[Q] Question about TW based ROMs vs AOSP based ROMs.

Search This thread
R

rizzodg

Hey guys, I read somewhere that Touchwiz based ROMs tend to have better battery life, higher data speeds, and better reception. Is this true? I've been running AOSP ROMs pretty much since the beginning, and can't really find any TW ROMs that sound good. I also dont care about the TW features since they all seem like lazy gimmicks to me. However, if they do have better reception, speeds, and battery life, I might switch.

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
Hey guys, I read somewhere that Touchwiz based ROMs tend to have better battery life, higher data speeds, and better reception. Is this true? I've been running AOSP ROMs pretty much since the beginning, and can't really find any TW ROMs that sound good. I also dont care about the TW features since they all seem like lazy gimmicks to me. However, if they do have better reception, speeds, and battery life, I might switch.

TW has better bluetooth audio...aaaaaaaand thats about the all advantages i can think of think of.

i get hours more battery life on my AOKP rom than my wife does on her stock s3. identical reception. identical LTE. loads more rom/user options. i dont think i have to point out why millions of s3's are running an aosp-based rom. cheers

blaker13

Jun 15, 2008
TW has better bluetooth audio...aaaaaaaand thats about the all advantages i can think of think of.

i get hours more battery life on my AOKP rom than my wife does on her stock s3. identical reception. identical LTE. loads more rom/user options. i dont think i have to point out why millions of s3's are running an aosp-based rom. cheers

+1^^^^^

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

R

rizzodg

So its not true that TW based ROMs take better quality pictures than AOSP ROMs?

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX
So its not true that TW based ROMs take better quality pictures than AOSP ROMs?

I believe that picture quality is a subjective metric. Some people prefer the pics from AOSP, some from TW. Other's can't tell the difference. The different frameworks allow for different options. Honestly it is a matter of taste. My best advice is to flash to stock or another TW ROM and take some pictures. Only way you are going to know for sure. Other's experiences may very well be different than your own.

mshanewalker1

Jan 9, 2011
Truly a matter of what ya like, I use task 650 AOKP and could never loose ROM control or the extras I get with AOKP as far as camera, sound and signal being better I see it all about the same, if you can tell a difference you sir are sharper than I. As far as the battery I'm happy, but I've herd of crazy life like 7 days on TW but I don't turn anything off and use my phone a decent amount. Like already stated flash away and test for a few days to see which and report back

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361215208564.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361215208564.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 77
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361215217415.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361215217415.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 73

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
Truly a matter of what ya like, I use task 650 AOKP and could never loose ROM control or the extras I get with AOKP as far as camera, sound and signal being better I see it all about the same, if you can tell a difference you sir are sharper than I. As far as the battery I'm happy, but I've herd of crazy life like 7 days on TW but I don't turn anything off and use my phone a decent amount. Like already stated flash away and test for a few days to see which and report back

The only way anyone is getting 7 days on a single charge is with airplane mode on, all other features off and setting it on top of their fridge for a week...especially with TW

mshanewalker1

Jan 9, 2011

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
I believe that picture quality is a subjective metric. Some people prefer the pics from AOSP, some from TW. Other's can't tell the difference. The different frameworks allow for different options. Honestly it is a matter of taste. My best advice is to flash to stock or another TW ROM and take some pictures. Only way you are going to know for sure. Other's experiences may very well be different than your own.

I'm trying Task650's AOKP and I don't see too much of a downgrade in camera quality, but camcorder recordings are quite choppy. Other than that, I'd take this rom over TW any day.