HTC evo 4g lte vs Hox

Search This thread

rambo8987

May 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Which is a better package deal? Sprints data services blows if not in a 4g area or WiFi, but their variant of the one x seems to be what at&ts model should of been, plus it adds goodies we don't have
Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

fielddb

Dec 6, 2011
York
It seems like you should get what works better in your area for coverage. It's all preference. But I can tell you that this phone is the best one on the market as of right now.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Ddot196

May 7, 2011
I love this phone. Blazing fast. And it is gorgeous. I saw the new evo lte and it looks hideous. Sorry but I can't stand having an ugly phone lol. Just my personal preference. Now do I wish we had an sd card? Absolutely.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jklitten

Dec 17, 2011
Sprint's flavor is definitely a better phone. Are you okay with their coverage? Do you prefer the looks of one over the other?

huludical

Feb 14, 2011
Cypress, CA
I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now because I'm getting the new evo and the phones are almost a mirror image in specs. The phone looks fine for me. The expandable storage, extra 200 mah in battery, dedicated camera button :) and kickstands make it very attractive compared to the att version. I do agree that the phone does not look as good though.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

rambo8987

May 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Lol I do admit the design is no where near as sexy as our hox, I haven't been able to put this thing down lol, coverage is fine in my area, I'm just waiting to see the evo in person, my decision is weighing on what I pay a month, at&t tries to rob u if you let em lol

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
One X pros: overall design, data speeds / coverage (depends on area)

EVO LTE pros: Bigger and removable battery, sd card support, kickstand (yes, its a pro trust me)

Sent from my HTC One X

Raadius

Mar 31, 2010
Los Angeles
www.thekillermeteor.com
I left Sprint knowing all of this.

I have a One X now.

The design was a MAJOR turn off. It's a slap in the face compare to the One X.

Bigger battery didnt mean anything because the One X gets incredible life. Removable SD means nothing because I never removed the one from my Evo 4G. Kickstand is a gimmick, I never used mine. HD Voice only works if you have Sprint and Evo 4G LTE (or capable phone). None of my friends have Sprint, I was the only one, lol, smh. All my friends mix up between AT&T, Tmobile and Verizon.

Oh yeah, having 4G LTE up and running > Sprints waiting game

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
it has a bigger battery because it's going to need it on that CDMA network versus GSM. batteries are typically bigger due to fast drain because of that network. i was a Sprint customer for one year... their service is pretty horrid in my area in comparison to AT&T.

huludical

Feb 14, 2011
Cypress, CA
I left Sprint knowing all of this.

I have a One X now.

The design was a MAJOR turn off. It's a slap in the face compare to the One X.

Bigger battery didnt mean anything because the One X gets incredible life. Removable SD means nothing because I never removed the one from my Evo 4G. Kickstand is a gimmick, I never used mine. HD Voice only works if you have Sprint and Evo 4G LTE (or capable phone). None of my friends have Sprint, I was the only one, lol, smh. All my friends mix up between AT&T, Tmobile and Verizon.

Oh yeah, having 4G LTE up and running > Sprints waiting game

The kickstand is definitely not a gimmick. It depends on how you use your phone. I have a sling box so I used the kickstand ALL the time when streaming TV.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bigjim1488

Feb 19, 2008
New York
Sprint's network is total garbage where I am at. You couldn't pay me to go back. My sub 1mbps speeds with sprint were unacceptable

SoFLO.

Jun 13, 2010
Miami
I'm facing the same decision and I'm leaning towards going with AT&T and the One X for reasons already mentioned in this thread. I can't deal with Sprint's network. I'll choose AT&T's HSPA+/LTE combo everyday over what Sprint has (and AT&T's greater coverage area).

I'll voice my support for the kickstand however. It has been quite useful on my EVO 4G.

Reactions: huludical

hondarider525

Jul 17, 2008
Its all about coverage, I would consider that the single most important thing. For example Im from South Florida, an area with excellent coverage on all services. That being said, a few months ago I switched from sprint to ATT. Sprint data speeds are so slow compared to ATT, and are much less reliable. Sometimes I would get just as quick speeds, but they would jump all the time depending on the area. Google music was useless for me on sprint, because sprint couldnt even stream my songs quick enough for them to play without buffering. That and the fact that my family plan is cheaper on ATT made it a no brainer.

ATT is a much better service, even when you think you have full service on sprint. I wouldn't switch for such negligible differences between phones, unless the storage is really just unacceptable. Dedicated camera is nice, but this thing takes pictures so quick that shake is rarely an issue. And as was said, the battery difference won't be noticeable.

huludical

Feb 14, 2011
Cypress, CA
Sprint is going to roll out LTE and better 3g soon. Hopefully they don't let me down like they did with wimax. If it does go well I will have unlimited LTE data :)

Reactions: rambo8987

rambo8987

May 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No doubt the one x is sexy!!!! I just wish at&t didn't tamper with it like they did. Lol they gave us less storage space so we'd be force to use cloud and and streaming sources, to go over our data...lol making more money for them

Bigjim1488

Feb 19, 2008
New York
Sprint is going to roll out LTE and better 3g soon. Hopefully they don't let me down like they did with wimax. If it does go well I will have unlimited LTE data :)

And the end of the world is coming too but no one knows when. I bet sprint won't have their Lte going till mid to end of 2013. I'll switch over then if it's everything they say it will be. Why torture myself so early?

tom_m

Jun 7, 2007
Palo Alto
Honestly. This is the way I see it... I'm not looking at the specs of the phone. Both are great and really comparable.

The biggest issue I think, most people are ignoring, is the LTE. On my EVO I'm getting like 8.5Mbps on WiMax. Not bad! I like it. However. I wouldn't get that speed with the EVO 4G LTE on Sprint (fallback is to 3G not the WiMax). So this phone is actually a downgrade in speed. Personally, I have an issue with this. 2 years later and I'm getting a phone that's going to load web pages slower? Me thinks not.

The real problem is how long it will take Sprint to get the LTE coverage. IF you are in an area with it for the first set of cities they are rolling it out to...Then fine. You're in good shape. Otherwise, unless you're not eligible for an upgrade for a year or something...You're in a bad spot (like me). If you go ahead and upgrade now, the phone you get will be half out of it's life cycle by the time you get LTE. If not completely out. You certainly will be eligible for a new phone upgrade - let's put it that way. That being the case, you didn't get a One X/EVO 4G LTE, you just got a One X/EVO 3G.

IF speed is not a concern for you then you will be looking at differences in the phone...But something tells me that's a very small percentage of users. I love Sprint, but hate to say it... AT&T is likely going to win on this one and again as mentioned, I joined my wife and the family plan is a little cheaper now for me compared to Sprint.

Oh and another gripe I have. $99/mo for unlimited everything....EXCEPT the fine print where it says you also have to pay $10/mo for a "premium" device. I think Sprint should waive this $10/mo fee for the EVO 4G LTE given that you aren't going to be able to use the 4G on it.

edit -- and now I get 25-30Mbps. So 8-10Mbps or whatever to 20-30Mbps is definitely something I would think 2 years worth of technology advances should get me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sprint seems to always have a great device...
    just no coverage area :D

sent from a Android device :)
    I'm always on!
    I'm facing the same decision and I'm leaning towards going with AT&T and the One X for reasons already mentioned in this thread. I can't deal with Sprint's network. I'll choose AT&T's HSPA+/LTE combo everyday over what Sprint has (and AT&T's greater coverage area).

I'll voice my support for the kickstand however. It has been quite useful on my EVO 4G.