[Q] 4.4.x ROM back to stock easily?

Search This thread

mooshubob

Oct 4, 2010
Hi all,

I'm wondering what the best way to flash the stock rooted ROM would be, in terms of keeping all my settings/data? I'm currently on Houstonn's PA 4.4.2 and I'd like to get a some more battery life out of the phone if possible.

Would titanium backup + restore app data be the best method? I know that usually restoring system data is a big no-no, but is there any way to get some system data on there without having to re-do everything?

Thanks!

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
2 things. One, why does the system data matter? There's almost nothing in common between 4.4.2 AOSP and 4.2.2 LG UI, and anything useful is already synced via Google. Second, that's a big negative even if you wanted to. Unless you want to bootloop like a pro, do NOT restore system data on a different Android API version. It's a bad idea normally but especially here. I personally use TB and just restore user apps + data. :good:

mooshubob

Oct 4, 2010
2 things. One, why does the system data matter? There's almost nothing in common between 4.4.2 AOSP and 4.2.2 LG UI, and anything useful is already synced via Google. Second, that's a big negative even if you wanted to. Unless you want to bootloop like a pro, do NOT restore system data on a different Android API version. It's a bad idea normally but especially here. I personally use TB and just restore user apps + data. :good:
Thanks for the response! I was thinking system data just for the usual tedium of wifi passcodes, brightness calibration, homescreen setup, etc.