[Q&A]★★★[TF700 KitKat 4.4.4][CROMBi-kk-R1][Sep 21]★★★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pmgnet

Jan 23, 2008
Atlanta
This is crazy

I feel like I'm about to get a new tablet with the TF700T history of terrible internal storage, my chronic need to run latest AOSP, and my frequent whining for data2sd support in CM11 which was slapped down so hard in other threads.

This ROM is what I've been waiting for since I got this tablet. I will take gladly use a ROM that is CM11 based and is slower than stock based but using my internal SD (64G chip).

Thank you, sdbags. Also, your instructions are amazing. Thanks for that.

Oh, and thank you for being an amazing ROM builder who kindly fields questions from newbs.

Reactions: lj50036

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Sorry ... should have said ... nope ... normal version of crombi-kk option.

installed again -- this time selected Hunds ...
it boots to ASUS splash page, sits for 30 seconds, reboots into TWRP.

lol @ "mounting your system like a horse"

All kernel options boot just fine for me.. Can you post a logcat as a text file for us to read.. You may post that in the dev section as it is dev related.... Thx lj

fsured

Jul 25, 2011
Is the dock fully compatible? I'll be interested in knowing if the battery drain with the dock is present.

And I'm loving that ring of fire. If only these animations played some sound. That would be kick ass.

Yes a logcat is what we need... If you have any quetions about pulling a logcat we can talk about that in the Q&A section for sure... Thx lj

If you would like to give the recovery in the download section a try that wold be great to.. Just read the FAQ in the Q&A section...

Ok, I rebooted and that seems to have fixed the issue. Do you still need a logcat? I would be using CatLog from the Play Store as I have now downloaded and installed it.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Is the dock fully compatible? I'll be interested in knowing if the battery drain with the dock is present.

And I'm loving that ring of fire. If only these animations played some sound. That would be kick ass.

Can you post your feature request in the correct tab as that will make them easy to track...

Neither of us have a dock so there is no testing that has be done... If you would like to test than you would be mentioned as testing it for us.. Thx lj

loner.

Feb 25, 2013
I am having trouble updating TWRP to _that compiled version. Using the computer adb recognizes the device but when I run fastboot commands all it says is waiting on device. I know its me, the last time I just flashed sbdags bootloader with TWRP 2.6.1. :confused:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I am having trouble updating TWRP to _that compiled version. Using the computer adb recognizes the device but when I run fastboot commands all it says is waiting on device. I know its me, the last time I just flashed sbdags bootloader with TWRP 2.6.1. :confused:

Are you booted into fastboot, bootloader screen?? If so type

Code:
fastboot devices

What is the outcome if this??

There is also a zip of @_thats recovery in the download tab that is flashable from your current recovery... If that helps any.. Thx lj

Last edited:

fsured

Jul 25, 2011
Can you post your feature request in the correct tab as that will make them easy to track...

Neither of us have a dock so there is no testing that has be done... If you would like to test than you would be mentioned as testing it for us.. Thx lj

So far the dock seems to work. Did some simple web searches to test the typing and the track pad works.

Thanks for the work in putting the rom together.

butcherbird

Apr 6, 2011
SoCal
What is your PC's OS??

Win 8.1.

I bookmarked reference sites about adb and such before I left for the evening. I would appreciate a link to the USB drivers for the TF700 - hadn't found those yet.

Will have to be a weekend thing. Looking forward to finally learning this essential skill.

Thank you!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Q&A]★★★[TF700 KitKat 4.4.4][CROMBi-kk-R1][Sep 21]★★★

Spbb9eE.png

[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

★★★[TF700 KitKat 4.4.4][CROMBi-kk-RC3][Sep 6]★★★

Click link here>>Dev Forum<<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png

Join us on irc
    freenode
    channel ##crombi-kk
    Let's all calm down a bit please :) This is mine and lj50036's rom. If he doesn't want to do it then I'll have to move onto something else - but please respect his decision if that is what he wants.

I am sorry all, was just hard at making this rom better and just sent a simple PM to a user and it blew up in my face... I am not going anywhere...

I will try to keep myself contained :D thx Josh
    It's 5.30am and I have woken up early to answer posts before I go to work. I was working on the next release from 6pm til midnight with _that and lj50036. ;)

This is the first time I have seen an argument kick off in one of my threads. I pride myself in working hard to deliver a good working ROM as well as offering friendly advice and having a bit of banter. I am saddened by what I am reading.

@loner. I have no idea what issue you are referring to or why you decided to sound off in my thread. We all have tempers and you have tickled mine. If you would like to try again at describing the issue at hand then I implore you to do so as many folk on here are more than willing to help you. All I ask is that you keep your calm and stay on topic please. If you have an issue with the level of support you feel you are receiving then please contact me over pm and we can have a friendly chat. OK? Cyber toy throwing doesn't really work. :) Hopefully you get the point and my mildly twisted sense of humour.

Now can we ALL behave ourselves please! :cyclops: :cyclops:
    Incoming - new version will be released tonight (UK Time)

This is the smoothest yet ;)

Based off cm-4.4-20140331-crombikk4.4.2-tf700t source by lj50036
    20140402 changes
    - New base from latest CM11 compiled by lj50036
    - Updated the _that cm11 kernel to _that's v9 OC variant
    - Added _thatv9 cm11 kernels for data2sd, f2fs and data2sd-f2fs into installer
    - Added _that's CM11 Keyboard dock special keys fix if _that kernel is selected
    - Added kernel tweak io_is_busy = 1 to improve touch responsiveness - thanks LuciusZen
    - Added Res Changer to installer for extra speed : 3 RES available (1920x1200, 1600x1000, 1280x800)
    - Increased the dalvikvm heap growth limit to 128MB to see if it stops out of memory errors for certain apps like news360
    - Updated CROMBi-kk bootanimation to new one by psudeke
    - Updated GApps to offcial CM11 20140105 based and then updated with latest play store versions including lib files
    - Updated GApps installer to include Google Ears
    - Updated Android Terminal Emulator to version 1.0.59
    - Updated Dolphin Browser to version 10.3.0
    - Updated Google Core Services to latest version
    - Removed Optimized Remounts from init.d as no longer needed

THIS IS THE CORRECT THREAD FOR QUESTIONS! :D
    Already tried unfortunately :). I've tried all three USB ports on the laptop I have set up for adb/fastboot using all three of our charging cables. I've rebooted the laptop and the tablet several times. I've also tried hooking it up to two different desktop PCs and one other laptop. In all cases, there is no response whatsoever when it's plugged in - not even a usb device connected noise from the PC. The tablet doesn't say anything in the notification area about being connected either. Neither devices seem to even recognize that something is plugged in at all.

Sounds like something is wrong with the device. Which kernel are you using?

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Important Announcement

Last Tuesday my wife was diagnosed with cancer. It is the most aggressive type. She has already had surgery and the cancer is spreading. She starts intensive chemotherapy on Weds next week.

So if you don't see me around much - you know why :(

There are more important things in my life right now which take priority. I will still be supporting the team in the background when I can but I don't know how frequently that will be.

Thank you for all your great support so far and to my wife - I love you and am here to get you through this! :fingers-crossed:

Darren