Note 3 Rubbish Signal... wrong modem? help needed

Search This thread

hayat55

Sep 4, 2013
Hi, I bought my note 3 in UAE and I am using it in the UK. I am on Vodafone. I always get rubbish signal in my house. It is on "emergency calls only" nearly all the time. Also the LTE/4G has NEVER worked since I got it on launch (Sep). Whenever I turn the 4G on the H+ sign never comes up. Some people may argue that Vodafone is a rubbish network. I agree too but I think I may need to flash a different modem? My model is a SM-9005. Do I need to flash a different modem to get the 4G to work? Thanks

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.
titaniumideas.blogspot.com
Hi, I bought my note 3 in UAE and I am using it in the UK. I am on Vodafone. I always get rubbish signal in my house. It is on "emergency calls only" nearly all the time. Also the LTE/4G has NEVER worked since I got it on launch (Sep). Whenever I turn the 4G on the H+ sign never comes up. Some people may argue that Vodafone is a rubbish network. I agree too but I think I may need to flash a different modem? My model is a SM-9005. Do I need to flash a different modem to get the 4G to work? Thanks

You can actually try a different ROM or maybe a custom ROM? At the same time, reception might just be poor in your house. So you might need to make do with regular 3G or EDGE. I no for a fact that in my friend's house i ALWAYS have to switch to 2G because 3G reception is never available, I have SM-N900 tho.

hayat55

Sep 4, 2013
You can actually try a different ROM or maybe a custom ROM? At the same time, reception might just be poor in your house. So you might need to make do with regular 3G or EDGE. I no for a fact that in my friend's house i ALWAYS have to switch to 2G because 3G reception is never available, I have SM-N900 tho.

I know but when I do have good reception the 4G never works even outside as well

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

metko

Oct 1, 2010
prizren
I also noticed the note 3 doesnt have a superb signal reception... For example in my house my moms s3 and dads s4 have full bars where i on my note have one bar less than they do. Little dissapointed :(

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I also noticed the note 3 doesnt have a superb signal reception... For example in my house my moms s3 and dads s4 have full bars where i on my note have one bar less than they do. Little dissapointed :(

Check phone status in settings and compare it with the S3 and S4 - you'll see it's just the bar's that show different the dBm's are what counts. You'll see it'll be identical to the S3/4 :)

Reactions: metko

hayat55

Sep 4, 2013
Bump... can anyone help me on which modem i need to flash? I checked and the UAE note 3 supports my UK carrier LTE band. Apart from this I always get crap signal.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Didn't that trip knox?

Flashing official firmware won't trip knox

Bump... can anyone help me on which modem i need to flash? I checked and the UAE note 3 supports my UK carrier LTE band. Apart from this I always get crap signal.

The device itself has the bands. But you cannot access them by changing the modem. The N9005 supports many many bands but different MPN Codes on each device limit it to specific countries.

It's all a legal thing. Radio frequencies are controlled, unless the UAE version supports the exact same frequency that your UK carrier runs on it won't work. Upgrade to kitkat and test it.

Sent from my CM11 Kitkat powered N9005

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Check phone status in settings and compare it with the S3 and S4 - you'll see it's just the bar's that show different the dBm's are what counts. You'll see it'll be identical to the S3/4 :)