Realtime boot process

Search This thread

Elusivo

Oct 5, 2008
Hi

I have a dell streak and I remember a couple years ago using an app on it that removed the boot animation and replaced it with the actual list in realtime of the boot process, like apks and drivers loading, like a bios loading or a android loading on a windows phone in a dos style.

But I really cannot remember what app was that, anybody remembers?
I think it could also change to diferent boot animations, but it had this option to show the actual boot process instead of an animation...

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
There is a BIOS boot animation, but it was based upon the start process for an American Megatrends BIOS from 1993 and doesn't even come close to the Linux or Android boot processes. There is no app I know of that can do what you want, because unless I'm mistaken, no apps can be run while the bootloader and kernel are initializing. Based upon what I know regarding other devices, the kernel itself would have to be modified to display the boot commands instead of the boot animation. I know that one of the last HTC Aria ROMs had such a modified kernel, but it was also removed due to user complaints.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to say that I found the app, it's easily found under chainfire's google play apps called live logcat and live dmesg.