[Kernel - Linux 3.4 Hybrid] Devil3.4_0.1.4 - Aosp&Sammy - Dualboot - 16/03

Search This thread

evo bryan

Apr 20, 2011
Mars
I also noticed last night that my phone didnt charge. Restored my custom touchwiz rom and it charged fine. Used same charger and cable both times.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

im on 4.3 touchwiz rom charging light don't turn on but it seems like it is charging slow will report back

tatoniss

Nov 20, 2008
I can confirm the charging issue. I can charge from my laptops USB port but not from a wall outlet

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

tatoniss

Nov 20, 2008
Charging works now with the latest kernel for me. Thanks!

evo bryan

Apr 20, 2011
Mars
Yes charging is working on both. Evobryan does your charge light come on? My rom is modded and dont remember if I disabled the light or the kernel did.

The light works as well if you need anything else let me know I'm always up for braking stuff lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jlmancuso

Chaz187

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 5, 2011
Orange city
Booted fine but every tome I reboot phone it goes to handsfree activation. ....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Reactions: lhc80

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Booted fine but every tome I reboot phone it goes to handsfree activation. ....

Noticed this also (on touchwiz) but only ran long enough to make sure it booted. I did not do any rebooting. Aosp ROMs don't have that issue.

Reactions: Chaz187

Chaz187

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 5, 2011
Orange city
Ya I noticed that could it be from sellinix

Yup maybe as the sprint on my lockscreen now says Samsung. ...
u6a9emaj.jpg

mrwright83

Jul 9, 2010
Flash City, Ohio
Worth a shot just noticed sensory now reports as Samsung not sprint

Can confirm that works, flash the carrier fix than rename SprintDM.apk to SprintDM.bak and haven't had the hands free activation pop up

Here's a link to the carrier fix:
https://db.tt/KnVovmog

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kernel is based off the sources of AndreiLux Perseus Kernel (alpha35).
    If you consider to thank me, please also consider to thank him http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1927852

This kernel only supports roms of android version 4.3.x (sammy and aosp) and 4.4.x!

You can dualboot any of those roms

if you were using this kernel on aosp based roms, and want to use another kernel, you need to reflash the rom, of course without any wipe, it's just to restore modified files

Features (changes compared to Perseus):
    - merges samsung open source update12
    - dual sound engine
    - compiled with linaro gcc 4.8.3
    - updated Linux Kernel base to 3.0.101
    - updated block subsystem (i/o schedulers) to linux 3.4
    - updated memory management subsystem to linux 3.4
    - partial updated kernel main system to linux 3.4 (current work in progress)
    - zram, zsmalloc and lowmemorykiller updated from 3.9
    - DevilQ cpu governor (default)
    - fiops v2 i/o scheduler
    - working for Aosp and Sammy at once (Big thx to Gokhanmoral for making this possible)
    - Portet Ezekeel's Touchwake Feature (from nexus s)
    - Oc up to 2.0 Ghz
    - Backport from Linux 3.5 smp driver parts
    - Wifi driver updated from note3
    - backported zswap from linux 3.13 (this replaces zram now)
    - backported cpu-boost driver
    - possibility to set high/low power mode for wifi when screen is off
    - LulzactiveQ cpu governor (from siyahkernel, thx again to Gokhanmoral)
    - Hotplug Cpu Governor
    - Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP
    http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_3.2#head-1c3e71416a9fdc2f59c1c251a97963f165302b6e
    - improve memcopy/memmove
    - Using Voodoo Sound and Boeffla Sound
    - LED Control by yank555-lu
    - ExFat support (thx to samsung for opensourcing the driver)

if your rom is based off PAC, Bam, Fusion, ... :
    IMPORTANT: As per notice of 01.11.2013, my CM10.2 kernels do NOT support proprietary Custom Rom frameworks anymore. So if your Custom Rom did not implement the generic framework class framework-2.jar but his own naming convention, you will receive a boot loop. Do not cry about this here but advise your Custom rom cooker to fix this. I will not change this ever again.
    The most prominent custom kernels for CM will follow the same approach (aligned between Yank555, Googy, LordBoeffla, Psndna, Temasek and me).

So please do pass this message along to your favorite ROM devs.
    If they don't fix their rom, it won't be compatible with custom kernels any more!

Kernel app http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41346443#post41346443

Dualboot Faq:
    For more detailed instructions, please take a look at this thread from RichMd (thank you for it):
    Dualboot Faq thread

Important: if you want to use this kernel for dualboot, i highly recommend flashing my recovery as well.

General information about the recovery:
    dualboot menu.
    in this menu you can:
    * create the secondary system partition (needed to be run once, if you want to install a second rom)

Install-zip menu:
    you'll notice there is a new menu, where to select what you want to flash.
    • if you select kernel, rom or recovery, the zip gets installed as it is.
    • if you select zipt to pri./sec. filesystem, it is selfexplanary
    • if you select rom to secondary fs, the zip gets modified to install to the sec. fs. IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL IT TO PRIMARY FS LATER SOME TIME, YOU NEED TO REDOWNLOAD THE FILE!
    • if you select rom to primary filesystem, it gets installed there, and you can use the same zip later again.

How to install a second rom:
    make sure you have already created ssecondary system partition! if not, go to dualboot menu and create it now (this may take some minutes)
    • The savest way is the way by using nandroids: if you don't have a nandroid already, create one now. Then just select your backup, and restore it to secondary filesystem.
      you now should already be able to boot into primary or secondary rom (which are both the same now).
      now you can install any other rom as primary.
    • if you want to install a new rom directly as secondary,
      make sure there are no spaces in the filename!,
      then just go to install zip. you'll notice there's a new menu at some point.
      in this menu you can select where you want to install, and what type of file it is.
      if you choose rom to sec. fs, your zip files itself gets modified to be installed to secondary fs. this may take a minute, because the files needs to get zipped again. Imporant: this file is permanently modified. if you think you need it later again, you should redownload it, because the modified one would always install as secondary.

installing a rom as primary, a zip to primary or zip to secondary fs, does not modify the zip.

Additional information:
    • roms coming with an aroma installer are hard to handle, as every dev can place own commands into it. It's impossible for me, to take care of every possibility. Because of this, it should be the best method, to flash a rom with aroma installer as primary one (and then move it to secondary, by using the nandroid method, if you want it to be secondary).

Many Thanks to:
    - RichMD
    - Gokhanmoral
    - Andreilux
    - DAGr8
    - simone201
    - ptmr3
    - Stratosk
    - RolloS
    - kasper_h
    - Philz (for his recovery source, although i had to implement my own touch :p)
    - all the others mentioned in the changelogs
    Hi, I think we got the HFA issue nailed down. It should be addressed on his next kernel build.
    It's chameleon not playing nice again unless you play by its rules. :cowboy:
    could someone please upload sammy 4.3 stock kernel? i want to build a seperate kernel for sprint, but i need the stock kernel for extracting some files before. thanks
    please try this one now. hopefully charging also fixed
    kernel is up :)

dualboot coming in the next days. i need to compile my recovery for you...
    @DerTeufel1980
    Hope you dont mind me posting this here but I took an existing verzion devil recovery and modified. I changed the data partition mount point to match sprints and changed all carrier info to reflect sprint so rims can now be installed.

All users of this should read all the op's instructions before trying this. You must follow correct steps before this will work properly. Hope everyone enjoys and for now the link is dropbox so get it while it lasts.

Lastly this is a zip file to be flashed through any custom recovery.

https://db.tt/Onm0gcqI

Edit: you will need to enable the selinux support under the backup/restore settings.