Anti-Theft software for TP2

Search This thread

mirage22

May 15, 2007
Dubai
We all know the issues (time lag etc.) with the GPS on the TP2. Why a thief would put a new simcard in the phone outside. Probably he/ or she will be inside, where no GPS signal is available.

in case of Maspware guardmobile.. the moment u realised that u lost ur phone, u can send it a secret sms which will activate the software to do the things i mentioned above.
1) It can give out a loud ring... which a thief can stop... if he removes the battery..
2) be discreet.. send a secret sms to trace where the thief is running with the phone... i think u get a location update every 15 seconds...
3) call the phone - auto pick up... and threaten him.... or whatever... if u r smart.. negotiate with him to return the phone for a small price...

see.. there are ways!

julienrl

Aug 2, 2008
Ottawa
if you can find an app where the settings are set into the cab prior to instalation or associated to an XML file, once cooked roms are available you will be able to make it so when it hard resets the app is still runing; impossible to remove without flashing.

sreejithb

Jul 17, 2009
Hmmm....

Hey guys,

Great suggestions.. please keep them coming.

All the times I have lost a phone, it was either in a cab or in a food court or in a bus. and usually these are picked up by the cab drivers or cleaning aunties... So I think there is a good chance of them not knowing how to do a hard reset. Of course there is still a high chance of not getting my phone back, but if there is even a small tiny chance of getting it back using an anti-theft software, then why not??

But just curious.. I have friends using samsung omnia 2 and some using weird china brands tat are exact replica of the first omnia... they alll come with anti-theft software in their rom... how come htc doesnt do this? shudnt this be a basic thing?

Is there anyway to feedback to htc on this?

leeedge

Feb 14, 2008
My twopence worth

Hi all,

I agree with those saying that most won't do a hard reset.
I left my mobile on a coach, and I luckily had Sprite Terminator installed.
The long and short of it was that I got a text when the SIM was changed, I then rang the number of the new SIM and left a message to say they had my phone.
I think he then panicked, rang me back and offered to send it back to me.
Sprite software 1 - pikey 0