[Q] Random mms apk force close even with fresh ODIN stock or CWM ROM flash

Search This thread

jdawg334

Sep 22, 2012
Daleville AL
I have been trying to fix a recurring force closing of the stock Charge messaging app that happens at random times even after a fresh ODIN install of the stock/factory ep4d + Updates ROM or rooted Deodexed stock or Tweaked lite 1 ROM flash and I use the same ODIN and ZIP files that I've had that always worked b4. I have also had a sporadic (afaik) loss of text messages or sometimes receiving the text but no notification. The force close seems to happen randomly when I am in another app and the screen will freeze for about 2 seconds and then I get a force close usually of the mms app though the same has occurred once or twice from other apps including YouTube. This does not seem to be the problem of other apps that I later install because as the image attached shows, it starts happening even before I have set the phone up after an ODIN flash of the factory image. FWIW, the verizon 411 bloatware app always force closes also when I turn the phone on for the first time after ODIN/Stock flash. Any ideas on what could be causing this or what else I could try to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Below is 2 of the message that popped up on first boot after this last time I Odin'd back to stock- There were actually 2 mms and 1 411 app force closes within 5 minutes of startup. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Attachments

• SC20140512-180429.png
    SC20140512-180429.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 36