S-ON again after AlphaRevx instructions

Search This thread

Fr3ddY303

Dec 9, 2010
3xeno Found an old copy of 3.21 and yes it did work thanks..

So now I have 0.80.0004 Telstra 2.38.841.1
No AlphaRevx. And non rooted and s-on.

I must say that the install of the Telstra rom after AlphaRevx was removed when just as it should have Gmail setup worked on first boot and HTC wallpaper are working too.Which is no big deal as their are work arounds for the Gmail setup.
Would this have worked with out AlphaRevx in the first place.???
The only thing you cant have with unrevoked is s-off but rooting the phone is no probs at all..
Think I will just stay right where the phone is at the moment and wait for some more fun to come around..

Thanks AlphaRevX for doing what HTC cannot do for the time being anyway..s-off

wildflya

Sep 29, 2010
I've got a problem:

When I enter "C:\fastboot>fastboot oem mb 9C068490 1 30" in cmd, it says:
...FAILED <command write failed <Unknown error >>

What am I doing wrong?

Fr3ddY303

Dec 9, 2010
wildflya

Things you can try.
Make sure you are using the USB cable that came with the phone.(Most Important)

Turn the phone off remove the battery wait 30sec reboot the phone then go back to fastboot usb in recovery.Also reboot computer.

Type at Command Prompt (fastboot devices) to make sure fastboot can see your phone.Should get a number plus the word fastboot something like = ht11111111 fastboot

Try different usb ports.On your computer
Unplug any hard drives you have plug into usb ports.

Also try running the fastboot command with out the usb cable in the phone you should see (waiting for device) THEN plug in the cable to the phone.

Have a look here..

http://android.modaco.com/topic/332424-23-fail/

Hope this is of some help to you..Good Luck

B

bx19

I think this will be an easy way for those who want to completely revert back to stock (from alpharevx hboot)

1. Enter the fastboot command from OP. This should allow hboot downgrade.
2. Run wildfire RUU which takes back you to stock including hboot. Better to run WWE RUU here so that it will be a standard for everyone.

I haven't checked it, but I think it should work. [correct me if I'm wrong].

Edit : This won't work (as per the corrected post below). Pls ignore this post.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Last edited:

jim-bo

Jan 5, 2011
I think this will be an easy way for those who want to completely revert back to stock (from alpharevx hboot)

1. Enter the fastboot command from OP. This should allow hboot downgrade.
2. Run wildfire RUU which takes back you to stock including hboot. Better to run WWE RUU here so that it will be a standard for everyone.

I haven't checked it, but I think it should work. [correct me if I'm wrong].

As requested, you're wrong, so I'm correcting you ;)

Updating from an RUU does not revert the HBOOT, since there is a version check in the HBOOT update code that only allows the version to roll forwards, and the AlpharevX HBOOT version is six point something (way ahead of the 1.x.x in stock).

This is the same reason why people could not go back to 0.80 from 1.01.0001 by just flashing an old RUU.

The only known way to go back at the moment is the method described, putting the phone into OEM fastboot and flashing the old version across from a PC manually.

B

bx19

Thanks for the correction.

And can the update code be changed to allow Hboot downgrade. Is it something related to "hbootpreupdate" parameter of "android-info.txt". As the phone will still be s-off I think making changes to that file will not affect the ruu process.

Just curious....

Fr3ddY303

Dec 9, 2010
jim-bo is right in what he is saying about going backward in HBoot.

After I got to Hboot 0.80.0004 with only using fastboot the fastboot command would no longer work. I would just get error massager's every time I try to use fastboot trying to get back to 1.0001 or 0.80.0007 for that matter. So it was like I was stuck on HBoot 0.80.0004

So the only way I could get back to 1.0001 is with a GOLD CARD and RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed.exe
which has Hboot 1.0001

I now have AlpharevX Beta 2 (version 0.2pre5) and running JokerDroid 4.3.1 on my A3335 phone..

Like AllThingsLinuX you have to read read and read some more.Plus use your brain doe's help.Patience is the Key word.

Last edited:

archcry

Dec 12, 2010
www.sanderkoenders.nl
Thanks man, used this to flash Hboot 0.80.....

Finally downgraded my Wildfire without voiding my warrenty :D

To bad they cannot combine all the steps I have taken into 1 programm.
Luckely I can handle such stuff very well :p

//EDIT: and my root is still intact!

~ Archcry

Dethox

Dec 29, 2010
What if i didn't use alpharev method and instead did it with Unrevoked ?
As i remember, when i first bought my wildfire it already had S-OFF so I only needed to downgrade Hboot to 0.80x by reverting back to Android 2.1.
The method from this thread does not work for me, I always get erros and the HBOOT isn't written on my device.
Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 3005899

What if i didn't use alpharev method and instead did it with Unrevoked ?
As i remember, when i first bought my wildfire it already had S-OFF so I only needed to downgrade Hboot to 0.80x by reverting back to Android 2.1.
The method from this thread does not work for me, I always get erros and the HBOOT isn't written on my device.
Any suggestions?

I guess your device was s-off'ed the xtc clip way, meaning you can't really get s-on this way. The xtc-clip gives hardware s-off while alpharev gives software s-off.

Sent from somewhere close

Dethox

Dec 29, 2010
EDIT:
Since nobody helped nor knew what to do I will show how to go Stock when your device had its hboot downgraded and rooted with the unrevoked 3 method.
-Install HTC drivers> Reboot
-Uninstall HTC Sync (not drivers )> Reboot
-Power OFF phone>Connect it to PC via its USB and Hold Power Button+Volume Down > Wait for Windows to install drivers ( if it didn't already )
-Choose Fastboot and press Power Button to go into Bootloader
-Open RUU.exe of your choice and follow the instructions
-?!?!?!!?
-Profit!
:)
****THIS IS FOR THE ONES THAT HAD THEIR S-OFF WITH HARDWARE METHOD aka XTC-CLIP*****
That's it. No need to flash any hboot drivers, the RUU ( if it is Froyo ) will upgrade the Hboot to 1.0.00.1

Note: If you had your bootloader S-OFF'ed from its factory state ( like did ) or used XTC Clip, you cannot regain S-on ( correct me if I'm wrong )
It doesn't matter anyway, atleast in my case, as Vodafone Romania only needs the official RoM installed, they don't care about the Bootloader as from what I've seen they give them with unlock Bootloaders for almost an year now ( don't have any idea why, that is how my Wildfire came even though it was brand new and I have it from august 2010 )

Last edited:

hlvadgama9

Nov 20, 2010
Mumbai
Can anyone help me out restoring my STOCK RUU ...

Stock RUU Link :: http://www.shipped-roms.com/shipped...1.25.720.1_release_161546bwou4mclajggz2mu.zip

I have Unrooted my HTC WF successfully, also restored S-ON to Hboot 1.01.0002.

But i am unable to install Stock RUU.
I tried installing the Stock RUU b4 unrooting and also after that but did not work.

My current HBOOT ver :: 1.01.0002 with S-ON
Recovery :: ClockwordMod Recovery v2.5.0.7 [for Sense]

What i want ::
1. Restore my Hboot to Stock :: 1.01.0002 with S-ON
2. Remove ClockwordMod Recovery v2.5.0.7 [currently installed]
2. Restore my Stock RUU :: OTA_Buzz_Froyo_hTC_Asia_India_2.25.720.1-1.25.720.1_release_161546bwou4mclajggz2mu.zip

Simply make it as it was Manufactured :)

All this is becoz i am facing lot of stability issues after rooting my phone.
First with AlpharevX then Revolutionary .... both did not work for me.

Thank you

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
That's the OTA Update for 1.25.720.1. First install the 1.25.720.1 EXE RUU (Available at Shipped ROMs), then you can apply that ZIP from the Stock Recovery, by renaming it as update.zip.

Reactions: hlvadgama9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For maybe some more like me that want to go back to what it use to be with the hboot S-OFF, S-ON issue.

I had my phone S-OFF with alpharevx beta. Used CM7 -stable for couple days but decided i wanted to go back to all original. I first RUU my phone with the RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed.exe file. Boot it up, made sured it runs, then did what is instructed below here;

To be able to do this you need HTC USB drivers installed. Install the HTC pakage, reboot, uninstall the HTC-

Sync software, keep the drivers! reboot PC again.

Power off your phone. Plug in your USB cable to phone. Press volume down and powerup your phone. After it

settle navigate down and choose fastboot option.

1. Unpack these files to your c:\fastboot
    2. Open up your windows command promt (WinVista/7 users rightclick choose run as Administrator)
    3. in command promt type CD\ then press enter
    4. then your should be in C:\
    5. type cd fastboot
    6. then you should now be in dir C:\fastboot
    7. Im bored to death typing, look below. Beware of each command ends with enter. After success, reboot.

C:\fastboot>fastboot oem mb 9C068490 1 30
    ... OKAY

C:\fastboot>fastboot flash hboot hboot_buzz_7225_1.01.0001.nb0
    sending 'hboot' (512 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'hboot'... OKAY

Files needed (Windows version): megaupload.com/?d=UO9L74I9
    Works perfectly for me.

* NOTE: Im not responsible for your phone if you brick/kill it. These steps worked for me!
    ok im the frist to try relocked my hboot and keeping clockwork recovery it recovery still flashes roms wipes phone still boots and rooted but if i copy anything to system it it wont let me add anything if i do all the memory on system is droped

Sent from my Blade using XDA App

The S flag is there to prevent you from damaging your phone by messing around with its system partition when the phone is on, NOT when it is off or in recovery mode!!!
    That's the OTA Update for 1.25.720.1. First install the 1.25.720.1 EXE RUU (Available at Shipped ROMs), then you can apply that ZIP from the Stock Recovery, by renaming it as update.zip.
    How to remove clockworkmod and install stock one? Im searching everywhere, but cant find anything.

There are two ways to achieve this:

1: Flash an RUU. It will restore your Stock Recovery

2: Incase you don't want to flash an RUU, download an RUU, extract its ROM.zip (Video Guide here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbfbcsvZa6E)

Once you get the ROM.zip, extract the Recovery.img file from it, then flash it via Fastboot. The procedure to do that remains the same as described in the first post, with the following changes:

- You place the recovery.img file in the folder called fastboot
    - Instead of 2 commands, you just have to use 1 command : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

This will again restore the Stock Recovery.

NOTE - Method 2 needs the AlphaRev / Revolutionary S-OFF HBoot. Incase you have removed it already, then you will have to flash the RUU.