[Q] "Myself" contact and I.C.E.

Search This thread

codhunter

Nov 7, 2009
Mansfield
Hi all, the contacts entry "myself" and subsequently the I.C.E. contact entry have the incorrect phone number. I can add another number but cannot delete this incorrect number. how can I sort this out? any ideas? Thanks in advance. this is xperia z android kitkat

codhunter

Nov 7, 2009
Mansfield
Think I know how this has come about. When I got the phone, I had my number ported over from my previous provider. This mysterious number is the original number associated with the sim card, and is being automatically picked up by the phone. still don't know how I can delete it tho...

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
You cant delete them but you can edit them ;)

To change the "myself" number click on myself and then click on i button in the left up corner (guy with a pen)
And put your new number and click on DONE!
And the ICE click on ICE and click on create new and put the info you want (name&number ) and click on DONE!

Hit thanks if helped :D

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with Tapatalk

Richy99

Nov 16, 2009
its because it is linked to the sim card before porting, only way if you cant edit it is to get your provider to send you out a new sim card which will have your ported number associated with it, I have the same issue in a few apps that pick the number off the sim and put in the wrong number