[Q] auto sending sms on every restart on note 3

Search This thread

vickysame

Jan 5, 2012
Hi I am facing an issue on my samsung galaxy note 3 india version. Whenever I am restarting my phone it is sending sms to somewhere I could not figure it out which app or service is sending this sms. Anybody else is also facing this issue. I have formatted my phone still same thing.

markad1

Dec 6, 2011
Hi I am facing an issue on my samsung galaxy note 3 india version. Whenever I am restarting my phone it is sending sms to somewhere I could not figure it out which app or service is sending this sms. Anybody else is also facing this issue. I have formatted my phone still same thing.

In settings,,,,security,,,,there is an option "sim change alert"
If this was set with a sim it will send a text every time the phone is restarted with a different sim.

vijyes

Jan 31, 2014
I too face the same problem.

Hi I am using reliance sim. I know about vodafone offer this thing is not related to that offer.

I lose Rs1.2 every time I press reboot. I use iBall Andi 4Di plus with android. Rs 1.2 is my sms charge on BSNL sim. Every time I press reboot, the phone reboots and after a minute of rebooting, I get a message from bsnl saying last call cost was Rs 1.2 and my total remaining balance. I've lost about Rs 20 so far (which is not a big amount). But, what concerns me more is the audacious sms sending by phone. Somebody help

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I think certain India test/STOCK ROMs in the past (I have seen that problem on a i9300 ROM like one year ago) send after (first?) reboot a SMS to an office of Samsung India - something which I believe is deeply stupid - so you might want to give them a call. And let people know more if you learn something new on that matter from Samsung India.

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa

It's due to some bloatware on your phone.

To find which one cause the issue, install App Ops Starter, switch to Messaging tab and you will see which app send an SMS

vishnuR001

Feb 4, 2014
change csc code

This is not a bug...it's some kind of checking by samsung in indian firmwares..this is very annoying and i faced this in my samsung galaxy y duos...to disable this, you just need to change the csc codes from india to some other countries. type *272*your imei number# and select anything except INU and INS and click install...your phone will reboot...please note that this will factory reset the phone...so backup the data...from now on, no auto sms and balance deduction...

note: i'm not sure that the above said code will work on note...if it's not working, search "how to change csc code" in google...you will find other methods to do it...the above said procedure applies to all samsung devices....

Last edited:

vickylahkarbytes

Dec 25, 2013
hello,
it is some app you have installed to the ROM after rooting your device like an anti-theft software. its main function is set as" everytime you reboot the device, your phone sends as sms to a predefined mobile number".
solution: you have t flash a new ROM or the stock ROM again. the current ROM you are having right now is already infected with it. Either you install Titanium Back up and then check out one by one what that suspicious app might be and delete or you are to get a stock ROM for your device and flash it. Simple formating by CWM would not help as it will delete only the apps which you have installed and not the ones in your root.
hope this helps.

madhurithakur

Apr 13, 2015
I lose Rs1.2 every time I press reboot. I use iBall Andi 4Di plus with android. Rs 1.2 is my sms charge on BSNL sim. Every time I press reboot, the phone reboots and after a minute of rebooting, I get a message from bsnl saying last call cost was Rs 1.2 and my total remaining balance. I've lost about Rs 20 so far (which is not a big amount). But, what concerns me more is the audacious sms sending by phone. Somebody help

I am facing same problem . From my iball tablet , each time I reboot 1.50 rs deducted. Have you find any solution yet ? Please let me know

xdadigger

Mar 14, 2015
How to find out what is causing this problem. .. I think we better delete the csc or modify it. I want some expert to help us please .my device laxy mega alwaye sends an sms after every reset. I am fed up.

mdfaizer

Jan 14, 2016
I am facing problem with samsung galaxy j1,there is no sim card and no sd card but its receiving message automatically ,device restart automatically all the time.i try with odin to wipe the data,but no changes in devices please help me