How is your battery life

Search This thread

Hardcore73

Dec 30, 2011
I am using my first full charge now so I cannot say yet.

Anyone have some stats yet?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

Hardcore73

Dec 30, 2011
I have 4 hours of on screen time so far and battery at 31. This thing is a beast! Phone had been on battery for 12 hours. I am going to run it till dead then charge to full again to test. Do far very happy with battery.

showstopper03

Jan 12, 2012
Really wish more reviewers compared phone battery usage better. The best site I found is gsmarena.com blog. Sadly they usually release battery results about a month after a phone releases. Would love to see how this compares to the s4.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: FreeeOnDrums

martinezma99

Nov 8, 2012
Charleston, SC
Battery life much better than S4 mainly due to screen and processors. Battery life on this phone is a strength. Previous phones include S4, LG Optimus Pro and Note 2.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: showstopper03

showstopper03

Jan 12, 2012
Battery life much better than S4 mainly due to screen and processors. Battery life on this phone is a strength. Previous phones include S4, LG Optimus Pro and Note 2.

What was your typical on screen time with s4 vs motox?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

martinezma99

Nov 8, 2012
Charleston, SC
Moto X is the only phone I've ever had where it beats 5 hours of screen time. I'm getting an hour extra of screen time. Of course, still too early to tell. On the S4 I would get close to 4 hours of screen time on average.

Reactions: showstopper03

Hayaku

May 25, 2008
Toronto
Moto X is the only phone I've ever had where it beats 5 hours of screen time. I'm getting an hour extra of screen time. Of course, still too early to tell. On the S4 I would get close to 4 hours of screen time on average.

This is full-time on wifi presumably?
If/when you are available to, can you run 1 charge on LTE only?

Hardcore73

Dec 30, 2011
I got almost 6 hours on screen time in 15 hours today. Light, medium use. Wifi was on a lot, blue tooth on, some gps, some camera. No gaming at all. Tons of YouTube videos.

Mr.Mischief

Mar 26, 2011
AUburn
Is anyone willing to turn active notifications and voice control off for a charge? I'm curious how long it will last with that stuff off.

DammitCubs

Aug 21, 2011
Love this phone btw. Between the Motorola Connect, hands free Google Now, excellent battery, and notifications we have a serious phone here.

The motorola connect, active notifications and the secured bluetooth to remove the passlock is probably the main reasons i kinda want this phone.

But ..F ATT......damn them for getting those colors exclusive.

cent_0_o

Jun 7, 2012
Houston, TX
Today is the first full day using my phone. I get up at 3:30 am. I would consider myself a moderate user even though I'm constantly on my phone checking emails etc for work. I check my news/social apps pretty constantly through out the day as well. No heavy video or gaming. It's 5:19 pm now and the phone is at 43% battery. As an average user I have to say I'm blown away by the battery. I'm coming from a galaxy s3.

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
pretty sweet

Attachments

• 1377557020244.jpg
    1377557020244.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 3,759

showstopper03

Jan 12, 2012
Today is the first full day using my phone. I get up at 3:30 am. I would consider myself a moderate user even though I'm constantly on my phone checking emails etc for work. I check my news/social apps pretty constantly through out the day as well. No heavy video or gaming. It's 5:19 pm now and the phone is at 43% battery. As an average user I have to say I'm blown away by the battery. I'm coming from a galaxy s3.

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app

what was your screen on time

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

pretty sweet

screen on time?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine has been good! Yesterday I had Data on, WiFi on, GPS on (All day), Auto Sync on, and Auto Brightness

Played Candy crush, texted a lot, made 3 phone calls, and recorded 5 minutes worth of video and these are my results!

Beats my HTC One, S4 and iPhone 5 anytime!
    Setting for Battery Life

I've read through a lot of the thread, but it was just too long!... Anways, I just want to share my settings for you folks with issues. I was able to go from 3 hours screen on time with a full day's use, to 6 hours screen on time and 36+hours of use. Here is what I did.

For my phone, the things that absolutely kill battery are, in order: NLP Wakelock (network location provider), Facebook, Instagram. These three things would keep my phone awake 50% of the total time it was on battery.

Obviously, many of us know how to Greenify Facebook and Instagram. However, we don't want to greenify Location Services (which calls NLP Wakelock) because once greenified I would have to go in an turn location services on, then off again to make it work. My recommendation is to use App Ops (an Xposed module) and then go into Location Services, and turn off ability for Location Services to "Keep phone awake".

This still allows apps to use location services, and still use the NLP when your screen is on and awake, but not when the screen is off and the phone wants to go to sleep. After I did this, NLP went from 3 hours of keep awake, to 2 minutes.

A word of caution. After I did the above, Google Now still works but Moto Assist doesn't always kick in. Moto Assist CONSTANTLY uses NLP Wakelock provider to determine when you are moving fast. It then assumes you're in a car and turns on Moto Assist. So if NLP Wakelock isn't keeping your phone awake, then it won't work as well. I don't really use Moto Assist so I can live without it.

YMMV, but for me, it's made this phone a killer phone. I go 24hours+ with 5-6 hours SOT easily. All with Active Notifications, Camera double twist, and Touchless Controls still on.
    I'm writing a battery guide for the X. Hopefully it helps. This will be my first full blog post on it. I'm nervous, not even sure how it will help anyone. Anyway it will be on ramonmcnally.com when I'm done. Mainly experiences from talking with Moto and my own testing will be in the guide.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Here they are. Also, if you're familiar with Autostarts I would suggest going through and disabling all the stuff you don't want to run without your say so. It helps a lot, though I was getting great battery life before I did that.

EDIT: DON'T FREEZE LAUNCHER UNLESS YOU HAVE ANOTHER INSTALLED
    Love this phone btw. Between the Motorola Connect, hands free Google Now, excellent battery, and notifications we have a serious phone here.