[MOD][XPOSED]Change notification background image[UPDATE 1.1]

Search This thread

ernest33

Dec 25, 2006
MONTUSSAN (near Bordeaux)
First, thanks to rovo89 !
Thanks to the xda community, i learn a lot from them.

Now my little contribution...
This mod let change the background image of notification panel like in AOKP :)
(I tested with custom stock roms).
You can change the transparency too.

Here is a screenshot of the interface (everybody love screenshot :D ...no ?;))
attachment.php
Important

This module follow the same limitation as for the XPosed framework : Android 4.0 or later.
Before using this mod :
If you don't have Xposed already installed : Go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
...in short...
1 : Install Xposed installer
2 : In Xposed installer activate the framework
3 : Install Xposed modules (http://xdaforums.com/tags.php?tag=xposed)
4 : Activate them in the modules tab of Xposed installer.

Using this mod :
1 : Install the mod ( :cool: )
2 : Before rebooting your device to activate the mod, open 'Xposed installer' and go to Modules tab. Click on 'NCB1' and you will see the interface shown in the screenshot (or in your launcher execute "Notification Background").
3 : Press 'Select image...' and choose your favorite picture.
(There is no apply, when you validate your selection the image is saved to /sdcard/notifbg.png)
4 : Adjust transparency if needed and click 'apply transparency'.
5 : Reboot (if Xposed is already loaded you can only 'soft reboot')
Done!

If you like press 'Thanks' ;)
If you have suggestion...you're welcome :)

Amicalement votre :D

Note : If you have trouble give me some detail (Rom, Phone, ...)
I tested my module on my Samsung S3 with NeatRom Lite v4.2 (4.1.2)
---
New in 1.1 : I changed the way i got the screen size, may this could could help those who have FC.

I'm currently working on fixing the problem with image selection.
Meanwhile i think you can put an image (matching your screen resolution) at the root of your internal memory (not the external sd :) ). Name it "notifbg.png". Reboot and done (.
Thanks a lot to all your comment !
I'll do my best to release an update soon to fix problem. New features will come after ;)

There is a test version in this post .

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 134,145
  • NCB1.1.apk
    776.2 KB · Views: 64,922
Last edited:

ernest33

Dec 25, 2006
For those who have FC could you give some detail please :)
- Rom (version 4.?.?)
- Xposed Framework version (I use the XPosed installer 2.1.4 / Appprocess 34 / XposedBridge 2.1.4)
- Check if NCB1 is checked in the modules tab of Xposed installer
- Check if you find a file "notifbg.png" in the internal memory (sdcard not extsdcard)

Thanks for your reports ;).

EDIT : I think i found something. It's about the resolution of yours devices... update will come ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: aki2008

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
Works just fine on stock 4.1.2. I love the transparency option. Thanx for great module!

There is only one thing with my setup, it is not NBI's fault, but maybe something can be done about it. When jused together with XTheme, if the theme replaces notification background parameters/image, it is having priority, i.e. NBI's image is not shown. I know they solved something similar wit the battery mod thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296698 (post 11):

My module will let you use a different battery OVER the Xtheme, this is the main reason i created it. Hopefully it will help try and stop many people from requesting many different batteries when someone releases a theme.

It is great as it is, it would be even greater if it could be used in combination with XTheme :)

Cheers,
D.

Reactions: ernest33

ernest33

Dec 25, 2006
Well it seem my module have problem with phone having resolution different than 720x1280 (I have a S3). At this time i don't know why because i get the display size dynamically :confused:
I will test with my good old Desire (HTC) when i'll go home :cowboy:.
---
For those with FC after selecting image. Could you try ,if you please, to put a png with the size of your screen (ex:480x800) named 'notifbg.png', and reboot your phone to see if at least the module can read an image already in your internal storage. (or try with the one attached to this message)
---
Next version will rock :victory:

Ideas :
- Make it work with XTheme....
- Tweak the notifications rows.
- and maybe more since the XPosed framework permit nearly everything

Attachments

• notifbg.jpg
    notifbg.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,389

Jomota7

Dec 7, 2011
Lisbon/Alfragide
Sucess

Tested in:
->Samsung Grand Duos GT-9082
->Android 4.1.2
->rooted
->Xposed Installer 2.1.4

Sucess, great mod, thanks very much ernest33. :D

charmidz

Mar 15, 2013
Oh no! FC on xperia v using xtheme engine :(
Waiting update fix :D @ernest33 Bro, thanks

Sent from my LT25i using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, thanks to rovo89 !
    Thanks to the xda community, i learn a lot from them.

Now my little contribution...
    This mod let change the background image of notification panel like in AOKP :)
    (I tested with custom stock roms).
    You can change the transparency too.

Here is a screenshot of the interface (everybody love screenshot :D ...no ?;))
    attachment.php
    Important

This module follow the same limitation as for the XPosed framework : Android 4.0 or later.
    Before using this mod :
    If you don't have Xposed already installed : Go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
    ...in short...
    1 : Install Xposed installer
    2 : In Xposed installer activate the framework
    3 : Install Xposed modules (http://xdaforums.com/tags.php?tag=xposed)
    4 : Activate them in the modules tab of Xposed installer.

Using this mod :
    1 : Install the mod ( :cool: )
    2 : Before rebooting your device to activate the mod, open 'Xposed installer' and go to Modules tab. Click on 'NCB1' and you will see the interface shown in the screenshot (or in your launcher execute "Notification Background").
    3 : Press 'Select image...' and choose your favorite picture.
    (There is no apply, when you validate your selection the image is saved to /sdcard/notifbg.png)
    4 : Adjust transparency if needed and click 'apply transparency'.
    5 : Reboot (if Xposed is already loaded you can only 'soft reboot')
    Done!

If you like press 'Thanks' ;)
    If you have suggestion...you're welcome :)

Amicalement votre :D

Note : If you have trouble give me some detail (Rom, Phone, ...)
    I tested my module on my Samsung S3 with NeatRom Lite v4.2 (4.1.2)
    ---
    New in 1.1 : I changed the way i got the screen size, may this could could help those who have FC.

I'm currently working on fixing the problem with image selection.
    Meanwhile i think you can put an image (matching your screen resolution) at the root of your internal memory (not the external sd :) ). Name it "notifbg.png". Reboot and done (.
    Thanks a lot to all your comment !
    I'll do my best to release an update soon to fix problem. New features will come after ;)

There is a test version in this post .
    Test Version :)

Well, here is a test version. The purpose of this version is to test the selection of image. I hope it work for everyone (if you use the "stock" gallery to select picture and you have trouble, please try with a software like Quickpic).
    To test please do what follow please :)
    - uninstall current version.
    - install new version. At this time just click open at the bottom to open NCB and test if selection work.
    It seem that NCB work with "Stock" Rom. About CMxx, i need to test (i have double boot with Googy Max :cool:).
    If you use AOKP i do my best to mimic this notification background you already have, don't be cruel :D

Now i let you test this version. Today sunday i'm not behind my computer, i will be in my cherry tree trying not to fall while i fill my bag full with cherries ;)

Have a good sunday :eek:

PS : If this not working for you, don't hesitate to give some infos (Stock/AOSP, Phone, ...)

PS2 : If you use JKay and DeluxeSettings, don't select "Transparent background" in notification options. If you select this option you will see a transparent background (the one from jkay) and not the one you selected....believe me it's important because i had spent 2 days before figuring out that "detail" :silly:.

Amicalement votre !
    Thanks you for your comments and requests. I read all them and put them on my todo list :eek:.
    The first task is too solved the problem of FC (Force Close):cool:.

As said by a great man..."I'll be back" :D
    News...

I'm currently "playing" with the leak 4.2.2 (NeatRom)...look at the screenshots :D
    What's working :
    • Status bar background
    • Notification background
    • Notification items background

I'll be back :cool:
    ernest33,

thank you for this, it's very awesome

if I might offer some help to people who are struggling getting it to work, I have had to spend some time with it myself and I think I have worked out some things that we need to know and I'll get to those but first I want to say the images I'm using are on my note 1 and my note 2, same image and each are from someone elses pulldown mod so I'm not going to post screenshots until I've heard from them that they don't mind

the cool thing is that I edited the image from the mod I took it from on each of my notes using the photo editor on my phone and then doing a screenshot of the final one I used...so I'm basically using a screenshot...the reason I did it that way was because I was thinking it would be the right size.....lol well it wasn't exactly that easy so here's what I discovered

if the image is the same size as your screen, what happens is that when you select it in the application it gives you the option to crop it, so I kept having problems as I was trying to make my selection as big as my screens...what I realized is that adjusting the size of the image with the cropping tool in the app made it not work, so I'm guessing the cropping tool is automatically the right size and changing it makes the image a different size than what it's supposed to be so it doesn't work

I eventually realized not to crop the image at all and just move the cropping tool where I wanted it within (or over) my image without changing the size of it and then go to xposed installer and update it and soft reboot

when I want to change the image later, I go to my gallery and I can see I have an image on my sd card called notifbg...I delete it and then open the app and the default image of the girl is there and I can decide to use it or select another image

anyways, I'm pretty sure you guys can figure it out if I did, I never know anything