Camera

Search This thread

sturmtruppler

Sep 10, 2012
Hey there!

Has anyobe found a qualified report about the camera?
Are pictures good? Maybe comparison to XZ or S3?

Thank you!

sturmtruppler

Sep 10, 2012
AW: Camera

Thanks for the quick reply! In the link you posted the camera is only described, there are no details about pictures taken with it. I want to know if pictures are really that good, or if it's just another marketing-thing...

sx_turbo

Feb 19, 2013
there doesnt seem to be any official reviews yet with actual pictures taken on the phone, all that is said is that its only 4mp camera but the resolution is meant to be much better and lets a lot more light in than previous htc phones

kalo88

Nov 21, 2012
If you look in the general thread, i've linked one where it is vs the iphone 5 but it shows you image quality, click on the article link and it'll tell you more.

RCJ89

Oct 5, 2012
london, UK
Hello guys first of all may I just say I don't expect anyone to trust me especially without my own evidence (I would have had some if this crap bb didn't die on me while I was down oxford street).
However though after seeing those images vs the iphone btw I thought the images on the one were better than the iphone but inferior to the lumia 920. I decided to hunt the one down again to do some camera tests.

On tuesday on the launch of the one, i went to phones 4 u oxford street (bond street) played with the one for about 3 mins and decided it was better than the z, had better audio, camera/video which is the main things i use on the phone. however that was without side by side comparison.
after seeing the images online posted by the one, i was thinking to myself when i played with it the images looked better than that, so i headed down the whole of oxford street from tottenham court road to bond street in and out of carphone warehouse, three stores and phones 4 u and vodafone like a mad man. finally I went back to the phones 4 u that did the launch and as I walked in i saw they had the one on display however it is bolted down, with both cameras and headset jack covered, so i was disappointed as i though i wouldnt be able to do camera tests. Absolutely gutted i walked out and futher up the road to the three store (opposite selfriges).

walked in and saw they had a dummy of the black version of the one, i asked the staff to they have the real phone one said the rep came earlier and will be back tomorrow about 9am, i thought damn man then one of the staff said hold on ill check if we have the demo phone in the back. She said by the way it is a pre production unit and not final retail unit, anyway she went in the back and came back an there in her hand was a silver one, totally deprived of any restrictions what so ever, so i got a feel of the phone its far better to hold in the hand than the z due to it being smooth (the egdes of the z are rough), also feels and looks smaller than it is and it looks thinner than 9.3mm aswell.
I know audio is better than the z so i got straight to work in comparing front and rear cameras on both phones side by side. I got the staff in the three store to judge which has the better camera aswell.

these are our findings and truthful findings. z was on superior auto setting and one was on its normal auto focus setting i didn't tamper with anything else.
sharpness, colour accuracy (more natural colours), auto focusing and camera speed all favoured the one not to say the camera on the z is rubbish but The z tended to lose focus on objects (same issues that plagued the xperia s/t last year that annoyed me so much) and also letters looked more blurry on the z (i got one of the booklets and was focusing on the letters, the one was far sharper than the z and even just on general objects the one had the sharper camera.
Video (both phones were in 1080p mode on auto focus setting) again was the same story the z was struggling to focus at times, while the one always maintained focus and showed the sharper image and better colour accuracy also better audio aswell.

Even the front camera had clearer more detailed images and videos than the xperia zs front camera, also i tried zooming on the rear camera of the one again it showed more detail on zoom than any other phone I have seen bar the Nokia N8, 808, Lumia 920.
Personally in my opinion and the guys in the three store the camera on the HTC one is remarkable the staff in the three store didn't even know the one only had a 4mp camera they thought it was 13mp it was so good.
This is one of the reasons I rather go hands on with things myself than look on the internet or at reviews and I am urging people to do the same.
You will be surprised about this ultra pixel 4mp camera thing today really showed me and the three staff that its really not all about the megapixels because the ones 4.3mp camera was overall better than the xperia z's 13.1mp camera.

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia Z5
Hey Guys everyone keeps asking about the HTC ONE Ultrapixel camera, so while I was at the London launch I took a couple photographs!

To see more http://www.flickr.com/photos/symbolizm/8499082590/

Lastly if you are looking to buy one of these great phones why not join us at the HTC ONE Users Group over at Flickr to share your photos and discuss all things 'ONE'! http://www.flickr.com/groups/htc-one/

Not now, hahahahaha. Needs a better model ;)

onlinejobwork

Aug 31, 2008
LONDON
OnePlus 8T
I went to three store at oxford street and pretending to know nothing about HTC one and a black sales person told me it comes with 16 gb and I disagree but still he keep saying its 16 gb but when I denied he went backdoor and come after 7 min. (dumbo) after some quick research on the net or ask senior employee and confirm its a 32 GB
never ask for any advice or technical stuff to people working in store, they can advice you on only one thing how many model of certain phone they sold and how many and which brands models they got in for repair as faulty full stop