Mango USB Tethering - Confirmed Working

Search This thread

jaetiu

Dec 23, 2011
Then go to advanced and enter +CGDCONT=1,"IP","EPN.TMOBILE.COM" into the Extra initialization commands box
Click ok
In your task tray, right click on the network icon and go to network and sharing center
click on Set up a new connection or network
Setup dial-up
HTC USB Modem (Or Qualcomm Usb Modem)
In the phone number field type *99#
Click connect
Have fun

This is where I'm currently stuck at. I'm currently in the Philippines using Sun Cellular as my carrier with unlimited internet on my Dell Venue Pro.

Should I still be following the same steps as far as the information to put into the extra initialization box goes?

+CGDCONT=1,"IP","EPN.TMOBILE.COM"

I'm guessing no. This is the information I found about my carrier. I'm not sure which one to use. Mind you I've been using a Treo 750 for years now and tethering was so much easier - so all this new technology is making my head hurt

SUN Settings:

Internet Tethering
APN: minternet (fbband for SBW and CSU)
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>

I'm guessing this is what mine should look like

+CGDCONT=1,"IP","minternet"

Also another question - when setting up the new connection I'm following these steps.

- > open network and sharing center
- > set up a new connection or network
- > set up a dial-up connection

the window has the following things to enter

dial-up phone number:
user name:
password:
connection name:

according to the first post where do i choose the modem?

Last edited:

Gorokhovsky

Dec 22, 2011
Tomsk
Hi!

Sorry for my English.

I have worked under such scheme:

We have Windows 7 Pro x64
Dell Venue Pro Mango 7720
Operator Beeline Russia

- Follow the steps as described MJCS.

5.Open the phone dialer.
6.Dial # # 634 # (Engineering Mode)
7.If you do not see a wine glass when booting, you need to remove the old EM app and then dial
8.Slide open your keyboard
9.Tap the black area of ​​your screen
10.Press QWERTYUIOP
11.Scroll down to service center
12.Click on Composite
13.Type in * # 301 #
14.Wait for your phone to reboot

- Of all the drivers came just from HTC, one that is in the folder HtcUsbMdmV64.
- In the device manager appeared four unknown device. The first - then what we need, on the other three do not pay attention.
- Press to update the driver \ search driver on this computer \ select a driver from the... \ show all devices \ Disk \ choose driver "HtcUsbMdmV64".
- Go to the installed modem, additional communication parameters, add an initialization string (I have AT CGDCONT = 1, "IP", "internet.beeline.ru"), establish a connection as he wrote MJCS:

17.In the device manager (you should be there already) right click on the first HTC USB modem and go to properties
18.Then go to advanced and enter CGDCONT = 1, "IP", "EPN.TMOBILE.COM" into the Extra initialization commands box
19.Click ok
20.In your task tray, right click on the network icon and go to network and sharing center
21.click on Set up a new connection or network
22.Setup dial-up
23.HTC USB Modem (Or Qualcomm Usb Modem)
24.In the phone number field type * 99 #
25.Click connect
26.If will give an error 619 or 678 ..... go to the Phone\ to settings \ cellular \ data connection - set OFF.
27.I then connect everything is fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: krs4444

zimzoom

Apr 2, 2010
Using Windows 7 Pro 32-bit and TMOUS. When I get to the updating driver part, I get the following error message on all 4 "unrecognized" devices listed in the Device Manager window:

"Windows could not find driver software for your device."

Any idea what could be the problem? I saw earlier people were having problems with 32-bit Windows. Also, will this method only allow tethering to this specific PC?

Thanks in advance.

Gorokhovsky

Dec 22, 2011
Tomsk
Using Windows 7 Pro 32-bit and TMOUS. When I get to the updating driver part, I get the following error message on all 4 "unrecognized" devices listed in the Device Manager window:

"Windows could not find driver software for your device."

Any idea what could be the problem? I saw earlier people were having problems with 32-bit Windows. Also, will this method only allow tethering to this specific PC?

Thanks in advance.

Choose manually from the list of devices. See the post above. Use a driver from HTC.

Brender

Nov 24, 2011
dvp bluetooth!

Hi!

My DVP bluetooth is not working ! - .. if enter the settings - Bluetooth - status click' - turn ON ' - my DVP find some bluetooth devices (from my closely place)

, when i tap any b. device --> ( tap to pair ) - .. other bluetooths device try to connect my dvp with code numbers / or i add my own pin numbers - whatever ...

enter code - try connect - and my dvp write " couldn't connect or not supported !! - and write again tap to pair " )

please help me !!!! :/ - i tried lot of device ..: ( mobile/cell phone , laptop , notebook , pc , bluetooth headset - all device couldnt connect my dvp ! :( )

my dvp OS version: 7.10.7720.68

zimzoom

Apr 2, 2010
Choose manually from the list of devices. See the post above. Use a driver from HTC.

I'm not sure what you are saying. On step 16 (update drivers), I can't get past the "select driver" step, because once I select the correct folder, it says "no driver found" (tried both HTC and Qualcomm). I've tried to update all 4 "unknown" devices.

efjay

Nov 18, 2004
Having problems with this on my DVP running 7740. I have installed both the HTC and Qualcomm drivers and setup the connnection but they both fail with error 692, hardware failure. Any ideas?

Nigel Lyon

Feb 13, 2012
Liverpool
greets, hope this helps

I'm not sure what you are saying. On step 16 (update drivers), I can't get past the "select driver" step, because once I select the correct folder, it says "no driver found" (tried both HTC and Qualcomm). I've tried to update all 4 "unknown" devices.

hi all 1st post

i have the DVP7 this is what i did for an install driver to win7

Device manager > right click unknown device > update driver software > browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from list > (i selected in hardware types) 'Modems' then next > Have disk > browse > my location\driver 'htcusbmdn.inf' > open > ok > next > yes to the warning message > wait a moment for the install ( should be successful) click close > all done on to step 17

Last edited:

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Hello!
Can someone dump files Phone ROM id's and file system by using revskills program? qpst should be installed too.
Because when you entering code to unlock operator this code is still stored in Phone ROM.
This way we can find a easy way to unlock device!

Bongo2k

Nov 28, 2006
Ok, to find out which device in the device manager is the ACTUAL modem go into the properties for each device, select the diagnostics tab and hit query modem. If you get an error it isn't the right device in device manager, the correct device will report back strings in the box to the left.

If you get error 619 after "registering computer on the network" do what someone said before and disable the data connection from your phone.

1785136336.png

HSDPA with full signal. One day this backwards country will get 4G....

Last edited:

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Original DELL drivers:
Qualcomm WinMobile Diagnostics 3199
Qualcomm WinMobile NMEA 3199
Qualcomm WinMobile TRACE 3199
Qualcomm WinMobile Modem 3199
Qualcomm USB Device for Legacy Serial Communication

for XP,VISTA,WIN7 32/64

Attachments

• DVP_drivers_allwin.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:

vatsal1212

Nov 2, 2007
My keyboard's some button's not working..so can't type qwertyuiop..is there any alternative to get hidden menu ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While this version of mango might not have the ICS, I just confirmed that the following method works to get USB tethering with Mango.

The following works for Windows 7 x64 (Using either the HTC Drivers or the Qualcomm drivers). All my machines are x64 so I am not sure if this works for x86 systems.

Tether:
    1. Download the HTC Drivers from the bottom of this post[/url]
    2. Or try the Qualcomm drivers attached to this thread if those don't work.
    3. Extract the zip
    4. The XAP dosent work with the DVP so ignore it for now.
    5. Open the phone dialer.
    6. Dial ##634# (Engineering Mode)
    7. If you do not see a wine glass when booting, you need to remove the old EM app and then dial
    8. Slide open your keyboard
    9. Tap the black area of your screen
    10. Press QWERTYUIOP
    11. Scroll down to service center
    12. Click on Composite
    13. Type in *#301#
    14. Wait for your phone to reboot
    15. Install the drivers for the phone with the files in the zip. You do not need to edit these INF files.
    16. Note that you have to right click the unknown device, update drivers, browser, let me pick, all, I have disc, and then browse to where you extracted your drivers
    17. In the device manager (you should be there already) right click on the first HTC USB modem and go to properties
    18. Then go to advanced and enter +CGDCONT=1,"IP","EPN.TMOBILE.COM" into the Extra initialization commands box (Note that these settings are for t-mobile. If you do not use t-mobile please download and find your connection info at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21421101. Replace epn.tmobile.com with your carriers connection info.
    19. Click ok
    20. In your task tray, right click on the network icon and go to network and sharing center
    21. click on Set up a new connection or network
    22. Setup dial-up
    23. HTC USB Modem (Or Qualcomm Usb Modem)
    24. In the phone number field type *99#
    25. Click connect
    26. Have fun

Untether
    If you want to untether, follow steps 6-11 and click on Zune to bring your phone back into normal operating mode

Notes
    You will notice that there are 4 drivers. Two of them are USB (should be the first two) and the other two should be the diagnostic drivers (COM Ports). The diagnostic drivers currently do nothings so you really dont need to install them.

If you are installing the Qualcomm drivers, make sure you select the Qualcomm HS-USB Modem 9202 and not the Qualcomm HS-USB Ethernet Adapter 9202 driver
    Thank me if this works for you :)
    I just added Qualcomm drivers I found online. They work the same but I thought it would be better than the HTC Drivers everyone else is using. I did upload some x86 Drivers I found. They should work but I have no way to test.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    As requested, I've uploaded the HTC drivers. They contain already edited x86 and x64 drivers.
    Check the attached file for your settings. At a quick glance, one of these would be your APN.

Code:
    169,23415,1,Vodafone Internet,pp.vodafone.co.uk,0,web,web, , , , , , ,1, , , , , , ,vodafone UK;
    170,23415,1,Vodafone Internet,Internet,0,web,web, , , , , , ,0, , , , , , ,vodafone UK;
    171,23415,3,Vodafone MMS,pp.vodafone.co.uk,0,web,web,212.183.137.12,8799,http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms, , , ,1, , , , , , ,vodafone UK;
    172,23415,3,Vodafone MMS,wap.vodafone.co.uk,0,wap,wap,212.183.137.12,8799,http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms, , , ,0, , , , , , ,vodafone UK;
    Hi!

Sorry for my English.

I have worked under such scheme:

We have Windows 7 Pro x64
    Dell Venue Pro Mango 7720
    Operator Beeline Russia

- Follow the steps as described MJCS.

5.Open the phone dialer.
    6.Dial # # 634 # (Engineering Mode)
    7.If you do not see a wine glass when booting, you need to remove the old EM app and then dial
    8.Slide open your keyboard
    9.Tap the black area of ​​your screen
    10.Press QWERTYUIOP
    11.Scroll down to service center
    12.Click on Composite
    13.Type in * # 301 #
    14.Wait for your phone to reboot

- Of all the drivers came just from HTC, one that is in the folder HtcUsbMdmV64.
    - In the device manager appeared four unknown device. The first - then what we need, on the other three do not pay attention.
    - Press to update the driver \ search driver on this computer \ select a driver from the... \ show all devices \ Disk \ choose driver "HtcUsbMdmV64".
    - Go to the installed modem, additional communication parameters, add an initialization string (I have AT CGDCONT = 1, "IP", "internet.beeline.ru"), establish a connection as he wrote MJCS:

17.In the device manager (you should be there already) right click on the first HTC USB modem and go to properties
    18.Then go to advanced and enter CGDCONT = 1, "IP", "EPN.TMOBILE.COM" into the Extra initialization commands box
    19.Click ok
    20.In your task tray, right click on the network icon and go to network and sharing center
    21.click on Set up a new connection or network
    22.Setup dial-up
    23.HTC USB Modem (Or Qualcomm Usb Modem)
    24.In the phone number field type * 99 #
    25.Click connect
    26.If will give an error 619 or 678 ..... go to the Phone\ to settings \ cellular \ data connection - set OFF.
    27.I then connect everything is fine.