Can't Re-Stock Device Using ANYTHING?

Search This thread

pvsoares

Sep 3, 2010
To start off with
1. No im not Boot loader Unlocked ( i forgot to Unlock Boot loader )
2. i used to be rooted? ( not sure now? )
3. i got phone it was on 4.0.4 Stock i got OTA now its on 4.1.1 Stock with Root ( not sure any more? )
4. its AT&T US

so right now what im looking at is this

I Can Charge battery with ICON %Battery
I can access Recovery ( Slandered ) Not Custom Rooted One booo
i can access Fastboot & well that white menu by holding VOL - & VOL +
i can see it telling me Device Locked Statue 0

now what happen to get to this point was this
i wanted to change the AT&T Carrier Logo to something else i download app off internet and i was stupid to give it ROOT ACCESS.... ya i know
next thing i know poof it tells me to reboot i reboot and now i see Moto Logo then nothing but Black screen.....

i try to use RSD Lite and use the .XML.zip files all 3 of them but no luck
i try everything no luck.... im freaking out..... with no luck lol.....

can someone help with this?.....

when i try to RSD LITE it i got many errors
some forums told me to Edit 2 to 3 lines to remove a VAR or somthing it started to work bu then got stuck at Boot.img and other system.img and anohter called NON-HLOS.bin?

i try to use another file called Blur_Version.77.12.22.MB886.ATT.en.US.zip

its got some strange files in it? ..... ill upload photo but i place it on sd card and try to update it but tells me somehting about ro.build pro 4.0.4 release keys ro.build pro 4.1.1? makes no since to me?

View attachment 2802750

Last edited:

Silenus21

Oct 19, 2008
I'm helping a friend on the same situation.
Phone doesn't boot.
Stuck on M logo.
Locked bootloader.
Able to go to AP fastboot
No custom recovery.

Particularly this is my first time dealing with a motorola phone. Have flashed HTC and have owned mostly samsung phones.
But I know my way a bit on adb and fastboot.

Anyways I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know if I find something on my own.

I'll try with RSDLite, Myth tools and fastboot.
Maybe one of them will work.

Good luck.

pvsoares

Sep 3, 2010
Phone doesn't boot.
Stuck on M logo.
Locked bootloader.
No custom recovery.

Particularly this is my first time dealing with a motorola phone. Have flashed HTC and have owned mostly samsung phones.

Anyways I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know if I find something on my own.

Good luck.

from what i can tell..... RSD LITE is not gonna work.... but im sure if i get the New 4.1.1 Update zip file that u add to SD CARD and Flash update through there it will work as long as its singed. i have 4.0.4 but keeps crashing durning install telling me ro.buildprop 4.0.4 & ro.buildprop.4.1.1 so i think that i has a 4.0.4 update file when i need a 4.1.1 but unsure where to get it? ..... so mad i spent $250 bucks on this thing to have a Rouge App do this to me lol...... next time NO more root for me lol:eek:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Phone doesn't boot.
Stuck on M logo.
Locked bootloader.
No custom recovery.

Good luck.

From fastboot, I recommend unlocking the bootloader, install Philz, and flash a custom KK ROM.

Silenus21

Oct 19, 2008
Manual fastboot didn't work. Always stuck on flashing boot.img and system.img
The same happen on that step in rds lite and myth tools.
Phone said can't downgrade or something like that.
So I haven't had any luck yet.
Open to suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pvsoares

Sep 3, 2010
Manual fastboot didn't work. Always stuck on flashing boot.img and system.img
The same happen on that step in rds lite and myth tools.
Phone said can't downgrade or something like that.
So I haven't had any luck yet.
Open to suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

im just gonna sell it on Craigslist & let it be someone else issue!

pvsoares

Sep 3, 2010
News

so i went to here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=7 to just see if they added a new Update file and Poof they did.

they added: Android 4.1.1
Blur_Version.98.5.38.MB886.ATT.en.US

so i ran RSD LITE nothing fail, i edit the xml, nothing fail... i used the Mytool thing that people keep saying to use for Moto phones and Poof it worked now my phone works again and i did not has to sell it on craglist dead.... but now there is an issue that was not there before... 4 times a day i get a RED CROSS with no signal and no bars and no service telling me emergancy calls only so i do air plane mode and works again for a while? does any one know why it does this?

any way back to sell it to craglist lol.... :p

Reactions: Silenus21

Silenus21

Oct 19, 2008
Maybe have to flash a modem.

Thanks for the update, I gave the phone back to my friend but will tell him to bring it back to me to test.

Hopefully this works for that phone too.

Reactions: bylithium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    News

so i went to here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=7 to just see if they added a new Update file and Poof they did.

they added: Android 4.1.1
    Blur_Version.98.5.38.MB886.ATT.en.US

so i ran RSD LITE nothing fail, i edit the xml, nothing fail... i used the Mytool thing that people keep saying to use for Moto phones and Poof it worked now my phone works again and i did not has to sell it on craglist dead.... but now there is an issue that was not there before... 4 times a day i get a RED CROSS with no signal and no bars and no service telling me emergancy calls only so i do air plane mode and works again for a while? does any one know why it does this?

any way back to sell it to craglist lol.... :p
    Maybe have to flash a modem.

Thanks for the update, I gave the phone back to my friend but will tell him to bring it back to me to test.

Hopefully this works for that phone too.