had this same situation.
I ran into this same problem, after changing the digitizer and reassembled the device, had the low temp problem. I've noticed too that the glass was a little loose, and if tapping it in some places, the problem solved for seconds, so I dissasembled it again and foud that forgot to put the adhesive between the digitizer and the tablet...... :silly:
The adhesive was still in the old broken glass.
Changed back to the new one, assembled again now WITH the adhesive and the glass, reseated all the connectors in the back (just in case) , and boom, it's charging again like new.
Still haven't assembled the back plastic cover yet, but I guess the result will be the same.
I don't exactly know if the problem was the loose glass or some loose connector (all seemed to be ok), but the problem solved.

Hope anything of this helps.

Regards.

Little George.

I thought of that also... I had disassembled it again & checked all the connectors. Everything looked ok & after assembling everything again, re-connected everything(again) just to make sure.

Oddly, I have seen posts of people having the same issue with different devices. Most of them never had the problem solved(just had the device replaced).