[One SV] - change model for network identification

Search This thread

Ivory_75

Sep 4, 2013
Hello,

My carrier (SFR France) doesn't recognize the One SV, because it's not in their database.
How can i make the carrier believe the phone is another phone, like a Desire 601?

Thanks,

Ivory_75

Sep 4, 2013
Thanks for the answer. i didn't think it was that easy. However i'm not ready to root my phone. (Warranty, risks etc...)

I've manage to open, read, copy to SD card and modify with text editor, but how can i push it back (and not loose modifications after reboot)
(adb, something else? )
anyway. I've check the build.prop and found i need to change the ro.product.model= xxx
Now i just need to push it back. Could ADB or Fastboot do it ?

Any idea on how device identification works when it's not an android phone ?

Regards,

Last edited:

bataya

Apr 12, 2010
Belgrade
Well I never try to use adb without root, but I think without root you can't edit system files. Fastboot will not work. You need root or costume recovery.

Reactions: russellvone
M

Modding.MyMind

Thanks for the answer. i didn't think it was that easy. However i'm not ready to root my phone. (Warranty, risks etc...)

I've manage to open, read, copy to SD card and modify with text editor, but how can i push it back (and not loose modifications after reboot)
(adb, something else? )
anyway. I've check the build.prop and found i need to change the ro.product.model= xxx
Now i just need to push it back. Could ADB or Fastboot do it ?

Any idea on how device identification works when it's not an android phone ?

Regards,

Unless you unlock your bootloader and root then there is really nothing you can do to the build.prop file. Restrictions won't allow you to make changes.

Sent from my K2_CL using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I never try to use adb without root, but I think without root you can't edit system files. Fastboot will not work. You need root or costume recovery.