Horrendous Battery Life.

Search This thread

XzxBATTxzX

Sep 15, 2012
Frederick
So I see some people on here getting 9+ hours of screen on time on here. That is AMAZING. I know basically everything has to do the user. But I have attached some screenshots with about 30% battery left. I was wondering if anybody could help me out. Or any out of the ordinary tips.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394749623617.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394749623617.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 156
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394749632948.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394749632948.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 154
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394749640819.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394749640819.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 147

oilfighter

Nov 17, 2005
it looks like you're using your phone a lot, and should get over 4 hours of screen on time. Perhaps you can reduce your screen brightness or something, turn off GPS, location reporting etc.

BTW, theres no way anyone would get 9 hours screen on time on a note 3, with reasonable screen brightness. I average 5 hours, less if I'm using more system taxing apps.

Reactions: XzxBATTxzX

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
I assume if your on xda your rooted. My saving grace is under clocking. I use my tablet for gaming but I have about an two hours of screen on time, four hours of talk time and about an hour of maps and I'm currently sitting at 73%. Also if you don't want to run a custom rom freeze everything you'll never use and greenify everything keeping your phone awake. With light usage I can get 4 days on a charge. As soon as I get money in going to get the 10 mha battery. There is a review on xda where the guy could get 2 days of screen on time and like a day and a half of gps/map usage.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

lmike6453

Dec 17, 2010
Eagleville PA
I would start with quick things to check....disable GPS/location settings, disable Sync altogether(via status bar toggle) if you don't mind not getting your Twitter updates(see it's using 3% of battery in your screenshot), disable NFC if it's on, turn off WiFi and Bluetooth when not connected

Also check out your RED mobile data signal in your screenshot and see if you can fix that, "signal hunting" when your phone doesn't have a good data signal really hurts battery life greatly

Next I would install an app like Wakelock Detector, open it, and change the view to "Wakeup Triggers" and after your phone has lots of time with the screen off, come back to it and see what's causing your phone to "wake up" when it's trying to "sleep" when screen=off

XzxBATTxzX

Sep 15, 2012
Frederick
I assume if your on xda your rooted. My saving grace is under clocking. I use my tablet for gaming but I have about an two hours of screen on time, four hours of talk time and about an hour of maps and I'm currently sitting at 73%. Also if you don't want to run a custom rom freeze everything you'll never use and greenify everything keeping your phone awake. With light usage I can get 4 days on a charge. As soon as I get money in going to get the 10 mha battery. There is a review on xda where the guy could get 2 days of screen on time and like a day and a half of gps/map usage.

I'll definitely try this. And yup rooted running eclipse. Thanks again

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

XzxBATTxzX

Sep 15, 2012
Frederick
What do you suggest I under clock to? And what app to do so? Also what about I/o schedulers and governor. And by under clocking you mean lowering the max could rate right? Or the min too.

XzxBATTxzX

Sep 15, 2012
Frederick
Here are a few screenshots on my wakelocks after about 10 min.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394807752145.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394807752145.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 78
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394807766852.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394807766852.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 73

lmike6453

Dec 17, 2010
Eagleville PA
Here are a few screenshots on my wakelocks after about 10 min.

Wow Kik caused 4523 triggers in just 4 hours lmao, and switch that view to "wakeup triggers" is how i gauge it better, but with the view that you're on there...you can tap the name of the app for more info on what it's doing exactly like "Alarmmanager" or w/e the app is doing

Edit: also ditch Google Music if you play music from SDcard/locally like me....i use Beat instead, free app

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
I use rom toolbox pro and I under clock to 1036 mhz with cfq scheduler and interactive governor. Rom toolbox pro is great at about everything you need to do and greenify pro with xposed features help a lot

XzxBATTxzX

Sep 15, 2012
Frederick
Wow Kik caused 4523 triggers in just 4 hours lmao, and switch that view to "wakeup triggers" is how i gauge it better, but with the view that you're on there...you can tap the name of the app for more info on what it's doing exactly like "Alarmmanager" or w/e the app is doing

Edit: also ditch Google Music if you play music from SDcard/locally like me....i use Beat instead, free app

I would but I use Google play all access:( unless you have a good free music downloader to suggest.

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
I would but I use Google play all access:( unless you have a good free music downloader to suggest.

+1 for beats. I used MOG for a long while before beats bought them out. Combine that with folder mount and I can store all my music to my sd card. To bad I couldn't transfer my music from mog to beats and have not had time to re download but I had about 50 gig of music before the switch over.

here.david

Jan 6, 2009
Sonoma, CA
what happed to me

So I see some people on here getting 9+ hours of screen on time on here. That is AMAZING. I know basically everything has to do the user. But I have attached some screenshots with about 30% battery left. I was wondering if anybody could help me out. Or any out of the ordinary tips.

when I used xposed one of the items must have caused it as after I took them off the battery works fine (two days if I am carefully) charging once at night gives full day (plus) on battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it looks like you're using your phone a lot, and should get over 4 hours of screen on time. Perhaps you can reduce your screen brightness or something, turn off GPS, location reporting etc.

BTW, theres no way anyone would get 9 hours screen on time on a note 3, with reasonable screen brightness. I average 5 hours, less if I'm using more system taxing apps.
    I would start with quick things to check....disable GPS/location settings, disable Sync altogether(via status bar toggle) if you don't mind not getting your Twitter updates(see it's using 3% of battery in your screenshot), disable NFC if it's on, turn off WiFi and Bluetooth when not connected

Also check out your RED mobile data signal in your screenshot and see if you can fix that, "signal hunting" when your phone doesn't have a good data signal really hurts battery life greatly

Next I would install an app like Wakelock Detector, open it, and change the view to "Wakeup Triggers" and after your phone has lots of time with the screen off, come back to it and see what's causing your phone to "wake up" when it's trying to "sleep" when screen=off
    I use rom toolbox pro and I under clock to 1036 mhz with cfq scheduler and interactive governor. Rom toolbox pro is great at about everything you need to do and greenify pro with xposed features help a lot