[Q] Will general KitKat update be the same as Developer Edition KitKat?

Search This thread
Sep 5, 2010
The HTC One Developer Edition got KitKat almost two months ago, and we've seen plenty of Sense roms released with KitKat as a result. However, is the official update that's supposedly coming out this month for regular non-developer edition phones going to be any different?

If not, why is there a delay at all?

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
The HTC One Developer Edition got KitKat almost two months ago, and we've seen plenty of Sense roms released with KitKat as a result. However, is the official update that's supposedly coming out this month for regular non-developer edition phones going to be any different?

If not, why is there a delay at all?

Nope, it isn't gonna be any different. Its just taking time because of carrier modifications and many intermediate testing and approval stages. Read the HTC update chart that had come up on the xda portal a few weeks ago.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Nope, it isn't gonna be any different. Its just taking time because of carrier modifications and many intermediate testing and approval stages. Read the HTC update chart that had come up on the xda portal a few weeks ago.

@thedancingbear
this is mostly right .. but AT&T have never followed the same path and their RUU and updates often include different radio's different hboot different touchscreen drivers and are better suited to AT&T US phones
(more fine tuned if you will). The basic kitkat will be the same but that's about it.

Reactions: n1234d

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
@thedancingbear
this is mostly right .. but AT&T have never followed the same path and their RUU and updates often include different radio's different hboot different touchscreen drivers and are better suited to AT&T US phones
(more fine tuned if you will). The basic kitkat will be the same but that's about it.

Don't most carriers have their own radios? I think the hboot will be the same across the ATT & Dev editions. Both are receiving the same update (4.06.1540.2) and have identical hardware.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Don't most carriers have their own radios? I think the hboot will be the same across the ATT & Dev editions. Both are receiving the same update (4.06.1540.2) and have identical hardware.

The Developer Edition has already been updated 2 times
(their at .1540.3 now) and The carrier updates are not the same as the developer edition ..different radio / different build.prop / different drivers
Same basic kitkat features .. yes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@thedancingbear