[Q] Changing my Verizon N3 Theme

Search This thread

Shaggy Kobain

Apr 26, 2014
Tampa
I was just curious to know if I could take the Wi-Fi and LTE indicator from one theme and add it to another? I like the indicators from Bobcats theme, but am using Blak X for my theme and its just white bars.

I did look around for answers, and couldn't find anything that seemed to match what I was asking. Any help or direction would be appreciated, and clearly I am new to this, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted anyone's time if this was asked differently and answered.

Just some guidance is all I'm looking for.

Thanks-

Last edited:

Train88

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 8, 2013
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 8
Have you ever used 7zip? You will have to do it on a computer, but you don't even have to unzip your rom or decompile the systemui.apk. Right click on the zip, choose open archive with 7zip, then navigate within the folders to systemui and simply replace the pngs. You will need to make sure they are named exactly the same though

Team BlackOut... or Back Out

Reactions: Shaggy Kobain

Shaggy Kobain

Apr 26, 2014
Tampa
Wow... nobody has answered yet? Yes, you can. They are simply png's in systemui, but it can only be used for personal uses

I've seen build prop edits that semi worked. So I should be able to pull the pngs from another system ui zip it up and flash?

Have you ever used 7zip? You will have to do it on a computer, but you don't even have to unzip your rom or decompile the systemui.apk. Right click on the zip, choose open archive with 7zip, then navigate within the folders to systemui and simply replace the pngs. You will need to make sure they are named exactly the same though

Btw, you could also use root explorer too, but I've never used it before so not sure how people go about doing it that way

Yeah, nobody answered lol.. till now. Thanks @Train88 and @neopolotin75 for your replies and guidance.

@Train88 I tried using root explorer early on and kinda fumbled stuff up in there. I did see using 7zip before and finally had the time to dl it to the pc.

@neopolotin75 I appreciate the offer, I just wanted the guidance. If you have the time, I'd appreciate it, if not no worries.

All of these themer's do so much already and produce such amazing work, I wanted to just know/learn how to do simple mods to my ROM without the burden of someone having to do it for me.

Thanks again :good:

Team BlackOut rocks BTW :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Train88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow... nobody has answered yet? Yes, you can. They are simply png's in systemui, but it can only be used for personal uses

I've seen build prop edits that semi worked. So I should be able to pull the pngs from another system ui zip it up and flash?

Btw, you could also use root explorer too, but I've never used it before so not sure how people go about doing it that way

Yeah, nobody answered lol.. till now. Thanks @Train88 and @neopolotin75 for your replies and guidance.

@Train88 I tried using root explorer early on and kinda fumbled stuff up in there. I did see using 7zip before and finally had the time to dl it to the pc.

@neopolotin75 I appreciate the offer, I just wanted the guidance. If you have the time, I'd appreciate it, if not no worries.

All of these themer's do so much already and produce such amazing work, I wanted to just know/learn how to do simple mods to my ROM without the burden of someone having to do it for me.

Thanks again :good:

Team BlackOut rocks BTW :good: