[I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 9 (08/12/2012)

Search This thread

TabLife

Mar 7, 2012
Beijing
Try hitting the back button, I had this issue also but on earlier builds 3.1 didn't do that for me.

Sent from another iPhone4s..

well, i reflashed and got android to load up. then i rebooted to recovery, flahsed gapps. now, everything i relatively stable but i cant get wifi working.
i enable the wifi device (button is "on") but no networks refresh when i scanm etc.
any ideas?

also, adb doesnt seem to be working since my cpu wont recognize the tab... basically i cant install any new app and cant connect to the webz :(

EDIT::
I used my galaxy nexus (with baller AOKP build 33--shameless plug) to open a hotspot.. now i can connect to that network but still cant access the internet..i have two grey bars for wifi.. still cant find any other networks to connect to the webz

Last edited:

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
That's weird as the play store has always worked for me even back to DP 1, certain apps won't install as it looks like they are doing some system check and as this is a custom rom that really is a work in progress they crash the system check process. But a large number of apps do install for me.

Wifi is not reliable @ the moment the OP is working on it.

So if you boot into recovery you cant ADB ino your device.? I haven't had any issues using ADB.. I actually haven't tried since flashing the 3.1 early this morning.

Last edited:

TrashX

Mar 31, 2007
@TrashX what happenes when you do a full data wipe.?

• wipe data/reset
• wipe cache
• wipe dalvik cache

Thats what I meant with (w/ wipe data). I always thougth "w/" means "with" and "w/o" means "without" - I am from germany :rolleyes:

OK, I did all of these steps (but I am sure that wipe data does a wipe cache) with no success. I'm downloading the ROM again, maybe it is corrupt?

thx, ThrashX

TabLife

Mar 7, 2012
Beijing
That's weird as the play store has always worked for me even back to DP 1, certain apps won't install as it looks like they are doing some system check and as this is a custom rom that really is a work in progress they crash the system check process. But a large number of apps do install for me.

Wifi is not reliable @ the moment the OP is working on it.

So if you boot into recovery you cant ADB ino your device.? I haven't had any issues using ADB.. I actually haven't tried since flashing the 3.1 this early this morning.

im in recovery now. tried repluggin in everything. when i plug tab in the cpu makes the ding sound like usual but there's no tab in my win explorer. do i have to manually mount the tab or something?

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
im in recovery now. tried repluggin in everything. when i plug tab in the cpu makes the ding sound like usual but there's no tab in my win explorer. do i have to manually mount the tab or something?

Ah see you lost me there I'm a Mac/unix guy so I may not be of much help on the windows side. As I can remember windows probably doesn't have the driver or a driver that recognizes the device. Can any windows person shed some light on this for TabLife..?

Update 1

Do you have the latest Android SDK installed properly..? Sorry, I had to ask as ADB is a tool of the SDK..

Update 2

My tab never shows up in the finder which is the macs equivalent of windows explorer. I use the terminal to access my tab. You would call it a command prompt. I have never seen my tab mount on the desktop or in the GUI of my OS.? If your unfamiliar with the command line I wouldn't recommend messing around in it if you are unsure..

Last edited:

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
Thats what I meant with (w/ wipe data). I always thougth "w/" means "with" and "w/o" means "without" - I am from germany :rolleyes:

OK, I did all of these steps (but I am sure that wipe data does a wipe cache) with no success. I'm downloading the ROM again, maybe it is corrupt?

thx, ThrashX

Yeah might be a language barrier.. Lol

I'm sorry I have not had any of the "problems" you mentioned. I did the steps i mentioned as per CWM and had no issues. If re-downloading the rom doesn't help I would suggest doing the FULL wipe again and try reinstalling again. If not verify that your partitions are not corrupted. What rom were you coming from.? Stock.?

Last edited:

TabLife

Mar 7, 2012
Beijing
Ah see you lost me there I'm a Mac/unix guy so I may not be of much help on the windows side. As I can remember windows probably doesn't have the driver or a driver that recognizes the device. Can any windows person shed some light on this for TabLife..?

Update 1

Do you have the latest Android SDK installed properly..? Sorry, I had to ask as ADB is a tool of the SDK..

Update 2

My tab never shows up in the finder which is the macs equivalent of windows explorer. I use the terminal to access my tab. You would call it a command prompt. I have never seen my tab mount on the desktop or in the GUI of my OS.? If your unfamiliar with the command line I wouldn't recommend messing around in it if you are unsure..

im sure if i booted in linux i could hookup with adb.. i got wifi working. just needs to be next to a really strong signal is all. the adb problem is not so bad now that i can hook up to webs to download stuff. anyway, that a lot for your help, friend.

also thanks to the OP.. please keep up the good work and put out a kick-ass stable ROM in the future. i can help test.

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
Glad you got it sorted out. It really is much better than samsung's stock touchwiz'd garbage even in it's current state I have been getting by using 3G data which I can say is much more reliable than in samsung's stock firmware..

Glad to have you aboard.

jamaljmys

Dec 16, 2007
OK I just tested the phone again and this time it didn't hang up when trying to disconnect a call so I can in deed confirm the issue with disconnecting calls . Just a heads up.. I had to put the tablet into airplane mode to disconnect the call..

Honestly I'm grateful for what we have already, as I've said before I have been using the 2.1 daily since its release and it had less features than 3.0 so I can live with 3.0 until it gets looked @..

No pressure...

Sent from another Galaxy...
Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 CM9 DP 3.0

did you try the phone and rotate with the new CWM 5.5.0.4 ?

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
Yeah i tried the phone in 3.1 and it still exhibits the same issue when trying to disconnect a call. i haven't had the device get stuck in landscape since that one time while running 3.0, so thats a good thing.. I also flashed the CWM 5.5.0.4 and have had no issues with it yet, i haven't done a back up and restore yet, i just installed the 3.1 DP with it.. So far so good..

Last edited:

TrashX

Mar 31, 2007
Yeah might be a language barrier.. Lol

I'm sorry I have not had any of the "problems" you mentioned. I did the steps i mentioned as per CWM and had no issues. If re-downloading the rom doesn't help I would suggest doing the FULL wipe again and try reinstalling again. If not verify that your partitions are not corrupted. What rom were you coming from.? Stock.?

Problem solved. Seems that the first download was corrupt. After a fresh download, everything works as expected. Now I can connect to my WLAN (WPA2) while I am in the same room as the router. A small step for mankind, but a huge step for ICS on SGT7.7 :D

Great improvement!!! :)

Jaevlar

Aug 3, 2010
This is coming along really nice!

Great to see Wifi and 3g working. Keep up the good work:)

bedwa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
Q. Does anyone else not receive a call on this? I wasn't receiving calls and there was no logcat or dmesg info that one even came in..... :-\

My Tab makes phone calls yo! (GT-P6800)

dfkt_

Feb 1, 2011
Vienna
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Should USB be working on DP3.1? I see the GT-P6810 in Windows 7 device manager with the yellow warning triangle and "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" - adb doesn't see the device either (I have debugging enabled).

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
Just built the p6800 version using gcc 4.6.1 - what version are you using now?
I'm using gcc 4.4.5. If you are building on ubuntu especially, I would suggest not using anything above 4.4.
I'm not able to connect to wifi using my own build - logcats got the following errors:

E/wifiStateMachine( 3460): Failed to reload STA fimware java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon
W/CommandListener ( 3258): Failed to retrieve HW addr for wlan0 (No such device)

Then some stuff on failing to change interface settings followed by periodic:

E/wpa_supplicant( 5314): could not read interface wlan0 flags: No such device

Have you pushed your latest changes to github?

I have, but I haven't updated my manifest yet. You have to make sure to use the wifi branches where they exist, I haven't merged them into the main ics branches yet since wifi isn't working perfectly yet. Also there is a one line change that needs to be made to the hardware/libhardware_legacy repo, but I'm still tinkering with the value so I haven't uploaded it to gerrit code review quite yet

Reactions: DaveHodgson

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
For people having adb/other usb issues, I'm very well aware of that. The fact that I can adb right now is a miracle. The current build has GB/HC gadget support, but we really need ICS gadget support (this is kernel level stuff). I have started working on this, but currently I don't have it working.

As for wifi, I'm working on that as well. If you have grey bars, it simply means that you aren't connected to google servers (which is always the case if you don't have gapps installed).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've started porting CyanogenMod 9 to the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Do not flash this unless you know how to backup your data and especially unless you know how to get back to stock. If you don't already know how to do this, you might want to familiarize yourself with the process now, while the developers try to stablize CM9. I don't have time to help people unbrick their devices, and will not take responsibility for any user bricking their device, you flash this at your own risk.

If you are a developer interested in helping out with the porting effort, please PM me.

Known Issues
    • HDMI dongle doesn't work
    • Some USB keyboards aren't working
    • I815: CDMA and LTE isn't enabled
    • I815: GPS doesn't work
    • I815: Autobrightness is broken
    Download
    Google apps can be found at http://goo.im/gapps
    Old

Flash
    Flash from ClockworkMod Recovery, make sure to wipe data/factory reset. No whining if it eats your homework.

Build Instructions
    Setup a standard CyanogenMod 9 build environment (there are plenty of tutorials on the web already on how to do this). Then
    1. Add add the following entries to your local manifest
      Code:
      <project path="device/samsung/XXX"
          name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_XXX" 
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      <project path="device/samsung/smdk4210-tab"
          name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_smdk4210-tab" 
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4210-tab"
          name="ohanar/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210-tab"
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      where you replace XXX with your device (i815, p6200, p6210, p6800, p6810, or t869).
    2. Make sure that your device is running the newest build of CyanogenMod 9 or stock ICS if your device has it.
    3. Make sure your device is plugged in and has debugging enabled.
    4. Run the extract-files script from your particular device tree.
    5. Run vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
    6. Your sources are now ready, to build run
      Code:
      $ . build/envsetup.sh       # this sets up the build environment
      $ lunch cm_XXX-userdebug    # this selects your device
      $ mka bacon                 # this builds CM
    Changelog
    • 08/08/2012
      • Hopefully remaining wifi issues fixed (wifi hotfix shouldn't be needed anymore)
      • Wifi tethering enabled (no clue if it works)
    • 08/03/2012
      • LPM fixed (can now charge while off)
      • Camera force closes fixed
    • 7/19/2012
      • P68x0: Autobrightness fixed
      • Bluetooth fixed (thanks to lowtraxx for pointing out where the issue was)
      • I815: LTE Modem's massive power drain fixed
    • 7/15/2012
      • Wifi! -- for real real, not for play play
      • P6800: SIM Toolkit Support
      • Hardware-Accelerated Video (Regression in 7/10/2012)
      • ASOP Charging mode (still not really working)
    • 7/10/2012
      • smdk4210-tab kernel
      • I815 build
      • vibration (regression in Alpha 2)
      • 3g data on P6800 (regression in Alpha 2)
      • Camera (both front and back)
      • Regression: Hardware-accelated video (this also means no previews in the Camera)
      • Regression: LPM
    • Alpha 2
      • smdk4210 kernel (common kernel used in the CM9 ports for the i9100, i777, n7000, p6200, p6210, p6800, and p6810)
      • USB gadget support
      • Hardware-accelerated video
      • Rear facing camera (only stills for now)
      • Better auto brightness (values still need to be tuned)
      • LPM (charge while off)
      • Probably other stuff (been a long time since last update)
      • Regression: Vibrator no longer works, we now get a beep instead
    • Alpha 1
      • Upgrade wifi driver to compat-wireless-3.4-rc3-1
      • GPS hopefully fixed (thanks to Alan Orth)
      • Data Usage fixed (thanks to Alan Orth + Galaxy Tab 10.1 devs)
    • DP3.1
      • Wifi fix that sometimes works
    • DP3
      • Torch App (thanks to Alan Orth)
      • Fixed reboot download
      • Wifi partially works
      • Other random bugs caused by building with gcc 4.6 (now using the recommended 4.4)
    • DP2.1
      • 3G/GSM fix (thanks to poisike)
    • DP2
      • Audio works!
    • DP1.1
      • Partial fix for autobrightness (gets brighter, doesn't get darker)
      • Phone like interface is gone
      • P6800: added GSM libraries, and basic 3g configuration

Credits
    • aorth -- set up the device tree for the GT-6200 (Tab Plus 3g), has been a great collaborator
    • poisike -- provided fix for 3g/gsm
    • teamhacksung -- set up the galaxys2 device tree, which was the basis for my tree
    Everyone who is having trouble with wifi, make sure you do the following
    1. Wipe/Factory reset
    2. If you know how make a logcat.
    3. If you made a logcat, post it, and if you didn't don't post anything -- I'm fully aware that Wifi isn't working for everyone
    4. Try the hotfix I've attached to this post

@loccera there is an old wpa_supplicant in the newest build. Thats why wifi isnt working for most of the users.
    If you mean it doesn't have the wpa_supplicant from stock ICS, that is because it is impossible to include a binary wpa_supplicant in the CM build process (if you tried, it would get overwritten by the one that is built from source). The reasoning is that wpa_supplicant is GPL'ed, so by law any alterations made to it that are used in a distributed binary must be publicly shared -- unfortunately Samsung has decided to ignore the law and has not released their modifications. The best I can do is provide a hotfix zip with the stock ICS wpa_supplicant until I manage to get the opensource driver fully functional.
    Thread Cleaned

I have cleaned all of the off topic posts from the last few pages. I remind all this is a development thread and not for general discussion.

EDIT: Once again i have cleaned this thread, please only post here if you have something to add to the development. Lets keep it on topic from now!​
    What I was really doing while all y'all were complaining about your lack of mobile data :p
    So aorth just fixed RIL, the last outstanding issue from switching kernels that has plagued the Tab 7+. Unfortunately we weren't as lucky, and had a few more:
    • screen glitches (which make the build unusable)
    • the vibrator is broken (and produces annoying beeps)
    I'm currently waiting on the note source drop before trying to fix those, but once I do, I plan on posting a new build which should have the following fixed
    • usb gadget support (adb should work on all platforms, mtp should work, usb tethering, etc...)
    • hardware accelerated video
    • proof of concept camera (this and wifi are what I'm currently working on)
    • possibly other stuff that I'm forgetting