[Q] 3G dead for me no idea why D:

Search This thread

XjokiX7

Jan 21, 2012
Well for some odd reason my 3G isn't functioning correctly. It randomly appears and disappear. Started happening after my last flash. If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it. But for now no more flashing. Also I would appreciate to help out if anyone needs help.

XjokiX7

Jan 21, 2012
Keep us posted, where u live at might be cell towers?

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2

Signal randomly came back and started functioning right so I'm fine for now. :p

You say it happened after a flash? What were you on and what did you flash too?

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda app-developers app

Switched from ciscogee's rom to normal deodexed rom.. then put trailblazers mods cause I never really checked what all it had. and as soon as the phone booted up from flashing that's when the 3g started acting funny. but it's all good now. and no one to blame. :eek: just my mistakes.

Just wondered, cause I've had some random odd things going on...wifi not scanning/connecting, notifications not working, weather not updating, apps that did work fine fc'ing, earlier today my soft keys disappeared... they still worked just couldn't see them. Some times the phone runs like a Ferrari, sometimes like a pinto.:p Rebooting seems to fix it, or jump to another problem. Its almost like sometimes things don't get loaded correctly at boot. Not bad enough to make the phone unusable, but does have me scratching my head sometimes.

XjokiX7

Jan 21, 2012
Just wondered, cause I've had some random odd things going on...wifi not scanning/connecting, notifications not working, weather not updating, apps that did work fine fc'ing, earlier today my soft keys disappeared... they still worked just couldn't see them. Some times the phone runs like a Ferrari, sometimes like a pinto.:p Rebooting seems to fix it, or jump to another problem. Its almost like sometimes things don't get loaded correctly at boot. Not bad enough to make the phone unusable, but does have me scratching my head sometimes.

Hmm.. that's odd. the only problems I had was that my lockscreen wasn't showing even after I locked it and the whole 3g issue. The lockscreen problem didn't bother me much but the 3g one did. both fix themselves on their own. Rebooting does work. but also when it's booting up it's best to wait and let everything load instead of using it right away. But aside from this don't worry much. :) These bugs and error will go away soon as we get closer to our goal. :eek:

Hmm.. that's odd. the only problems I had was that my lockscreen wasn't showing even after I locked it and the whole 3g issue. The lockscreen problem didn't bother me much but the 3g one did. both fix themselves on their own. Rebooting does work. but also when it's booting up it's best to wait and let everything load instead of using it right away. But aside from this don't worry much. :) These bugs and error will go away soon as we get closer to our goal. :eek:

Oh, I'm not complaining! It's still MUCH better than Verizon had it!:D
Yeah, letting it boot and "settle in" is the way to go...still starts up a lot faster than stock. The only bug that really concerned me was the wifi. It only happened once, so probably just a fluke.

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
The lockscreen won't show until you toggle the "disable lockscreen" or whatever it's called on and off in TSM parts ---> lockscreen... it'd be a good idea to also choose a lockscreen too, and pick one you like :)

And I figured out awhile ago why we have some problems, including weather syncing, ticker sleep settings, unsaved options for social network options in ticker options, ticker time delay nut saving, etc etc... it's because there aren't proper permissions given to the dbdata/databases/com.android.settings/tt_prefs or something like that :) I managed to fix it, and I can release a quick patch that fixes it, I just didn't know anyone else was having the issues, haha

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda premium

Last edited:

XjokiX7

Jan 21, 2012
Oh, I'm not complaining! It's still MUCH better than Verizon had it!:D
Yeah, letting it boot and "settle in" is the way to go...still starts up a lot faster than stock. The only bug that really concerned me was the wifi. It only happened once, so probably just a fluke.

I agree on that. :) and patience is all it takes.

The lockscreen won't show until you toggle the "disable lockscreen" or whatever it's called on and off in TSM parts ---> lockscreen... it'd be a good idea to also choose a lockscreen too, and pick one you like :)

And I figured out awhile ago why we have some problems, including weather syncing, ticker sleep settings, unsaved options for social network options in ticker options, ticker time delay nut saving, etc etc... it's because there aren't proper permissions given to the dbdata/databases/com.android.settings/tt_prefs or something like that :) I managed to fix it, and I can release a quick patch that fixes it, I just didn't know anyone else was having the issues, haha

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda premium

That patch would be great! Hope you release it soon. :)

While we're on the subject of odd stuff...anyone had an issue with when you plug in USB with the phone on/screen off the phone locks up? Doesn't matter if its the wall charger or connected to a computer. Have to pull the battery and reboot. If the screen is on or if the phone is off then everything works as it should.

XjokiX7

Jan 21, 2012
While we're on the subject of odd stuff...anyone had an issue with when you plug in USB with the phone on/screen off the phone locks up? Doesn't matter if its the wall charger or connected to a computer. Have to pull the battery and reboot. If the screen is on or if the phone is off then everything works as it should.

That's new. o_O Never had that problem before.. What all have you flashed?

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
Now remember eg04 is a leak, so things aren't stable. Ddms/logcat logs would be needed to debug

Now remember eg04 is a leak, so things aren't stable. Ddms/logcat logs would be needed to debug

Oh I know...I hope its not coming off like I'm complaining, cause I'm not. I like how the phone works now, there is a 0% chance of me going back to stock. Just putting it out there in case someone else has the same issue.
I'll try to get a log and see what's going on when it happens.

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
Oh I know...I hope its not coming off like I'm complaining, cause I'm not. I like how the phone works now, there is a 0% chance of me going back to stock. Just putting it out there in case someone else has the same issue.
I'll try to get a log and see what's going on when it happens.

No worries :) just was saying

jaycush

Jan 17, 2013
I noticed that my 3G will go out when I'm on wifi, however if wifi isn't connected to internet it will not automatically pick up the 3G. I would recommend if people continue to have problems look and see if toggling off wifi will help bring the network back online. Worked this problem and many others last night. Nearly "bricked" the unbrickable thankfully stayed calm and worked through each problem one at a time and soon will try and reflash CWM and then TB's mods for ec09.