[Q] No network after successful Root?

Search This thread

x5starguerillaa

Oct 26, 2010
Blackburn
Ok folks,

Forgive me if this is a panic post!
I successfully rooted my note this morning, I was on LA6 firmware, Downgraded and rooted without any problems.
I noticed that I only had "emergency calls only" after the reboot, so went into mobile network settings and managed to get a signal on my network (3uk) although it dropped again when I rebooted again?

Right after the Rooting was done, I backed up my EFS folder as stated is best practice, then backed up the stock rom.

I thought that maybe the old baseband version was giving me the issues (I presume the notes modem is similar to the HTC radio?) so I went ahead and gave Checkrom NoteHD V6 a shot. It all installed fine and as it should but I still have the no network issue. I dont think it corrupted the efs system as I can still use wifi and my IMEI number is still there.

Any ideas for a new note owner?

Edit:
-----------
I did make note that I was on Baseband XXLA4 before rooting or flashing anything, is it safe to go ahead and flash it from the modems thread via CWM? Should this help?
any pointers if doing so?

Last edited:

matius44

Feb 24, 2011
Sunderland
Ok folks,

Forgive me if this is a panic post!
I successfully rooted my note this morning, I was on LA6 firmware, Downgraded and rooted without any problems.
I noticed that I only had "emergency calls only" after the reboot, so went into mobile network settings and managed to get a signal on my network (3uk) although it dropped again when I rebooted again?

Right after the Rooting was done, I backed up my EFS folder as stated is best practice, then backed up the stock rom.

I thought that maybe the old baseband version was giving me the issues (I presume the notes modem is similar to the HTC radio?) so I went ahead and gave Checkrom NoteHD V6 a shot. It all installed fine and as it should but I still have the no network issue. I dont think it corrupted the efs system as I can still use wifi and my IMEI number is still there.

Any ideas for a new note owner?

You may have already tried this but are your APN settings correct?

They may change or get deleted between ROM flashes

Also what modem do you have and baseband in the about phone menu right now?

x5starguerillaa

Oct 26, 2010
Blackburn
Wow, that was quick!

My APN settings all seem fine. The preset for three.co.uk were still there and the settings inside seem intact.
Im currently running baseband XXLB2.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

x5starguerillaa

Oct 26, 2010
Blackburn
As ive put in the edit to the OP, is it safe to try to flash back to the XXLA4 modem? If all else fails that is?

thehackersz

Jun 6, 2010
In Heaven
First thing first...

- do the hard reset Vol Up + Menu + Power *or* CWM Wipe everything. Reboot...
- Still no go, go and download different radio HERE and flash it

x5starguerillaa

Oct 26, 2010
Blackburn
First thing first...

- do the hard reset Vol Up + Menu + Power *or* CWM Wipe everything. Reboot...
- Still no go, go and download different radio HERE and flash it

Ok, followed your advice. Hard reset hasnt improved it.

So went ahead and flashed XXLA4 (my original modem) - Nothing,
Just tried the KL1 modem -Nothing! GRRRRR!

Maybe I will try to go back to stock, I was on the LA6 firmware, See if that works.

thehackersz

Jun 6, 2010
In Heaven
sorry m8, couldn't help much...
is that phone carrier locked?

i suggest, flash CheckRoom v6 (the most professional stock look-alike rom). If the problem still there, try flash another radio. After that if still no go... try CM9/AOSP ICS

Reactions: x5starguerillaa

x5starguerillaa

Oct 26, 2010
Blackburn
sorry m8, couldn't help much...
is that phone carrier locked?

i suggest, flash CheckRoom v6 (the most professional stock look-alike rom). If the problem still there, try flash another radio. After that if still no go... try CM9/AOSP ICS

No, no carrier lock, no branding, no nothing!
Just been racking my brains, after refering to a video link posted in the how to root galaxy note thread, I see a chap called cursed4eva created a video using ODDKL1 as the downgrade to root method. Just checked on samfirmware.com and that is Indian firmware, could this cause my network issue?
Im in the process of downloading the lastest Uk firmware now.
If it was the case that this indian firmware was causing the issue, wouldnt flashing checkrom fix it? I didnt seem to for me?

Anyway, rooting around on the samfirmware pages, ive found a directly rootable firmware package (KK3) that was a carphone warehouse UK one.
If I get network back from the latest firmware, im going to downgrade to the above mentioned carphone warehouse package, Root, and try again.

I will post back some results ASAP.

Last edited:

thehackersz

Jun 6, 2010
In Heaven
you can flash any rom, but the main problem is the radio. different country got different radio.

Below is the latest firmware for Galaxy Note in the UK

United Kingdom (Carphone Warehouse)
Last modified: 2012-03-07
Latest firmware: N7000XXLC1/N7000CPWLB2/N7000XXLB2/N7000XXLC1
File name: GT-N7000_CPW_1_20120307151503.zip.enc2
Version: Android 2.3.6

United Kingdom/Ireland
Last modified: 2012-02-03
Latest firmware: N7000XXLA6/N7000XEULA1/N7000XXLA4/N7000XXLA6
File name: GT-N7000_XEU_1_20120203162726.zip.enc2
Version:Android 2.3.6

Reactions: x5starguerillaa

x5starguerillaa

Oct 26, 2010
Blackburn
you can flash any rom, but the main problem is the radio. different country got different radio.

Below is the latest firmware for Galaxy Note in the UK

United Kingdom (Carphone Warehouse)
Last modified: 2012-03-07
Latest firmware: N7000XXLC1/N7000CPWLB2/N7000XXLB2/N7000XXLC1
File name: GT-N7000_CPW_1_20120307151503.zip.enc2
Version: Android 2.3.6

United Kingdom/Ireland
Last modified: 2012-02-03
Latest firmware: N7000XXLA6/N7000XEULA1/N7000XXLA4/N7000XXLA6
File name: GT-N7000_XEU_1_20120203162726.zip.enc2
Version:Android 2.3.6

I hate to be a pain, but please could you throw me a link to these, they may come in helpful as my carrier wants me to send the phone to them for repair. I dont really want to do that. Their turn around can be horrendous!

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

x5starguerillaa

Oct 26, 2010
Blackburn
Thanks for that.
The latest uk and ireland has seemed to work! I have mobile network back! Yessssss!
Although no root........ As yet.

Back to reading up on the threads.......

Edit.
---------------------------------------------

Flashed this via Odin: N7000XXKKA_N7000CPWKK3_CPW
Ran Zergrush, all rooted ok and network all in working order.
Efs backed up, stock rom CWM backup done!

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts