[10.30.12][TOOLS][TUTS]Let My People THEME!!![WIP]

Search This thread

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
What should the path line look like? I have adb there but now need java. I will try and reinstall java and see if it automatically puts it in the path or if I have to add it manually. I'm learning as I go and there is just so much information spread all over the place it's unreal.

I finally figured it out. Feel like an idiot sometimes, I was over-complicating the solution.

sorry i couldnt get to you sooner, glad you got it going, did you view my tutorial on the themer yet?

jaycush

Jan 17, 2013
I viewed it, will review it, for nervous at the thought of pulling my framework because not sure what that exactly means. I want not screw up as this is my everyday phone.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda app-developers app

I viewed it, will review it, for nervous at the thought of pulling my framework because not sure what that exactly means. I want not screw up as this is my everyday phone.

What ciscogee said... Just remember that when you "pull" something from your phone you are really just making a copy of it, it is still on the phone. I always keep a copy of the original framework, services.jar, whatever I am working on... That way if I make a change that causes problems I've got the good copy to send back to the phone. It can be intimidating at first, but once you've used it a couple times it is really easy. Trust me, if I can do it anyone can! :p

Reactions: jaycush

jaycush

Jan 17, 2013
Thanks to both of you, those were my biggest concerns. Does it need to be in download mode or just only when I push does it need to be in download mode? Last night it looked like it was ready to pull it and all I did was plug it in. I read more of the TUT and will read again and again and download the visuals. Hopefully I can start with ics softkeys colored #00ff0f. I love that color.

Which coincidentally there is a nice dock clock available on the play store. I use it and it is also color customizable.

If you are using the themer your phone just needs to be turned on and plugged in. Then start the themer, it should detect the phone and you will have the option to select the file you want to work with. It will "pull" the file, then you can set the options you want, clock color, soft key images, soft key mapping, etc. Then the themer will work its magic and create a new file. Then it will ask you if you want to make a CWM flashable package, which is the easiest way to get your mod onto the phone, so say yes. You then will have the option to rename the package, which I recommend you do so you can keep track of them. Then you will have the option to "push" the package to your sdcard. Do that. Unplug the phone, reboot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik, install your mod, reboot.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: jaycush

jaycush

Jan 17, 2013
That helped a lot thank you

That helped a lot thank you

Glad to help... I had to have plenty of it myself. Once you've worked with it a few times and see why things work the way they do it gets a lot easier. With ciscogee and Trailblazer's help I've pretty much got my phone set up and doing what I want, so I haven't been tinkering too much lately... Until someone comes out with the next great thing!

jaycush

Jan 17, 2013
We have success, ics blue soft keys, now to turn them green. Woohoo!

Reactions: roaddog665

jaycush

Jan 17, 2013
Here is what I'm talking about. Go Green!

Attachments

• SC20130207-185847.jpeg
    SC20130207-185847.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 14

jaycush

Jan 17, 2013
i was wondering on if it needed more explanation... Thanks, i tried to make it fun too :D

I will say this, once I got it up and running it was very simple and easy to use. I will sit there and follow your pictorial while changing my soft keys until I fully get it memorized and start learning what is actually happening. So :good: on the tut. I also downloaded paint.net and was able to alter png files (soft keys) which is where I got the green keys to match the rest of my phone. The next thing I want to be able to do is keep my settings, apps, color scheme and start making it look more like ics over all. Where is the next logical step after soft key pngs. Where do I start altering app icons and change the layout? I was using holo launcher but it just sucks too much battery and makes everything lag. Current configuration has much more zip so would rather alter what I like instead of trying to find a ready made solution.

Another question is what does the altered twlancher do and how do I install it? I need to keep learning this stuff, it's fun and interesting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would like to see everyone getting evolved with personalizing there phone to their liking. Minor theming is not hard at all (i can do it lol). But its opens a door to what can be done with alot of effort from you. We wont have this phone forever, and it is a difficult one to mod, so by starting on this one it should only get easier... right?

Im gonna be stepping back on theming and mod investigations for a few weeks, im still in process of moving and everything is getting packed soon, un packed when house is ready in couple weeks.

These are necessities for tools to start customizing your rom.
    (please correct me if any info is incorrect :D)
    Note: I run WIN764 so these main links are for windows. I will link original threads for other OS'. Also with label em.]
    [ENVIRONMENT]
    Android SDK http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    EASY TUT: HERE - just make sure you use our phones drivers

Thats the basic environment. [with go further later on]

[NEW]
    Virtuous Ten Studio [Windows Only] - Been watching its development for a long time, its finally available and creating new standards.

[APKTOOLS][must have environment set up.]
    Trailblazer101's Custom Framework Maker : Best Tool for our phone! Keeps getting better, now with apktool and Update.zip support!
    APK EASY MANAGER [OP] : NEW! Very simple UI, Decompile/Recompile apks.
    Apk Manager 5.0.2 [OP] : Great Tools, has options. [NOW APK-Multitool]
    Apk Mutli-Tool [OP] : I used this one the most for mutliple edited apks.
    Apk Changer [OP] : Best tool for editing one apk at a time, only one i use for .jars.

[THEME TOOLS]
    I.D.i.O.T : Theme DataBase [NEW FEATURES]
    Auto Theme Porter [OP] : Used to port themes [.pngs/.9s only] that have same file names, works great for froyo to froyo port. GB and ICS have to do by hand with name changes etc. This is easy way of porting images, you will still have to edit xmls.

[EDITOR TOOLS]
    7zip : Oh so essential for apks!
    Notepad++ : Needed to edit XMLs.
    To be continued....
    Future TrailBlazer101's Custom Framework Maker Tut!

Themer built in mods tut

Step 1: adb installed and in path
    Step 2: download themer and unzip
    Step 3: connect phone to pc and dbl click batch file in themer folder.
    Step 4: pull current framework (or drag framework-res.apk into batch and select M)
    Step 5: mod (x is softkeys and clock colors etc)
    Step 6: make themed apk and cwm
    Step 7: push and reboot recovery
    Step 8: flash in cwm, reboot

PicTutorial: [download zip file below for all imgs]

01.png

[/code]

Themer decompile mods
    Soon
    Oh themer won't damage phone, unless u make mods that don't work and flash via cwm

Even then it won't damage, u just have to make zips of apks u are modding for backup restore
    Theme guides

These are great guides to share, all have basics but great to cross reference for troubleshooting.

Theme Porting Guide : Generalization how-to. [Remember we dont have SystemUI.apk, So most of those systemUI xmls are in your Framework-res.apk and Twframework-res.apk]

The Ultimate Themeing Guide : Pretty much all-in-one guide.

Android Developers Guide : Android Bible. Harder to read though.

Basic .PNG changes:

Advanced .PNG changes:

Creating/Editing .9s: This one still i have not mastered.

XML Edits: [Text colors - Personalize System text - Landscape for any apk]

To be continued....
    We have success, ics blue soft keys, now to turn them green. Woohoo!