Ask & Ye Shall Receive? Yep. $199. ATT (P)

Search This thread

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
Does anyone know if that can be done a) for a business account and b) without credit but paying a lower price ($199) upfront? If my company gets the discount I don't save anything!

I'm on a business account & the discount depends on the CS Rep. Some have mentioned they got the upfront cost while others got a credit. So basically, YMVW.

Reactions: funnycreature

funnycreature

I'm on a business account & the discount depends on the CS Rep. Some have mentioned they got the upfront cost while others got a credit. So basically, YMVW.

Thanks! I guess I can try to use this as leverage to get a [full-price] early upgrade since I got a new phone ~8 months ago already... Do you have any suggestions for this case too?

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
OP you are my new hero now LOL.

Following your lead, I called AT&T and talked to a super nice girl who told me the $100 discount is for new customer only (she did try very hard to research and look for promotions for me before she came up with that conclusion). So I asked to speak to her supervisor, and it turned out to be another super nice person. She first didn't want to honor the request but then somehow changed her mind and said she could slash $100 plus tax but not the $36 upgrade fee. After she's done with that, I asked her again to consider removing the $36 activation fee, and she agreed! She said it's because I am a long time customer, just the opposite of what the previous girl said LOL. Those are credited right into my AT&T bill. It did take me almost 50 minutes on the phone to achieve this LOL, but for $142+ I think it's worth it.

nmcgrawj

Sep 4, 2010
No luck yet. They keep clarifying it is for 2 phones only.

What wording are you guys using to get the discount? He said people keep calling in trying to get it lol. Maybe I'm too late.

Well probably just purchase tomorrow in the store.

mikdugal1

Jul 1, 2009

What wording are you guys using to get the discount? He said people keep calling in trying to get it lol. Maybe I'm too late.

i just got mine. i kept playing stupid.. the offer doesn't state persay that you need to buy two devices.. it does get at it a little.. play stupid and keep calling

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
just keep trying until you find the CS that will give you the discount..or ask them to connect you to one of their supervisors. They usually have more resources. Good luck!

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
Thanks! I guess I can try to use this as leverage to get a [full-price] early upgrade since I got a new phone ~8 months ago already... Do you have any suggestions for this case too?

Since you upgraded 8 months ago, I'm really not sure if you can get the same price as with a new 2 yr contract. Only suggestions are the typical be nice, courteous, compliment & continuously thank them for helping you. Crack funny jokes. Getting them in a funny mood does wonders.

just incase you meant phone case, then here's the one I ordered last night

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/productdetail.asp?productid=31529

jinfinitek

Nov 9, 2012
first timer here. switching from using ios for 4+ years to android.

first went into 2 att stores asking about $100 deal that's been going around and all store clerks told me there's no such deal but i'll get $100 off if i buy 2 samsung cell phones. one of the clerks even showed me his att branded note 2 saying he even paid $300 for it.

so i get onto att premier cs rep and when i mentioned that my friends have been getting the note 2 with $100 off and their upgrade fee waivered, he had no problem with selling me the note 2 for $199.99 and no upgrade fee and overnight shipping!

so don't give up and hopefully you guys will get on the line with a rep who'll be willing to work with you. good luck!

halfman21

Jul 7, 2011
What number are you guys calling because I keep getting someone from India who keeps reading scripts?

Last edited:

themyst

Oct 21, 2008
I saw a 25% smartphone sale from best buy / eBay so I called into AT&T and they just gave me $75 off my bill. Not the $100 some of you got, but I'll take it. First thing I ever got from AT&T in 3 years.

Nov 8, 2012
Dallas, TX
Score!!! after 1 hour and 3 CS rep's finally pushed for a manager and presto, $100 credit applied to my account. I had already pre-ordered and my Note II has shipped and charged my CC.

after my BB Torch trade-in to Samsung of $125 (only cost .01 cents 2 years ago), upgrade fee waiver, this $100 credit, I net a total final cost of $80.11 after tax :cool:

Thanks.

Last edited:

T-$hep

Sep 16, 2006
Scored finally after 1 hour 15 min on the phone with 5 transfers, I finally get to the manager who can override the price from $299 to $199 with free shipping. Somehow I can't not manage the get $36 waived right now cause she can't find it on my FAN#. That's a little bit weird but I can have it credit back via online chat later.

Attachments

• noteii_order_11_08_2012.jpg
    noteii_order_11_08_2012.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 364

Darkeyce

Jan 17, 2007
Got mine!
$199, free overnight (but it's Thursday night so wont ship until Friday at best, I don't think i'll get it until Monday :( ) and no activation!
$218 total with tax.

3 reps, first was the regular CS number, nice lady but transferred me to an endless voice response loop, 2nd call was a "bubbly" young thing that told me i could only order online and transferred me to online support (which was closed), third rep was guy name Josh, i explained I had tried twice before to order this thing, pointed him to the txt on the web page and that I was counting on him...he came through, took the order and cc info over the phone.

I'll cal that a win.:good:

shb8

Apr 6, 2011
I also get the $100 off after talking to 5 rep and only the last rep was helpful enough to do and ask the supervisor... he was able to get it down to 249 but I insist I want $199. ,then I ask to be connected to his supervisor... and after 40 min phone call I got the $100 + upgrade fee waive !

Thanks OP !

AjV510

Nov 9, 2012
AT&T is AWESOME!!!!

Called AT&T and got a $25 inconvenience credit and $39.96 credit to get a GoPhone when my replacement phone didnt work. To make a long story short, I never went and bought a GoPhone. I just called back 2 days later and got the Note 2 for absolutely free. Free overnight shipping, free activation, free everything. Didnt even have to pay taxes. I am very surprise and pleased with AT&T. AT&T reps suck sometimes, but I guess I was lucky when i called in the last 2 times. YeeYee
-AjV510

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATT (P) - $199.99 / Signed, Sealed...Almost delivered.
    Ya'll know the 411

Same ol..Same ol...
    Be Nice...Find an agent that will try to help you possibly save $100 bux since (P) customers can not go outside the ATT box to purchase devices..

Walmart price match $199

;)
    new here but have been watching the xda closely lately cuz im getting a sgn2, with that said i am not concerned of the price, money comes money goes that the way of life just like *****'s. anyway i have been monitering my premier acct with att and it hasnt ben updated since oct 27. i called again today to get some answers cuz it just says processing and its supposed to ship today but the att ***** like always couldnt help me so i said **** u ***** and cancelled my order. ill just go to the store first thing friday morn to pick my **** up. just wondering if any1 else had issues like this.

BTW Thanks for being that guy who ruins all of the Customer Service reps for the rest of us and putting them in a bad mood because the world doesn't revolve around you....
    I was able to get mine for 199 too.

I had called customer service this weekend and asked about ordering the note II.Now since I am a premier customer I had to talk to regular CS. At the bottom of the page on the GN2 it says limited time offer: up to 100 offer. I specifically asked if this 100 discount was already taken off of the current price or if it would be applied to the 299. I had 2 specific CS reps tell me it would be off of the 299 price. So basically making it 199. I had both of them make a note on my account stating it would be 199 after the discount. So I called and talked to premier today and they tried to give me the run around about the 199 price and I told them I had spoke to multiple CS reps and they stated it was going to be 199 after the discount. I also mentioned that it should have been noted to my account. Once all was said and done the CS manager said that since I was told the price would be 199 and it was documented on my account twice they would agree to that price. So he said to pre-order it online and to call back to adjust my account the 100 bucks. I was also able to get my activation fee waived and since I was a Premier customer I got the $25 bucks off of the order. So basically I got this phone for $175 plus tax. Not too shabby!! It also had a spot when ordering to choose FED EX Next day AIR for 14.95. I opted for that and hope it will be here tomorrow. GL to those that are going to try this and I hope this thing gets here quick.
    Yikes me Bad, Sorry i should of been a little more specific.

AT&T Premier ...aka (AT&T/P)
    I contacted them inquiring a local Walmart ad (instore not online) offering the device for a $199.99 / 2 year upgrade.
    What made this even more strange is that right in the next shopping center, there is an AT&T store (299.99)

So I called AT&T/P to simply inquire cuz it is $100 bux diff. + being limited to purchasing devices solely via (P) website, etc...
    Sort of a bummer that we cant take advantage. The rep was kind enough to look at history and kindly got an approval to order the device at $199

I wasnt really pushing the 'give me or else' leave the opps open to a billing credit, or anything else of the value and they will easily sort something.
    Here is the fact...They usually always do.

Also remember this, the world of strict inhouse / innetwork phones is RAPIDLY coming to a demise.
    With Google phones & a billion other options to purchase better devices and cheaper from China...

You would be surprised how much the ropes are starten to loosen.
    Bought mine yesterday for 199 shipped to my door. The two phones thing is a ploy, but you do have to be a longtime customer.. at least that's what the rep said.. here's a pic for the doubters.

qmJjd.jpg