[Q] Confused about ability to flash second recovery

Search This thread

HardOnChairs

May 13, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
This post says that any Kindle Fire HD 8.9 with software after 8.3.0 cannot have a second recovery flashed. But the top sticky on the Dev board says it's for 8.4.6 (my software). Am I missing something? Can I flash it or not? It seems to be tricky either way, but I can't tell if I am even supposed to be able to.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
This post says that any Kindle Fire HD 8.9 with software after 8.3.0 cannot have a second recovery flashed. But the top sticky on the Dev board says it's for 8.4.6 (my software). Am I missing something? Can I flash it or not? It seems to be tricky either way, but I can't tell if I am even supposed to be able to.

8.3.0 is when the exploit was patched. 8.4.6 what you need if you're firmware is 8.4.6 to do the mod so there is a match. You will use the stack override and the 7.2.3 bootloader to make sure the exploit takes place on a bootloader that had not yet been patched. Make sure to drag and drop a ROM on your SD card first just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: HardOnChairs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

8.3.0 is when the exploit was patched. 8.4.6 what you need if you're firmware is 8.4.6 to do the mod so there is a match. You will use the stack override and the 7.2.3 bootloader to make sure the exploit takes place on a bootloader that had not yet been patched. Make sure to drag and drop a ROM on your SD card first just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app