[03/29/2008] PocketCM Keyboard 0.14 - "Free at last"

Search This thread

tene

Jun 21, 2007
Brussels
Feel free to share it with anybody. BUT PLEASE DO NOT PUBLISH BINARY ON YOUR WEBSITE, link to mine. And that includes zip, cab, OEM version, included in a ROM, hotlinking, etc...

Hi,

I've made a new SIP for Windows Mobile devices, it works quite well for me... some screenshot:

See a video of the product in action

settings04.png

pcmkeyboard1.png

More information and explaination http://www.pocketcm.com/keyboard.php

What's new in 0.14?

- Autocomplete feature (will propose to complete a word if no other suggestion can be made)
- 2 gesture support: space and backspace (slide left to right, or right to left)
- Internal change in the data structure, should be a lot faster and consume a less memory
- Bug fixes: option dialog, layout association dropped after selecting a skin, ...
- Updated some layout and dictionary

Thanks to all the people that have donated for PocketCM software, and due to the lack of free time, I've decided to remove the time limitation in PocketCM Keyboard, you can now use it for free (personal use), without any restriction in feature or timing. Of course, donations are still appreciated!

Download here: http://www.pocketcm.com/keyboard.php

Last edited:

Marshall07

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 30, 2007
L'aquila
Very excellent program!

I forward the comment I made in the Contact Manager thread:

If the keyboard background could be customizable, we can draw the "spacial" keys (\N \M \B) directly onto the background or, even better, we can create separate PNG files (with trasparency) that will be displayed over the corresponding key (so the keys layout will remain fully customizable).

Marshall

tene

Jun 21, 2007
Brussels
Very excellent program!

I forward the comment I made in the Contact Manager thread:

If the keyboard background could be customizable, we can draw the "spacial" keys (\N \M \B) directly onto the background or, even better, we can create separate PNG files (with trasparency) that will be displayed over the corresponding key (so the keys layout will remain fully customizable).

Marshall

That's the idea... next step would be to get the actual images?

200mpx

Sep 23, 2005
Moscow
Can not use it - instead of this nice keyboard I have the standard keyboard. I have a russian localized rom and it seems that the probleme is related to that fact

ksjulsen

Jun 7, 2007
This program has great potential and it is just what i have been looking for, thanks for all your hard work in all your programs, anyways my only problem is that it isn't as quick as i would like it to be, otherwise great software.

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
All I've got to say is "Bad. . . Ass. . ." lol Great job as usual Tene.

tene

Jun 21, 2007
Brussels
This program has great potential and it is just what i have been looking for, thanks for all your hard work in all your programs, anyways my only problem is that it isn't as quick as i would like it to be, otherwise great software.

What do you mean, what not fast enough? what kind of device you have?

It runs decently on my 200Mhz device.

If it's the time to suggest that seems to long, you can reduce the dictionnary size, the current one has 21887 words, you can probably get better result with let say 2000 words, I'm sure you don't use stupendous, pasteurization and extemporaneous that often ;)

vlodeck

Retired Moderator
Aug 1, 2006
classified
Tene: next version needs disabling the word suggestion. I cant use it since its replacing the polish text to english.

ksjulsen

Jun 7, 2007
What do you mean, what not fast enough? what kind of device you have?

It runs decently on my 200Mhz device.

If it's the time to suggest that seems to long, you can reduce the dictionnary size, the current one has 21887 words, you can probably get better result with let say 2000 words, I'm sure you don't use stupendous, pasteurization and extemporaneous that often ;)

Ya i think that must be it thanks for da quick reply

ksjulsen

Jun 7, 2007
its a bit faster when i delete the french dictionary and stuff, but maybe in future releases you could have an option to completely turn off the suggestion bar, just an idea

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
How do you edit the dictionary?.

Edit. Nevermind, I'm a tool.

Last edited:

bull_do3er

Feb 23, 2006
I love this but I have to agree about killing the word suggestion. I tried to type the name Lisa and it kept changing it to kiss, it was really annoying.

great apps, tene. been trying to find something where i can use a finger. t9 takes half the screen and is not ideal. just need some nice skin to go along with it. :)

bull_do3er

Feb 23, 2006
when typing SMS in PocketCM, the PCMKeyboard suggestion box blocks the view of the message i am typing. :(

I would suggest that the suggestion box be setup horizontally and be part of the keyboard. This will avoid this issue. Liked the scrolling in the suggestion box, horizontal scrolling will be nice! :)

just my wish list! ;)

dormido

Mar 26, 2006
Montgomery
Great job on this app! However, is there any way for a 3rd party SIP to parse the built in dictionary? Oh yeah, and allow us to disable the word suggestion.