[APPS][ICS] Compilation of default AOSP Apps *Now has Browser, MMS & Email*

Search This thread

wali01x

Nov 13, 2010
Brampton, Ontario
AOSP email seems to be software related, so I've just gived a try.
Don't be so aggressive, it's not helpfull...

sorry but not being agressive but big title on the top states its i727 forum. i understand "apps" dont have signatures to what "model" of the phone but im 150% sure that i9100 has more then a handful then us if im wrong please correct me.

burgeswe

Mar 27, 2012
Edmond, OK
I'm having trouble with the AOSP email as well

First I tried to install the zip in CWM (which doesn't do anything for me for some reason)

Then I copied the files manually to /system/app and reset permissions. Then I had to wipe cache and remove the originals in Rom Manager/fix permissions

That let me open the app, so there's one good thing! But for some reason I can't get it to set up an exchange account. I'm wondering if I'm missing a step somewhere, but I set it up fine on several ICS ROMs before moving to a UCLD2 build

Edit: It seems that the ExchangeGoogle.apk wasn't working quite correctly. I'd get to the area to put in my exchange credentials, and it would FC - rinse and repeat. I decided to see if there was any difference in the Email apk's listed here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24243224&postcount=3

After deleting the ones from this thread, pushing the two apk's from the thread I linked, then fixing permissions and rebooting, I got it back up and working. I still never got the cwm zip of these apps to work correctly, so there might be something with that

Last edited:

rpr69

Dec 21, 2011
Brampton
That was my experience as well. If I manually installed the files from that link, it works, if I use the flashable one here, it didn't work. I'm trying to make my own flashable version, not having much luck so far, I keep getting an 'Error: 6'

I just noticed, the files in the flashable package in this thread are different from the ones in the link above, and the updater-script also looks a little suspect, but I can't make mine work, so take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

skyrocketeer

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 8
Sorry for sounding noob-ish, but how do you push the the browser to /system/app ?
I tried installing the apk, didn't work
I tried uninstalling the default browser via TiBu and then installing, didn't work

Help?

Edit: Solved, A reboot fixed the problem. but I would still like to know how you guys do it

Last edited:

promiseofcake

Dec 8, 2011
San Francisco
Sorry for sounding noob-ish, but how do you push the the browser to /system/app ?
I tried installing the apk, didn't work
I tried uninstalling the default browser via TiBu and then installing, didn't work

Help?

Edit: Solved, A reboot fixed the problem. but I would still like to know how you guys do it

Copy paste into /system/app using Root Explorer and change permissions to 644, reboot; adb push into /system/app and change permissions to 644, reboot; Create a flashable zip which copies to /system/app and changes permissions to 644 and reboot.

Afaik the stock SecBrowser.apk shouldn't be removed, I just added the Browser.apk to system and it hid the old icon automatically.

Reactions: skyrocketeer

SupaKid

May 11, 2010
Yo!

Could someone upload the Camera flashable, please? The link is down.

Thanks in advance!

edgex

Jan 29, 2012
San Francisco
Add /Android into the url before the unique id. I just moved them into a folder.

I'm traveling Europe and fixing all urls from my phone doesn't sound like fun.

Sent from my GSII Skyrocket

Top Liked Posts