[ANDROID] PopcornCompanion - Cast and watch Popcorn Time movies from your phone!

Which one do you prefer???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

clueless_stranger

Feb 10, 2013
New update!!! Zona, the best one yet with movies, TV shows, live TV channel streaming and songs!!!
MOD EDIT: Link removed

Sent from my C6806 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

clueless_stranger

Feb 10, 2013
Only one little problem, the app itself is in Russian but the movies are in English... If anyone is a superstar at translating app's, I'm sure this one would be appreciated my lots of people...

clueless_stranger

Feb 10, 2013
And could someone help me by giving me the instructions on how to edit the poll

clueless_stranger

Feb 10, 2013
And about Zona, nvm, the and the movies and TV shows are completely in Russian... Here the link for you people who have a pc... That's the one that is English, the movie covers are Russian but you can choose between Russian or English audio and subtitles

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I'm closing this thread for two reasons:
  1. Android Apps and Games is for developers to post their own apps and provide support. In very rare cases we allow someone who isn't the developer to make a thread if there's a great community support.
  2. The apps shared in this thread allow you to download copyrighted material (EDIT: and unlike e.g. any general browser, they're specifically made for this. ;)) This is considered warez and is strictly forbidden on XDA.

You can review the forum rules here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: THE FOLLOWING APPS ARE NOT MINE AND I AM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO WITH THEM. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

This is not my work, I'm just sharing the joy...

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/r5UYXpT.png

Currently in beta testing! Not a final product.

I've been working on this for a little while now and finally have
    something I think you all will like. The app allows for users to browse Popcorn Time movies, watch them on device, and cast them to Chromecast.

How does it work:

The movies are not actually downloaded on phone, you must have my modified Popcorn Time PC client running.
    Popcorn Time hosts a remote ui, and in turn the video file which is then played back on phone, tablet, or chromecast.

How to setup

Launch Popcorn Time PC client from mega link below

Open PopcornCompanion app

Click 3 dot menu in top right

Click settings

Enter the local IP of your PC running popcorn time (or regular IP if you port forward) How to find local IP

Download:

PC Client (Windows only atm)

Android APP (APK) or Mirror #2 for APK

Source code:

My fork of Popcorn Time: MOD EDIT: Link removed

PopcornCompanion app source coming soon!

Credits:

MichielDeMey. For fixing the Remote Control UI which this wraps around

All members who contributed to the Popcorn Time project.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a similar but more preferable app...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pc client's right MOD EDIT: Link removed

The Android app's right MOD EDIT: Link removed

A mirror just in case right MOD EDIT: Link removed

And finally, the Show Box android app just in case your too lazy to go to the website, scroll down and click the giant link...

Is right MOD EDIT: Link removed

And Flixtor, the one which is surprisingly still on the google play store...

And for a new one you just won't regret downloading called Zona which has TV shows, movies, music and live TV channels streaming:

*Warning: everything is in Russian. Only the pc one is in English but the movie covers are Russian but the audio and subtitle are in English or Russian.

Here the link to their website...

The app on the website is juste AWESOME ! You'll be hearing from me soon buddy ;) !

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
    The app is showing Copyright material. Links of such apps are considered warez and is forbidden on XDA. Mods close this thread.

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Wow, really bro? Why are you even bothering?
    The app is showing Copyright material. Links of such apps are considered warez and is forbidden on XDA. Mods close this thread.

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

I was supposed to be quoting you.