[APP] PerApp -- change a few per-app settings

Search This thread

arpruss

Jul 3, 2010
pruss.mobi
Official release is in Google Play.

PerApp is a simple open source app that lets you set a few settings for individual apps. Specifically as of 1.03:
- orientation
- volume boost (Android 2.3+)
- screen timeout time
- CPU speed [root]
- font size
- input method [root]

I have a pre-release version here, with source code in the repository.

I wrote it because there is one app that I wanted to be able to lock the screen orientation for. I knew there is an app in the Market that does that, but I didn't like a recent review of it, so I wrote my own. :)

I am sure Tasker does all of this and more, but I prefer to use a simple, small and cheap app.

Only the CPU settings use root.

Last edited:

GreenDevil69

Aug 24, 2011
Nice this is exactly what i searched :) changing the volume of one app.
i dowloadet the version PerApp003.apk start the program and after aktivating it and caling the programm again, my screen rests black and i get after +- 10sec the message: Unfortunately, PerApp has stopped.

any posibility to find a error log that can help to find the problem ?

the error coms on a Samsung Galaxy S 2 on 4.03

sorry for bad english ;)

arpruss

Jul 3, 2010
pruss.mobi
Nice this is exactly what i searched :) changing the volume of one app.
i dowloadet the version PerApp003.apk start the program and after aktivating it and caling the programm again, my screen rests black and i get after +- 10sec the message: Unfortunately, PerApp has stopped.

any posibility to find a error log that can help to find the problem ?

Yeah, install Android Log Collector, run Per App, and right after the crash go to Log Collector and email me (arpruss at gmail dot com) your log. I have yet to see private stuff in a log, but if you're really careful you can email the log to yourself first, look through it, and then forward it to me.

Reactions: hav0c

GreenDevil69

Aug 24, 2011
Yeah, install Android Log Collector, run Per App, and right after the crash go to Log Collector and email me (arpruss at gmail dot com) your log. I have yet to see private stuff in a log, but if you're really careful you can email the log to yourself first, look through it, and then forward it to me.

ok its done, hope you can find the problem :)

EDIT: Works great now on gs2 4.0.3 big thx to arpruss

Last edited:

arpruss

Jul 3, 2010
pruss.mobi
I just added:
- CPU min/max speed changing on a per app basis (needs root); you need to go to Menu | Settings to activate it, though.
- Jelly Bean support (needs root, as in JB one doesn't get the READ_LOGS permission without root; on ICS and below root is not needed).

arpruss

Jul 3, 2010
pruss.mobi
I made some UI improvements in 0.09. Now in the apps list it shows some info about how apps were customized. Moreover, if you edit defaults, you get an option to reset all apps to default in respect of one of the settings.

moyajaya

Nov 8, 2011
Great work!

I suggest separating apps that had their settings changed from the ones with the default settings or puting them on top for easy access...
A change log in the OP would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Reactions: nyloncrack

xcom923

Jul 3, 2007
Raleigh
color me impressed. I've been using tasker to do such things but I'd like it in a seperate app, especially if I can export those settings later (apply them to other phones maybe?)

2oo2

Jan 5, 2012
Does the volume boost work the other way around and can you use it on system apps? I'd really like to lower the volume of incoming facebook messages and the camera shutter since it doesn't seem to be affected by changing any sounds except for silent mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official release is in Google Play.

PerApp is a simple open source app that lets you set a few settings for individual apps. Specifically as of 1.03:
    - orientation
    - volume boost (Android 2.3+)
    - screen timeout time
    - CPU speed [root]
    - font size
    - input method [root]

I have a pre-release version here, with source code in the repository.

I wrote it because there is one app that I wanted to be able to lock the screen orientation for. I knew there is an app in the Market that does that, but I didn't like a recent review of it, so I wrote my own. :)

I am sure Tasker does all of this and more, but I prefer to use a simple, small and cheap app.

Only the CPU settings use root.
    Can you add per-app GPS setting?

Great idea!
    Can you add per-app GPS setting?
    I posted 0.06 which improves an audio boost issue.
    I just added:
    - CPU min/max speed changing on a per app basis (needs root); you need to go to Menu | Settings to activate it, though.
    - Jelly Bean support (needs root, as in JB one doesn't get the READ_LOGS permission without root; on ICS and below root is not needed).