[ROOT] ROOT Status of Official Sprint 2.1 release RUU: YES! | 6/03

Search This thread

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Hero/

You'll find all of the released RUUs at that site for both GSM and CDMA Hero models. When you run the EXE it will expand the files in your temp directory and that's where you can find the rom.zip.

I have all of the CDMA ones in there and others that I have been given.... none of them will do it. I have tried them all, with all of the zips I have. It's the android-info.txt file in the zip that creates the error. The version # is lower than that in the build.prop on the unrooted phone. You can't change either one.

And to all people wondering why there are so many RUU's in this site... most of them are for the GSM Hero.. DO NOT RUN THEM!!

You will lose more than just root lol :cool:

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
well I was just going thru the Aruwizzard.exe these are some of the command I saw. Probably nothing good but hell anything is worth checking.
Code:
C M D
R U U   a d b   k i l l - s e r v e r
b o o t - m o d e   R U U
a d b   - s   % s   s h e l l   r e b o o t     e r r o r   0   1   2   3   4   f a s t b o o t   - s   % s   r e b o o t
a d b   - s   % s   s h e l l   r e b o o t   o e m - 7 8   f a s t b o o t   - s   % s   o e m   r e b o o t R U U     f a s t b o o t   - s   % s   o e m   r e b o o t R U U
f a s t b o o t   - s   % s   g e t v a r   % s
a d b   - s   % s   s h e l l   g e t p r o p   r o . b u i l d . d e s c r i p t i o n     e r r o r       v e r s i o n - m a i n
a d b   - s   % s   s h e l l   c a t   / s y s / c l a s s / p o w e r _ s u p p l y / b a t t e r y / c a p a c i t y     e r r o r   b a t t e r y - s t a t u s     g o o d
f a s t b o o t   - s   % s   e r a s e   c a c h e     C M D   O U T
a d b   - s   % s   p u s h   % s   % s     a d b   - s   % s   s h e l l   P P S T

Last edited:

abcdfv

Dec 13, 2009
Wilmington, NC
well I was just going thru the Aruwizzard.exe these are some of the command I saw. Probably nothing good but hell anything is worth checking.
Code:
C M D
R U U   a d b   k i l l - s e r v e r
b o o t - m o d e   R U U
a d b   - s   % s   s h e l l   r e b o o t     e r r o r   0   1   2   3   4   f a s t b o o t   - s   % s   r e b o o t
a d b   - s   % s   s h e l l   r e b o o t   o e m - 7 8   f a s t b o o t   - s   % s   o e m   r e b o o t R U U     f a s t b o o t   - s   % s   o e m   r e b o o t R U U
f a s t b o o t   - s   % s   g e t v a r   % s
a d b   - s   % s   s h e l l   g e t p r o p   r o . b u i l d . d e s c r i p t i o n     e r r o r       v e r s i o n - m a i n
a d b   - s   % s   s h e l l   c a t   / s y s / c l a s s / p o w e r _ s u p p l y / b a t t e r y / c a p a c i t y     e r r o r   b a t t e r y - s t a t u s     g o o d
f a s t b o o t   - s   % s   e r a s e   c a c h e     C M D   O U T
a d b   - s   % s   p u s h   % s   % s     a d b   - s   % s   s h e l l   P P S T

Not unless we somehow managed to reverse engineer the RUU to not run a version check.

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
Not unless we somehow managed to reverse engineer the RUU to not run a version check.

well after going thru the entire ruu package at best I can the fasstboot is what is doing all the checks it is merly relaying the info back to the installer.
It seems that all the verifications are generated thru adb fastboot. I dont think that removing is the answer but redirecting the info would be possible.
if we could find a way of having it pull the roms info twice instead of rom+phone.
Just a thought.

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Remember guys... The RUU is just a wrapper. The RUU's GUI has NOTHING to do what commands go on. You can replicate the RUU exactly by doing the following.

Code:
adb shell reboot oem-78 (you will see the HTC grey/black screen)

fastboot devices   (to make sure its in fastboot)

fastboot -s <phone's serial #> flash zip (path of)rom.zip

(    -s <serial number> is not needed,
     but it helps specify what device to flash to
     if there is more than one phone/AVD running
)

fastboot reboot (when flashing is finished)
that is all the RUU does... the RUU itself does NO version checking ither than grabbing the info from the build.prop and txt file to display on the GUI. Hboot on the phone is what we have to fool... aka, probably not possble..

abcdfv

Dec 13, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Remember guys... The RUU is just a wrapper. The RUU's GUI has NOTHING to do what commands go on. You can replicate the RUU exactly by doing the following.

Code:
adb shell reboot oem-78 (you will see the HTC grey/black screen)

fastboot devices   (to make sure its in fastboot)

fastboot -s <phone's serial #> flash zip (path of)rom.zip

(    -s <serial number> is not needed,
     but it helps specify what device to flash to
     if there is more than one phone/AVD running
)

fastboot reboot (when flashing is finished)
that is all the RUU does... the RUU itself does NO version checking ither than grabbing the info from the build.prop and txt file to display on the GUI. Hboot on the phone is what we have to fool... aka, probably not possble..

Unless we get a new HBOOT and haxor it into reading a dummy build.prop. or even trying to just Hex edit out current HBOOT.

lostinroot:)

May 11, 2010
Topeka
You know the devs at HTC are reading this right as we speak. And there probably getting really nervous because they are getting paid on the effectivness of there security measusers, kinda like commission

Regaw, I dont know where you got your skills but i want them!!!!

My bet is that it will be broke by Wedensday

Last edited:

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
You know the devs at HTC are reading this right as we speak. And there probably getting really nervous because they are getting paid on the effectivness of there security measusers, kinda like commission

Regaw, I dont know where you got your skills but i want them!!!!

My bet is that it will be broke by Wedensday
Lol I bet they don't know how I got ahold of their release keys :p

Yeah I hope they saw that...
If they speak English...

Ok kidding about the keys. If I had them, this would have been rooted in about 1 minute.
I am travelling all day Tuesday, but ill be working on this all day tomorrow and Wednesday. I have a few extra tools that should help now.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

imleon

Jan 16, 2010
www.lostleon.com
Lol I bet they don't know how I got ahold of their release keys :p

Yeah I hope they saw that...
If they speak English...

Ok kidding about the keys. If I had them, this would have been rooted in about 1 minute.
I am travelling all day Tuesday, but ill be working on this all day tomorrow and Wednesday. I have a few extra tools that should help now.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
haha have i nice trip~

lostinroot:)

May 11, 2010
Topeka
Yeah im still learning all about this rooting deal.......My only problem....I can decide which Rom to keep...I think im going to try that new one called

RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.27.651.5_R_signed_release

JK Im not that dumb

Avalaunchmods

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2010
Kentucky
hmm what if we run the .exe and when it gets sent to temp, take that recovery and either replace it with one of ours or swap the guts.

i have not even looked at it but its not hard to fool installshield.

imleon

Jan 16, 2010
www.lostleon.com
Yeah im still learning all about this rooting deal.......My only problem....I can decide which Rom to keep...I think im going to try that new one called

RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.27.651.5_R_signed_release

JK Im not that dumb

are you going to flash this release signed RUU?
I suggest you never do this until we got it rooted.

If you want, you may flash this damageless's rom dump from RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.27.651.5_R_signed_release, and its here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=681697

The only difference between damageless's dump and official RUU's system part is that it has root and busybox.

sk63

Mar 1, 2010
Chicago