Worth the wait?

Search This thread

ericwalsh

Sep 21, 2010
brick
So my phones been broken since August, and I have no backups. In other words, I haven't had a phone since mid-August. Anyway, I just got some money for my birthday and job. Should I wait until the Galaxy Nexus comes out for tmo in late November? If not, suggest getting any other phone?

EDIT:hmm alright. I need a phone.. Im trying not to spend the most amount of money because im going to buy the Nexus during christmas time, but can anyone steer me in the right direction in buying a used phone off craigslist? Preferably a decent one? Price Range $100-$275. I have T-mobile but any phone thats compatible whether its unlocked or not I'll be willing to get. I'm in jersey BTW, in case any of you want to give it a look.

Last edited:

ruthlesset

Mar 26, 2010
If you have enough money to buy one unlocked for the full price, then you should hopefully have it by this month end.

If you are looking for tmo subsidized, then there is a possibility that you might have wait longer.

Reactions: ericwalsh

ericwalsh

Sep 21, 2010
brick
if you read this topic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1316800

you'll know you're in for a very long wait

but it might be worth it, depending how fan are you of stock AOS
yea, I read through a bunch of pages in that thread. If I have to wait a week or two, I'll be fine with that... And I'm just going to root it assuming it will be possible as other Nexus phones were easily rooted..

Just not so sure if its hitting tmobile.. I dont come on here as much as I used to, but if you find ANY news having to do with tmo and the galaxy nexus or the release date, mind Pming me? thanks :cool:

If you have enough money to buy one unlocked for the full price, then you should hopefully have it by this month end.

If you are looking for tmo subsidized, then there is a possibility that you might have wait longer.
yea, I think ill just be buying it full price unfortunately.

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Only you can decide for yourself which phone is best and what is "worth" the wait for you.

Just do the research and decide what's good for you.

psycho2097

Nov 1, 2010
Raleigh
I will personally wait till prices drop at Christmas. My captivate is going super strong after installing miui. I got money, lots of it... So gonna buy unlocked! No seriously, it's because I am going out of the country mid next year for a while... Some legal issues... ;)

Sent from my cell phone. DUH

ruthlesset

Mar 26, 2010
I will personally wait till prices drop at Christmas. My captivate is going super strong after installing miui. I got money, lots of it... So gonna buy unlocked! No seriously, it's because I am going out of the country mid next year for a while... Some legal issues... ;)

Sent from my cell phone. DUH

legal issues... considering your forum name is psycho I wonder... :rolleyes:

ericwalsh

Sep 21, 2010
brick
hmm alright. I need a phone.. Im trying not to spend the most amount of money because im going to buy the Nexus during christmas time, but can anyone steer me in the right direction in buying a used phone off craigslist? Price Range $100-$275

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
ive been doing that the past hour. I just dont want to find one, get it then regret buying it a day later. Im just looking for a solid phone to use for a month, maybe two.. G2 any good? how about the Aria?

Aria is old and doesn't have AWS for 3G on T-mo. G2 is good. You could always get a MyTouch 4G (not slide) or an original Galaxy S very cheaply.

Whats it matter if you're only going to use it for 1-2 months then get rid of it anyways? Get something that works and is cheap.

ericwalsh

Sep 21, 2010
brick
Aria is old and doesn't have AWS for 3G on T-mo. G2 is good. You could always get a MyTouch 4G (not slide) or an original Galaxy S very cheaply.

Whats it matter if you're only going to use it for 1-2 months then get rid of it anyways? Get something that works and is cheap.
Yea, your right.

I'm not sure about your area, but I could find Nexus S for around $200
Hmmmm..Is the nexus S worth it?

ruthlesset

Mar 26, 2010
I can relate to you. I lost my phone (Nexus One) 2 months ago. Since then I have been using my 5 year old Samsung. It works great as a phone for calls and text msgs. That's it!!! I feel so disconnected from the world without my neXus 1. Considering GS was going to come out soon, I did not want to waste any money on an temp android phone.

If I were in your place without a phone I would get the cheapest one possible.

ericwalsh

Sep 21, 2010
brick
I can relate to you. I lost my phone (Nexus One) 2 months ago. Since then I have been using my 5 year old Samsung. It works great as a phone for calls and text msgs. That's it!!! I feel so disconnected from the world without my neXus 1. Considering GS was going to come out soon, I did not want to waste any money on an temp android phone.

If I were in your place without a phone I would get the cheapest one possible.
yea, thats what i think i may do...not having a phone for 5 months is driving me insane, since i was a rooting fanatic with my vibrant and texted every day haha

Last edited:

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Does anyone know or think there will be a Black Friday sale? I read on The Verge that they will be pushing sales during this time period.

http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/1/2531155/verizon-galaxy-nexus-droid-razr-black-friday-availability

This is already being discussed in the other threads. That page shows the MARKETING push for after Black Friday, which is including the Galaxy Nexus.

That does not at all indicate when the phone will be sold. As you notice, the map shows the iPhone being marketed too, that doesn't mean the iPhone isn't on sale till then :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if you read this topic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1316800

you'll know you're in for a very long wait

but it might be worth it, depending how fan are you of stock AOS