[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
attachment.php
attachment.php

Broke more windows stuff out into packages, added a bit more, gwes.exe/mui fix, updated htc volume control

http://rapidshare.com/files/185797714/DaGsKitchen-v4.rar

Now over 400MB free on a clean install with all packages unchecked :)

Attachments

• romkitchenv4-1.png
    romkitchenv4-1.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,404
  • romkitchenv4-2.png
    romkitchenv4-2.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,402

ecltech

Oct 15, 2007
HTC Black.tsk

If anyone is interested in changing to the flat black theme while cooking, place the attached .tsk file in OEM\OperatorPkg (rename "HTC Black.zip" to "HTC Black.tsk"; DO NOT UNZIP).

Make the following changes to "OEM\OperatorPkg\config_operator.txt" file:

Code:
LOCK:Enabled
TSK: \WINDOWS\HTC Black.tsk
LOCK:Disabled
EXEC:\Windows\SDAutoRun.exe

Hope it's helpful.

gravesy56

Dec 1, 2008
Hey Da_G,

I'm using your 2.05 ROM/OEM/SYS package and your latest kitchen and get a couple of errors when attempting to buildos and do some cooking.

1. I get messages saying there are duplicate registies -for HTC GPS Too, .NET 3.5, and FM Radio. I removed from the Package folder and error no longer occurs

2. I uncheck the .bat exe box below, check off the apps that want (99% of them) and then click GO.

3. It starts to build and then it states it can't find the /ROM folder and errors out and retries to build each time.

Any thoughts on what's going is it more? Possible snaphoo? I'm attempting to attach the image of the error I get but image upload doesn't always work for me.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Kitchnerr.zip
    303 KB · Views: 4

kiru

May 12, 2005
Is it possible to add the Fido/Rogers rilphone.dll to this kitchen?, if so, can someone do a quick how to.....thank!

lotion

Jun 1, 2006
Boston, MA
Hi Da_G...

Your InCall Recorder package is missing a a few files.

First of all, the in-call indicator icons (Thumb_ON.bmp, Thumb_OFF.bmp) don't appear to be showing up. Additionally, the ICR program to liste to calls doesn't seem to be there.

atsitalian

Feb 13, 2007
Hi Da_G...

Your InCall Recorder package is missing a a few files.

First of all, the in-call indicator icons (Thumb_ON.bmp, Thumb_OFF.bmp) don't appear to be showing up. Additionally, the ICR program to liste to calls doesn't seem to be there.

I noticed this as well and merely installed the in call recording cab to get the rest of the files. Unfortunately while everything "works" the volume of the person on the caller side is so low it is really unusable. Is that the way it is supposed to work? or is this because I have a Fuze and not a Touch Pro so the hardware is different?

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
gravesy56: the problem comes from trying to use my packages with another OEM/ROM/SYS, my OEM/ROM/SYS has been stripped down and the components split into packages, whereas any other donor OEM/ROM/SYS will not be split into packages. This will cause conflicts because my packages will have the same guid as packages already in the ROM, etc, etc, causing that problem.

If you remove my packages folder, you should not have a problem using the kitchen to build the rom, but then you'll have to determine which of the packages are not already in the rom and insert just those..

kiru: place the dll in \OEM\OEMDrivers, overwriting the one already there. done!

nuttsp: v5 should be fine, I rolled the GPS settings back to what it was in 2.06 (where evyone seemed to get the best response) - it'll be out after i flesh out a few more packages.

lotion: i used the in_call_recording package monx made, wasn't aware of it missing any files. can you point me in the direction of the source rom?

atsitalian: or maybe you could point me in the direction of the cab..

thanks! i've already added a few more packages since v4 :)

Last edited:

lotion

Jun 1, 2006
Boston, MA
lotion: i used the in_call_recording package monx made, wasn't aware of it missing any files. can you point me in the direction of the source rom?

I made that determination based on a comparison of Monx's package. I've flashed since then but I believe Thumb_ON.bmp and Thumb_OFF.bmp, while in Monx's package, were not on my device after cooking the rom with ICR included. I put them on but forgot and flashed another ROM before seeing if that fixed.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hmm, well i just checked my phone, and it has both Thumb_ON and Thumb_OFF, and they are both in the icr package, i just extracted monx zip and added option.xml.. maybe there's something different in the .cab?

gravesy56

Dec 1, 2008
gravesy56: the problem comes from trying to use my packages with another OEM/ROM/SYS, my OEM/ROM/SYS has been stripped down and the components split into packages, whereas any other donor OEM/ROM/SYS will not be split into packages. This will cause conflicts because my packages will have the same guid as packages already in the ROM, etc, etc, causing that problem.
Sounds from this I should use my own ROM with this Kitchen version and not yours is that correct? I was using your Beta 2.05 when I was catching this error. That package is legit though in your kitchen just what I was looking for will see about using it with other ROMs... I like the wireless home screen you use in yours... I think NATF uses it too:D

Last edited:

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
You mean the Wireless Connection Manager? It's the default Windows manager... not the HTC version. I like it because it is simpler and only has what I really need.

Also... Da_G - I know there is now a WiKi which is GREAT but it would be nice to keep an updated link to the latest Rom Kitchen and to the Wiki in the first post.

I see that each version is a full download. Isn't the purpose of having a Rom kitchen to reduce the downloads? Do you think it would be easier to provide "updates" that over write faulty or old files and install new ones? Sorta like a patch if you will?

I think a good idea would be to have a "Core Kitchen" then link the Packages individually so people can download what they need. Of course we could create "Packs" which could vary; such as "Complete Full Pack" or "Stock HTC Pack".

This would make it a lot easier to keep the packages updated especially if someone else updates a package. Then they can upload and update the Wiki without the need for you to repackage the entire build. Also providing a link to the needed tools required to convert cabs into packages would help too.

This will give you time to solely focus on the updates of the kitchen to include more functionality, leaving us to convert our favorite games and apps to packages for all to share.

norkoastal

Dec 7, 2007
Bay Area
You mean the Wireless Connection Manager? It's the default Windows manager... not the HTC version. I like it because it is simpler and only has what I really need.

Also... Da_G - I know there is now a WiKi which is GREAT but it would be nice to keep an updated link to the latest Rom Kitchen and to the Wiki in the first post.

I see that each version is a full download. Isn't the purpose of having a Rom kitchen to reduce the downloads? Do you think it would be easier to provide "updates" that over write faulty or old files and install new ones? Sorta like a patch if you will?

I think a good idea would be to have a "Core Kitchen" then link the Packages individually so people can download what they need. Of course we could create "Packs" which could vary; such as "Complete Full Pack" or "Stock HTC Pack".

This would make it a lot easier to keep the packages updated especially if someone else updates a package. Then they can upload and update the Wiki without the need for you to repackage the entire build. Also providing a link to the needed tools required to convert cabs into packages would help too.

This will give you time to solely focus on the updates of the kitchen to include more functionality, leaving us to convert our favorite games and apps to packages for all to share.

I second this idea or would think placing the version of the kitchen into the title of your thread would work good as well...

gravesy56

Dec 1, 2008
Hey Guys,

A couple of quick things for a newb from this newb:D... I'm noticing that I can't use the ATT Fuze stock ROM extracted and split with Raph Kitchen in this latest update to Da_G's kitchen can anyone else verify this? It doesn't throw the /ROM error and cook's fine but when you attempt to flash it, it hangs at the boot screen. Any thoughts?

Also I'm unable to use Da-G's ROM pack too although he explained the reasoning but any ideas of alternatives since his was so clean it was perfect I have a few other ROMs but they are pretty custom and I wanted a bit more of a shell from something although in retro I could always remove stuff from the OEM however didn't really want to toy with much of that because I'm still learning.

Stock ATT build I'm using is version 1.95.502.5 from our site I extracted from the exe file changing the file to a rar. find it here:D

Thanks!
-Gravesy

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Whatever is easier Da_G. After thinking about it, separating the packages from the actual Kitchen probably wouldn't really differ much in regards to size. I think the fact it actually comes with the various builds is what causes it to be so large.

I'm just thinking of ways to simplify the process of updating packages without having to rebuild and redownload EVERYTHING. I dunno, it's late. I'm just trying to help. Let me know if you need anything Da_G.

The Cab-OEM conversion looks complicated (more than it should). The actual instructions are buried in the middle of the OEM Package Tuturial Wiki page.

lotion

Jun 1, 2006
Boston, MA
Hmm, well i just checked my phone, and it has both Thumb_ON and Thumb_OFF, and they are both in the icr package, i just extracted monx zip and added option.xml.. maybe there's something different in the .cab?

Yeah, my apologies ... The 'thumb' bmps don't seem to be the issue. I'll look into it tomorrow and let you know if I find anything.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Sure, as soon as someone posts up a link I can get it from, i'll wrap a kitchen around it and post it.

Let's keep that to another thread though, let's call this thread the 'stable' build, i'll make another one for the kitchen wrapped around the 'bleeding edge pre-6.5 dogfood build' :)

gravesy56

Dec 1, 2008
Sounds from this I should use my own ROM with this Kitchen version and not yours is that correct? I was using your Beta 2.05 when I was catching this error. That package is legit though in your kitchen just what I was looking for will see about using it with other ROMs... I like the wireless home screen you use in yours... I think NATF uses it too:D

Da_G... is this right I shouldn't use your ROM parts with your kitchen correct? Also I had a question about the stock ATT build tried that and it locks at boot screen post-flash plus I didn't get the /ROM folder error opening buildos like I would with custom roms like your's, NATFs and Arrup's