Car Mode issues

Search This thread

diehardbattery

Apr 23, 2011
Houston
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
First off, apologies if this is not in the correct forum, I'm not sure if this is device specific or not...
I have 2 phones. An AT&T S5 and a Samsung ATIV S Neo running Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview. The one feature I absolutely love about the Neo is the ability to read and respond to SMS over bluetooth in the 3 vehicles I own... they are:

2014 Chevrolet Impala LT with MyLink (no Nav)
2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS (with Mylink and Nav)
2012 Chevrolet Traverse (no MyLink or Nav)

On what I am guessing is the MAP part of Bluetooth, my Windows Phone works with each vehicle flawlessly to receive and respond to SMS. I can't say the same for my S5 (which by the way, is rooted, running SafeStrap, and running Alliance ROM so that I can have Car Mode, which AT&T saw fit to remove out of their version). I can only get the S5 to work correctly with the Traverse, which also happens to be the oldest vehicle. I have yet to find a 3rd party app that might be able to get around this.

It is beyond frustrating that a 2014 device such as the S5 does not work with vehicles that are relatively new in this regard. Is this true of all 2014 devices? I wish there was an easy way to find out. Most car manufacturers and even aftermarket ones don't even list any 2014 devices as being compatible with them... I know it might sound like nitpicking, but a phone (the Neo) that was released almost a full year ago works fine across all my vehicles... am I missing something here?

And yes, the new thing with Android and vehicle integration is all well and good, but probably won't be able to see that in action for what.. another year at least?