[Q] Google account sync error - "Sync is currently experiencing problems..."

Search This thread

hellomotox_dm

May 16, 2014
[Q] Google account sync error - "Sync is currently experiencing problems..."

Hi guys,

I'm having issues with my Google account sync.

Google Play Music is causing my account to have a sync error.

I get the error message:

Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.

And there is a sync icon with an exclamation point (!) by Google Play Music, when I press into my Google Account in Settings.

It's been like this for a few days now and I feel it's affecting my battery life, as the failed sync re-tries again and again.

Some forums have suggested disabling 2-step verification, removing the Google account and then adding it back, clearing app cache, etc.

I've done it all with no success.

For what it's worth, if I un-check the Google Play Music sync box and run the "Sync Now," sync all, their are no errors and the UI shows a successful sync icon.

I'm not sure what's going on here.

Thanks,
-Donnie

• Moto X
  • Sprint

Last edited:

EVOSerb

Jan 17, 2011
Chicago
Try removing your Google account and then add it back. That sometimes fixes it.

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sanfy007

khanv1ct

May 16, 2014
I just came across your post from a Google search and thought I would post my solution. This literally happened to me today out of nowhere(never had a problem before) and it totally stumped and frustrated me to no end. I tried cache reset, factory reset, all that bulls**t and it didn't work.

This is how I finally got sync to work:
>>login into your Google account from a web browser eg: google.com, play.google.com, wherever
>>in the upper right corner go to where it shows your profile info, click on your picture, and click Account
>>on the next screen click Security
>>where it says Account Permissions click View All
>>you have 2 choices: you can revoke access on everything you see or just extra devices. Personally, I had 4 Droid DNA's and 4 Nexus 7's listed from where I've done factory resets or ROM installs and I had to reauthorize my Google account. All I did was revoke access for the ones that said "no activity in the past 60 days". Within seconds Google Play was already auto-updating apps on my phone, I couldn't believe it.

This may not work for you but it's how I got it to work. Good luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try removing your Google account and then add it back. That sometimes fixes it.

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app