Capacitive Home Button - Light Leak

Search This thread

JunKisaragi

Sep 7, 2010
Hi,

I've recently bought an HTC One V and I noticed that the LED light below the capacitive home button is leaking, even when viewed on a normal angle.

The other capacitive buttons does this as well but only at an extreme angle.

Any of you experiencing this?

TIA!

Last edited:

JunKisaragi

Sep 7, 2010
unit replaced

Hi,

I've recently bought an HTC One V and I noticed that the LED light below the capacitive home button is leaking, even when viewed on a normal angle.

TIA!

I just had my unit replaced. No more light leak below the capacitive home button.

I wanted to post images of it, but I need 8 posts to be able to do so.

Anyhow, buyers might want to check the unit first by covering the light sensor on top (to make the capacitive buttons glow).

Thanks for the views XDA people. :)

Reactions: ShAaShAy

fdlap

Mar 11, 2010
I want to make the capacitive lights bright in daylight also, how do I do that?

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
hey!

guess what? i had the same EXACT problem, except the leak under my multitask button was visible at even normal view. hopefully i'll get my device replaced by a new one tomorrow too.

what did the guys say to you btw? like what all did they ask? just keen to know! :)

thanks!

JunKisaragi

Sep 7, 2010
I want to make the capacitive lights bright in daylight also, how do I do that?

I just covered the light sensor to make the capacitive buttons glow. Not sure if there's a way to set it so that it'll stay.

hey!

guess what? i had the same EXACT problem, except the leak under my multitask button was visible at even normal view. hopefully i'll get my device replaced by a new one tomorrow too.

what did the guys say to you btw? like what all did they ask? just keen to know! :)

thanks!

I just showed them the unit. They really didn't say anything nor did they argue. Although I did struggle as the store's lights were very bright, so I had to go under a desk just to be able to show it to them (a bit awkward I have to say).

We had to compare with a new unit and it didn't have the light leak below the home button; but when I got home I noticed that it had the leak somewhere else (it looks like a hot pixel, but when you look at it, it's not really part of the screen but in between the glass and the LCD, which is weird). Will go back tomorrow for another replacement. :(

I guess if you're getting a replacement, try it immediately at a dark place / room to check for light leaks.

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
i got my unit replaced today! :D
no more defects anymore, i checked everything before getting home..
how bout you?

JunKisaragi

Sep 7, 2010
i got my unit replaced today! :D
no more defects anymore, i checked everything before getting home..
how bout you?

The store only had three units on stock.

First and second one both have light leaks, and the third one had yellow spots on the upper left part of the screen + a silvery dot inside the screen sandwiched between the glass also on the upper left corner.

I cancelled my purchase and decided to just buy again when they have sufficient stock of units without defects, or maybe once screen protectors and cases become readily available from retailers. :(

Alborotz

Apr 19, 2012
sir can I know where did you buy One V? I'll buy one this May..just in case..don't end up there:)

chrone

May 5, 2012
Surabaya
is the attached screenshot below a white leak??

the white leak is very visible on a black background at the bottom of the screen, also the top of the screen has little white leak too. :(

should i replace this one to the store?

Last edited:

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth

the white leak is very visible on a black background at the bottom of the screen, also the top of the screen has little white leak too. :(

I think that's how the theme is made :)! I have also a CM7 ICS theme and it has the same blue-white background

Reactions: chrone

Alvin1234

Jul 20, 2011
i really don't know what's with the big fuss about the light leak problem. mine has a little light leakage problem. even my samsung galaxy ace has a little light leakage problem at the home button.

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
i really don't know what's with the big fuss about the light leak problem. mine has a little light leakage problem. even my samsung galaxy ace has a little light leakage problem at the home button.
+1

I can find the light leak on mine (in the USB port) in the dark if I'm looking at the phone from beneath it. I suppose some people use their phones that way a lot! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2009
That's so the dust can get in. I think its normal. I have light leak as well in the same spots.

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    unit replaced

Hi,

TIA!

I just had my unit replaced. No more light leak below the capacitive home button.

I wanted to post images of it, but I need 8 posts to be able to do so.

Anyhow, buyers might want to check the unit first by covering the light sensor on top (to make the capacitive buttons glow).

Thanks for the views XDA people. :)

I think that's how the theme is made :)! I have also a CM7 ICS theme and it has the same blue-white background