Modem modem ...?

Search This thread

xperia_88

Nov 6, 2012
Do I need to odin any new modem for KitKat (as I did with MK2 modem for 4.3) or I'll get it when I'll flash any KK ?

uscpte7

Oct 26, 2012
Confusion about modems + custom recoveries

Hi,

I have an i337m from Puerta Rico that I'm running on USA T-mobile. The radios are the initial release and I'd like to update them. I'm running Wicked V10. I've successfully (I think) done the AWS hack to get the GSM HSPA+ bands.

a) Do/Can I flash T-mobile S4 radios?

b) A little confused about flashing radios on a custom recovery. I tried flashing the MK2 radios but it obviously checked the boot loader when it failed.

Thanks for any help.

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
Hi,

I have an i337m from Puerta Rico that I'm running on USA T-mobile. The radios are the initial release and I'd like to update them. I'm running Wicked V10. I've successfully (I think) done the AWS hack to get the GSM HSPA+ bands.

b) A little confused about flashing radios on a custom recovery. I tried flashing the MK2 radios but it obviously checked the boot loader when it failed.

Thanks for any help.

I wouldn't flash a modem made for a different device, even if they are similar.

It might be that it i sokay, but you need to research the hell out of it first and make absolute sure.

Don't just take a chance and see what happens.

Reactions: uscpte7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is the best for KK? What if I'll sty with MK2?

For me, updating my modem has increased both signal reception and data speeds. You can always go back if you see a drop in performance.
    Here's the link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678774

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Roms don't include modems. You will have to Odin the radio. That's user choice on if you want to upgrade

My S4 Is Insane
    Deviant Team Member
    If you're happy with your data speeds stay where you are.

My S4 Is Insane
    Deviant Team Member
    Hi,

Thanks for any help.

I wouldn't flash a modem made for a different device, even if they are similar.

It might be that it i sokay, but you need to research the hell out of it first and make absolute sure.

Don't just take a chance and see what happens.