[Q] Llama Root Access

Search This thread

Warthog01

Feb 17, 2012
Bristol
Hi

Ever since I rooted my GS3 I9300 I have been getting the following error message on a regular basis" "Error-Llama could not get root access in time. Check your SU settings"

Any clues on what I need to do to allow Llama to do its thing in real time?.

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
Hi

Ever since I rooted my GS3 I9300 I have been getting the following error message on a regular basis" "Error-Llama could not get root access in time. Check your SU settings"

Any clues on what I need to do to allow Llama to do its thing in real time?.

Does LIama shown as root-granted in superSU app?

hasyda9y.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
AmirTor

Not specifically (as in your screenshot). How do I add it?

BTW there are numerous instances of Llama in the SU log??

I think that @JJEgan meant- what tool did you use in order to root your device (CF-autoRoot, etc)

Anyway- is there a running app which uses root permissions other than Llama? If true- try to clean superSU log, reboot and see if Llama gets recognized by SuperSU.

if false- try to check other root apps, and if the issue stays the same- try to reflash root using newest CF-autoRoot (otherwise- reinstall Llama)

Last edited:

Warthog01

Feb 17, 2012
Bristol
I think that @JJEgan meant- what tool did you use in order to root your device (CF-autoRoot, etc)

Anyway- is there a running app which uses root permissions other than Llama? If true- try to clean superSU log, reboot and see if Llama gets recognized by SuperSU.

if false- try to check other root apps, and if the issue stays the same- try to reflash root using newest CF-autoRoot (otherwise- reinstall Llama)

OK, thanks. I've cleaned the log and rebooted. I think SU recognizes Llama--from the way the error message is worded it appears it doesn't recognize it quickly enough to trigger the action.

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
OK, thanks. I've cleaned the log and rebooted. I think SU recognizes Llama--from the way the error message is worded it appears it doesn't recognize it quickly enough to trigger the action.

Look in settings I think you can extend the time it takes for SU to recognize apps gaining root access...I'm using a rom with SU inbuilt and you can change the length of time it takes to detect not sure if the app version as that feature?

Warthog01

Feb 17, 2012
Bristol
Look in settings I think you can extend the time it takes for SU to recognize apps gaining root access...I'm using a rom with SU inbuilt and you can change the length of time it takes to detect not sure if the app version as that feature?

Thanks, Tallman

There's nothing that specifically refers to extending recognition times, but there are a couple that might apply: Re-authentication, enable during boot, Trust system user, etc--I'll give 'em a try.

commandonz

Aug 16, 2013
No, never resolved and I'm still getting the message.

I ran Llama fine on 4.2.2 stock for a year or so. When I switched to 4.4.2 WanamLite (stock less Knox) I started getting the message. I got SuperSU pro to enable logging.

My morning action turns airplane mode off, turns sync on, turns wifi on, then runs a bunch of things like facebook, email, etc to sync. I get the exclamation mark and the message at the top of the thread when this runs, or when the similar evening action runs. I'm getting the following log entries when it goes out of airplane mode (in approx these colors). Nothing in supersu says anything about delays.

settings put global airplane_mode_on 0
exit

Warning: App_process has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a security risk. Please fix.

am broadcast
a android.intent.action.AIRPLANE_MODE -e llama.sender llama -e state false
exit

Warning: App_process has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a security risk. Please fix.
Boradcasting: Intent (etc).
Broadcast completed: result=0

Last edited:

commandonz

Aug 16, 2013
Ok, I have a solution or workaround, but not a full explanation.

It seems permissions and such have changed between 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 and Llama isn't compatible, or maybe it's just not possible. The trick is to use the secure settings app, and enable the System+ Module inside it. I think I also made Secure Settings a device admin, just in case, but unsure if that's required. Then go to the compatible apps tab and click llama help for instructions.

Basically, in Llama, instead of using the built in airplane mode commands you add an action "locale plugin", then choose "secure settings", "root actions", then "airplane mode". That lets you turn it on, off, or toggle.

If you purchase secure settings pro (about $1.50, in-app purchase via google play) you get access to a shutdown and reboot command. I can't find any other way to do this - even via a shell where you can usually do it the shutdown/reboot commands don't seem to be there.

Sorted!

burnout

Nov 13, 2005
Belgique

It seems permissions and such have changed between 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 and Llama isn't compatible, or maybe it's just not possible. The trick is to use the secure settings app, and enable the System+ Module inside it. I think I also made Secure Settings a device admin, just in case, but unsure if that's required. Then go to the compatible apps tab and click llama help for instructions.

Basically, in Llama, instead of using the built in airplane mode commands you add an action "locale plugin", then choose "secure settings", "root actions", then "airplane mode". That lets you turn it on, off, or toggle.

If you purchase secure settings pro (about $1.50, in-app purchase via google play) you get access to a shutdown and reboot command. I can't find any other way to do this - even via a shell where you can usually do it the shutdown/reboot commands don't seem to be there.

Sorted!

Thanks for this solution. Works perfect !
$1.50 is really cheap for that nice app ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorted!