[ROM][ICS4.0.3] Taboonay 3.0.1 (28/02/2012)

Search This thread
S

SugarCoatedAngel

What happened to vache, has he moved into different device development, i havent seen him post here in ages :(

I did a little reading, and it looksnlike he has moved on to develping for ICS. I hear the A500 isbgetting ICS soon, so maybe hes getting it developed for us?

On another note, any favorite themes for Taboonay's Rom?

Besieger

Sep 1, 2011
Moscow
Great ROM, it seems the only one works fine on my Iconia A501!) Many thanks)

But I've got a question: will it be updated to HC 3.2.1 (maybe, via patch 2.3 or something else)? Thanks in advance)

zahbaker

Oct 29, 2008
Flash Help

Hi Guys, maybe I am doing something wrong here. I rooted the device (A500) I copied the ROM on the SD Card and each time I try to boot in recovery I just get the Android bot with an exclamation. Am I doing something wrong? Please help. Recovery boot (Power up + Vol up) right?

Thanks

bengal92

Dec 11, 2010
Hi Guys, maybe I am doing something wrong here. I rooted the device (A500) I copied the ROM on the SD Card and each time I try to boot in recovery I just get the Android bot with an exclamation. Am I doing something wrong? Please help. Recovery boot (Power up + Vol up) right?

Thanks

Stupid question : did you flash the recovery after rooting the tablet ??

zahbaker

Oct 29, 2008
Thanks for that, I did manage to flash the tab, the issue now is that when I select "install from sd card" I get an error stating that the E: Error reading drive Cannot be mounted. Please advise.

Thanks

bengal92

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks for that, I did manage to flash the tab, the issue now is that when I select "install from sd card" I get an error stating that the E: Error reading drive Cannot be mounted. Please advise.

Thanks

mmmhhh ..... never saw this error.
Check if your sdcard is formatted in FAT32, and not in NTFS ... Not sure recovery can read NTFS :confused:

If it's in FAT32, try to connect your tab to your computer and to mount sdcard .. Tell if there's an error or if it works. We'll see at this point ...

zahbaker

Oct 29, 2008
Can I mount the rom on a USB stick and run it from there? When I plug the Tab to my pc I see the SD CARD.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

The error is still present : Error E: Can't mount SD Card

bengal92

Dec 11, 2010
Can I mount the rom on a USB stick and run it from there? When I plug the Tab to my pc I see the SD CARD.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

I don't understand the question :-/

internal memory and SD card can be used
I'm not sur for USB stick ...

malickie

Oct 14, 2009
Austin, TX

Let me take a guess and assume you have a Class 10 Micro SD Card?? Or something around there. If you do I had the exact same problem and the Only way I have found around it is to use a slower class SD card when flashing Roms with this device. As far as I know Recovery cannot read USB Sticks.

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
I don't understand the question :-/

internal memory and SD card can be used
I'm not sur for USB stick ...

He wants to install the rom totally to the USB External drive, and run it from there. Don't think it will work. If it did, all of us would be running all types of different roms, and never have to install one on our tab :D

Last edited:

smaury

Jan 6, 2009
Turin
www.shielder.it
Wow great job vache, Acer Ring is a good implementation! However I saw you call in init.d the zipalign script, but you have no zipalign binary in your ROM, I hope this could be usefull ;)

Top Liked Posts