[CLONE] HDC Galaxy S4 Spark (ROM UPDATE)

Search This thread

agos123456

Feb 24, 2010
This phone is a 1:1 replica of the Samsung Galaxy S4, it has Air gestures,Air View, Smart Stay.
The phone has the same specifications to the HDC Galaxy S4 Legend, the only difference is that Legend has 2 sensors whereas Spark has only one (it cant understand if the air motion is coming from left or right) also Legend has OGS, whereas Spark dosent.

First of all there is no any ROM available for this device so we will have to improve the device ourselves ...

Lets start with S-View Cover

S-View Cover (How to get S-View working on your device like Original S4) :good:

1)Download and install S-view Hatroid from Playstore ...
2)Go to settings and set the options
3)Press start service
4)Oulaaa now you get s-view with clock and call answer like Original s4 using the proximity sensor
5)Hide s-view icon from the UI app pages

Last edited:

agos123456

Feb 24, 2010
Wrong IMEI ERROR

Wrong IMEI ERROR

You have put the sim card in the phone but you get Wrong IMEI ERROR ...

Here is the solution ... (for most MTK and rooted devices )

1)Download and install mobileucle tools
2)Open app, go to engineer mode and press engineer mode (MTK)
3)Now go to telephony , press GPRS and write 15 RANDOM numbers and press write IMEI
4) Oulaaa restart and now you get your sim card working !!

Please dont do anything else at the engineer mode !!

Fusquinha77

Aug 18, 2013
S4 bootanimation coming soon ...

I've found a way to get Samsung Bootanimation: just dial: *#3*# Restart the phone and voilà!

Other code: Engineer mode: *#364666#

(There you can enable/disable Bootlogo, change IMEI and other good stuff)

It seems that Spark is the same phone as Meso S4

Edit: HDC Galaxy S4 legend Disassembly (Spark disassembly should be the same): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2419852

OFF Topic: MTK6589 finally released. Now it´s possible to build Custom Roms for it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2338535

V21Perfcte ROM: http://rapidshare.com/files/689446892/A109_base_mula_130624.rar

Last edited:
Reactions: eldernel

agos123456

Feb 24, 2010
Very good Fusquinha77 very very good !!!

So ...

Original Samsung boot animation just dial *#3*#

Credits to Fusquinha77 :silly:

agos123456

Feb 24, 2010
of course it did.. im so excited .. Maybe we could do some more thing through engineer mode like boost audio ....PM me !

Fusquinha77

Aug 18, 2013
[CLONE] HDC Galaxy S4 Spark (Rom 2.2.9)

of course it did.. im so excited .. Maybe we could do some more thing through engineer mode like boost audio ....PM me !

You mean boost audio on calls?

If yes, you can do this: config -> my device -> audio profiles -> BesAudEnh

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Stock S4 Google Edition Camera App (cames with Android 4.3 - needs root)

1) With a File Explorer, Go to /system/app and rename Galery2.apk to Galery2.apk.old

2) Download the apk below and install it normally just clicking over it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2341943

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Original Samsung weather widget soon ported !!

That would be great!

Last edited:

-Sean-

Aug 19, 2013
burntwood
great that the Spark finally has it's own thread

just to add some info to the new thread i will say that the original Samsung Battery does fit in the spark
also original s4 s-view case fits perfectly.

Tip: if the case bulges or doesnt fit try removing the sticker off the battery and/or sandpapering the inside of your case.

any questions please ask away

Fusquinha77

Aug 18, 2013

great that the Spark finally has it's own thread

just to add some info to the new thread i will say that the original Samsung Battery does fit in the spark
also original s4 s-view case fits perfectly.

Tip: if the case bulges or doesnt fit try removing the sticker off the battery and/or sandpapering the inside of your case.

any questions please ask away

I bought a Mugen battery. Just waiting to arrive.

I'll let you know when I get it

P.S.: I bought an original S-View case, too. It fits perfectly, so as the Flip Case and S4's original screen protector.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Other good thing:

Spark's Stock ROM comes with an annoying little white window in the right of the display.

Wanna get rid of it? (Needs root)

Go to /system/app and rename SubsidiaryWindow.apk to SubsidiaryWindow.apk.old

TCHAM! Gone...

Edit:

Google Voice To Go: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18434692&postcount=5194

Edit:

Galaxy S2 Accuweather modded to seems like a 99% S4 Stock Weather: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2197011&highlight=weather+s4

Last edited:
Reactions: moulee2009

yxel

Jan 2, 2012
looks like mine a spark, android 2.2.9,engineer code now works. shame no custom rom as yet but i don't have any issues with it for the time being.
there is an update software (GT_I9500_V03,2013-08-24, SYSTEM UPDATE). i did a software update when i first had it and it did work on it but since i rooted and installed CWM it will download latest but not instal??
battery is ok,seems to charge to 100% then drop then charge again upto 100% etc.... does drop quite fast when u look at it but when u put down again the % rises a little.i installed a batt calibrator which helped a little but its ok.

agos123456

Feb 24, 2010
i have the same issue ... there is an update v14 from the fota updater, i can download it but i cant install it through CWM ...

can anyone help ...

Fusquinha77

Aug 18, 2013

i have the same issue ... there is an update v14 from the fota updater, i can download it but i cant install it through CWM ...

can anyone help ...

So as me. V14 downloads but don't install due an error

Are you able to install Google Play Services? I've got an error:

Incompatible with other applications(s) using the same shared user ID.

Don't know how can I get rid of this issue.

Last edited:

agos123456

Feb 24, 2010
ive got huge problems ,,, instead for renaming the apk file i deleted it and i installed the new one u gave me and them sucks and i canf see my pictures as well as proximity isnt working on gallery ... would you please upload somewhere the gallery.apk which is at ur system file so i can get my cam working

agos123456

Feb 24, 2010
my spark had google play installed already ... i will try tomfind the apk in the system and sent it to u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this link there is my custom rom for meso (aka spark) fully install by cwm recovery that i maked also. The ROM works like a charm, very quickly, is fully rooted zippaligned and deodexed. The ROM corrects all the problems that have the stock one:

Is based on real jelly beam 4.2.2 not faked 4.2.1 or something.
    Corrected the pin issue.
    Corrected battery drains problem.
    Corrected the phone dont chargue when is off.
    Corrected problem with google services.
    Improved WiFi and GSM/3G signal.
    Improved RAM consuming
    Sdcard changed to internal memory.
    Some settings menu words and system apps translated to spanish that there was only in english, i will make a patch to retranslate those things to english again if you are interested.
    A lot more staffs and improvements i cant remenber now.
    http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=675215

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Im working in a port of my rom for legend and is almost done, the only things that dont work for now con port is the notifications led works but is always blinking in blue too. And front camera have a green tone.
    This phone is a 1:1 replica of the Samsung Galaxy S4, it has Air gestures,Air View, Smart Stay.
    The phone has the same specifications to the HDC Galaxy S4 Legend, the only difference is that Legend has 2 sensors whereas Spark has only one (it cant understand if the air motion is coming from left or right) also Legend has OGS, whereas Spark dosent.

First of all there is no any ROM available for this device so we will have to improve the device ourselves ...

Lets start with S-View Cover

S-View Cover (How to get S-View working on your device like Original S4) :good:

1)Download and install S-view Hatroid from Playstore ...
    2)Go to settings and set the options
    3)Press start service
    4)Oulaaa now you get s-view with clock and call answer like Original s4 using the proximity sensor
    5)Hide s-view icon from the UI app pages
    *#364666# and you can select boot animation on first option, samsung logo and sound when "new bootanimation selected", second option for fake memory size and the last one for changing imei

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 4
    Hey everyone, i've managed to get the original s4 font from a s4 system dump for the "life companion" text on the lockscreen and managed to get it onto our lockscreen! :)

here's the font: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-9i740tUlBIY1VkSG9xWEE1R2M/edit?usp=sharing

replace the "kaiti.ttf" in "system/fonts" with this one (rename and set permissions)

do so at your own risk i am not responsible for any damage to your device

i have not tested on HDC Galaxy s4 Legend i have tested it on the Spark, good luck

by the way this is my first time rooting and flashing roms also is my first android :)

hit the thanks button if you feel like saying thanks :laugh:
    Didace33 how the porting it's going?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Well, The MIUI don't works the camera.
    I have another that is originary from No1 S6 and works all fine, camera, move desktop both ways with the hand, etc.

The rom have;

Weather S4
    I changed style for toggles and battery icon and signal.
    I changed the Internal SD by External, if you want to install games is better, more place, in my case 32GB.

Installation steps :
    1. Download https://mega.co.nz/#!MdtiERrT!XjD7V0vzSnA2SVHPrp9qUiEPSnVypypmWhLRHJtFIrQ
    2. Backup, with CWM before install it.
    3. Make a full wipe.
    4. Flash using CWM Recovery.
    5. When you finish installing, restarts automatically.
    6. Enjoy it.

Install the ROM under your responsibility.