[ROM] AlienMOD Mecha Series I - 4.0.4 / Sony / DNA / Panorama / 10.7.13

Search This thread

LaDamian

May 28, 2011
Thanks for the new rom. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'm glad someone is still breathing life into this.

Edit: Can't download. I'm also getting the service unavailable notification.

Last edited:

rgsgroup2005

Dec 17, 2010
Puyallup
Thanks for the new rom. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'm glad someone is still breathing life into this.

Edit: Can't download. I'm also getting the service unavailable notification.

Yeah that link should be back up shortly. I think I'm going to find another host tonight just because they keep closing it down a lot I see. Must be more downloads then they can handle lol.

Edit: Just checked it. Works now. :)

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda app-developers app

Reactions: aross01

premiso

Jan 17, 2008
Colorado
www.aeonity.com
Wireless Mishap?

My wireless connects, but once connected I can never get any data off of it. Not sure what is up with that. I went back to the old twisted ICS from January 2013 and wireless works great again. I think I will try the Star kernel and see if that fixes it but other than that...Any suggestions?

I tried different DNS's static IP and my DHCP and still nothing. I also have multiple Wireless AP's and it would not work on any of them. This is a great ROM except for that bit. Once I get that figured out I will be happy as a kid in an alley with gasoline.

BuffaloChips

Dec 30, 2011
The thing I find myself missing is being able to utilize the wi-fi hotspot. What is good for correcting that, short of PAYING verizon for the occasional use?

Last edited:

quickdraw86

Feb 1, 2012
Harrisburg, SD
The thing I find myself missing is being able to utilize the wi-fi hotspot. What is good for correcting that, short of PAYING verizon for the occasional use?

No idea whether you're saying you subscribe to WiFi hotspot or not, but wireless tether has always worked fine for me on the bolt and I certainly don't pay for hotspot, nor will I ever, WiFi tether is natively part of android, I refuse to pay money hungry VZW for access to what android does out of the box.From GB to ICS, rom to rom, no issue. 3.2beta2 works like a champ:

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list

Last edited:

BuffaloChips

Dec 30, 2011
Ok, to clear it up, I don't pay for the hotspot feature. Otherwise, what's the point of my question?

The thing is, I am still on the unlimited plan and not actually allowed to use the hotspot that comes with Verizon phones. This ROM uses that built in feature. When I open it up it gives me that notice that I have to have Verizons package to use it. I don't want to fire it up and then find a charge on my bill.

quickdraw86

Feb 1, 2012
Harrisburg, SD
Ok, to clear it up, I don't pay for the hotspot feature. Otherwise, what's the point of my question?

The thing is, I am still on the unlimited plan and not actually allowed to use the hotspot that comes with Verizon phones. This ROM uses that built in feature. When I open it up it gives me that notice that I have to have Verizons package to use it. I don't want to fire it up and then find a charge on my bill.

Okay... So just use the WiFi tether app I linked then... Not sure why it matters to you that this rom includes the VZW hotspot app if you're not a subscriber to it. I'm unlimited and use that app to tether all the time without issue.

BuffaloChips

Dec 30, 2011
Oops! Was really tired when I looked at your post and didn't even see that. Just looked at my reply and realized I shouldn't post exhausted. Sorry. I'm sure I sounded like an ass. Really didn't mean to.

EDIT: Crap, can't seem to get it working. My PC won't pick it up for whatever reason..

Last edited:

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Set it up as follows
Device profile= rezound
Routing fix= checked
Enable access control if you want to prevent people from using your tether.
You may need to reboot or restart the app after setting it up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: quickdraw86

quickdraw86

Feb 1, 2012
Harrisburg, SD
Oops! Was really tired when I looked at your post and didn't even see that. Just looked at my reply and realized I shouldn't post exhausted. Sorry. I'm sure I sounded like an ass. Really didn't mean to.

EDIT: Crap, can't seem to get it working. My PC won't pick it up for whatever reason..

No worries. I always keep in mind that people I interact with online when it's late at night where I live could be sleep deprived as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing: AlienMOD Mecha Series I

Sony Launcher from Xperia Z / Droid DNA Boot with sound / Sony Walkman / Charging Wallpaper / De-Sensed 4.0.4 Stable

Latest Version Download Series I: http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/15588/5154/AlienMOD_Mecha_Series_I.zip

ICS Radio (Thanks to satod040 - your device may need it prior to install rom): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2134666

About AlienMOD Mecha Rom:

Google Now

G'z Gear imported from the Casio Commando

Android 4.0.4 Stock Rooted Base 7.02.605.10 710RD Deodex / De-Sensed 3.6
    Thanks to santod040 found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136273

We mildly themed it with flying windows :)

Kernel: Stock ICS 3.0.16-g65bd5ca

Sony Xperia Z Launcher
    Thanks to ra3al found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2368506

LMT Swipe launcher Mod by noname81
    Found Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

Droid DNA Bootanimation and sound! By dubsx
    found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2007073

Charging Wallpapers imported from LG Intuition

Droid 2 Global Ringtones

Sony Car Home

De-Bloated

Sony Walkman Music Player with Visualizer

How to install AlienMOD Mecha roms:

1) Place rom on the root of your SD card

2) Boot into your favorite custom recovery

3) Wipe Data / Factory Reset

4) Wipe Cache

5) Wipe Dalvik Cache

6) Flash ICS Radio -Link Above (only if you have issues)

7) Install AlienMOD Mecha

8) Reboot / Enjoy

**You must update SuperSU after you establish internet connection or the phone will act like it is not rooted. Just tap the normal update option when you go into SuperSU

Thunderbolt lives on

A new Rom release... A welcome surprise, to be sure. Will try, thanks for sharing/posting.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

There's not many of us left on the bolt haha.
    I went from old Evo 4G to Evo 3D myself. My wife kept complaining about her stock rom on the T-bolt. This phone has a lot of potential so I thought I'd start development here too :)
    Dear God....a new rom?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4
    Walking counter does force close, and adventure training as well, likely due to walking counter. I was unable to get a GPS lock, even after trying GPS assistance data. As I don't see the facebook for HTC sense app, the exclusion of it from friendstream isn't a bug. It's also unlikely that a Verizon user can duplicate or remedy the unknown SIM issue...

Facebook for HTC Sense sucessfully adapted frm Nusense ROM:highfive:
    Nusense tweak volume to wake seems not working in this ROM:(
    -edited-
    https://db.tt/YaTNI06U
    this one working :D

btw like quickdraw mention upthere...
    what is the the VZW_Remote_Tool.apk in the system folder used for?
    awesome panoramic photo working, landscape homescreen available, sony ui working..

non working:
    -pedometer, adventure training
    -there is no facebook for htc sense in friendstream
    -for non vzw user will see "this sim card frm unknown location" on lockring...:crying:
    2013-10-08_11-25-45.png

-my GPS seems cant lock my position for long time..

ill stick wit this rom for w while :fingers-crossed: