[Q] GPS not working

Search This thread

abdabs

Apr 20, 2012
Hi,

I experiencing problems with my gps, as it seems to not be working. Don't think it has ever actually has been working, that all my positions where retrieved trough network.

Tried the following:
- upgraded to latest OS(4.4.3),
- updated all my apps
- tested in safe mode
- reset to factory defaults.

And it still doesn't retrieve any position, which makes me concerned it is hardware related. Attached a screenshot from my gps app and version of my nexus 5 Location is set to: High Acuracy
Anyone have any tips??

Screenshot_2014-06-09-00-09-21.png

Screenshot_2014-06-09-00-03-45.png

Karolis

Jan 2, 2008
I had a similar issue with my Nexus 5. No amount of rebooting/reinstalling was helping, until I realised one corner of my phone was pried open, probably when I dropped it the day before. I pushed it back in, and all of a sugged GPS is back to normal.

So I'm afraid your problem sounds like a hardware issue. Did you drop it recently?

abdabs

Apr 20, 2012
I had a similar issue with my Nexus 5. No amount of rebooting/reinstalling was helping, until I realised one corner of my phone was pried open, probably when I dropped it the day before. I pushed it back in, and all of a sugged GPS is back to normal.

So I'm afraid your problem sounds like a hardware issue. Did you drop it recently?

Nope, Did not loose it all, it was bought dec 2013. Guess I have to return it