• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dragonzkiller

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2011
Wouldn't You Like To Know?
I know that I've been extremely busy with school and all, but I'm just posting to give a heads up that this weekend I am working on the DX2. You can find me at the IRC at the freenode channel #cm7dx2. Can't wait to see you guys there!

P.S. that 2nd core thread over in the dev forums is a bunch of crap. don't use it. our 2nd core turns on automatically when needed. it's a power save feature in EVERY Tegra 2 device. So if you want to drain your battery, go on ahead.

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
I know that I've been extremely busy with school and all, but I'm just posting to give a heads up that this weekend I am working on the DX2. You can find me at the IRC at the freenode channel #cm7dx2. Can't wait to see you guys there!

P.S. that 2nd core thread over in the dev forums is a bunch of crap. don't use it. our 2nd core turns on automatically when needed. it's a power save feature in EVERY Tegra 2 device. So if you want to drain your battery, go on ahead.

cant wait to see what you get done, sir! im super excited

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
The ghostly figure returns!... When everyone is leaving the phone haha.
Welcome back!

dark_system

Jan 20, 2012
FL

Awesome! I was beginning to lose hope for cm9, with you being busy with school and all. maybe we will see something soon.

How would I get to the IRC channel to follow?

Last edited:

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Stuff is happening again! Too bad I just left DX2 along with some others... Would have been awesome to see CM9 eventually running on this Dual core machine... may be it will be better than my Dinc2... :/

Reactions: theredvendetta

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio

Hey there Dragon, thanks for popping in and saying something so we don't have to answer the "what the heck is going on with cm9" question all day long.
Calling that second core thread "crap" is kind of mean. I'm sure Trafalgar worked hard on that. We were aware of the risks but traded a bit of life for performance.

But again thanks for the update.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

theredvendetta

Apr 10, 2011
Hey there Dragon, thanks for popping in and saying something so we don't have to answer the "what the heck is going on with cm9" question all day long.
Calling that second core thread "crap" is kind of mean. I'm sure Trafalgar worked hard on that. We were aware of the risks but traded a bit of life for performance.

But again thanks for the update.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

His point is that there is no performance gain. The script just forces the second core to run at full capacity 100% of the time, instead of on-demand, which doesn't make a difference when you consider that on-demand just means it will activate the second core if the first core can't complete the task on its own.

Honestly I think the only difference that script will make is serious battery drain.

That said, I do appreciate the work trafalgar put into it. Always nice to see that there is still some hope for this phone's development :)

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Stuff is happening again! Too bad I just left DX2 along with some others... Would have been awesome to see CM9 eventually running on this Dual core machine... may be it will be better than my Dinc2... :/

Well that's what you get for leaving us! D;

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Welcome back sir!

That awkward moment where the OP has more thanks than posts.

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou
His point is that there is no performance gain. The script just forces the second core to run at full capacity 100% of the time, instead of on-demand, which doesn't make a difference when you consider that on-demand just means it will activate the second core if the first core can't complete the task on its own.

Honestly I think the only difference that script will make is serious battery drain.

That said, I do appreciate the work trafalgar put into it. Always nice to see that there is still some hope for this phone's development :)

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Yeah u shoulda stayed locked down??? Nah I don't blame u guys...

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

ofishel

Oct 31, 2009
San diego
DX2 ICS

Hey DragonzKiller. Welcome back!

As much as I'd love to switch form DX2, I'm stuck for another 1.5 years, so ICS is a BIG deal to me.

I can be absolutely patient as long as we still have hope.

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Welcome back sir!

It DOES NOT run at full capacity 100% of the time it follows the same governing pattern as the first core it just does not sleep

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

phieta

Oct 7, 2011
Hampton Roads, VA
Dragon,
I feel ya on the schoolwork. I'm in the library, as I type, because my goal is walking across that stage in a month. Regards to your poll, I was thinking of voting for the first one, but my DX2 is running well with the current CM7. So I voted #2, so we can hopefully experience what we've been all missing out on. I cherish however long you stay with the DX2 because it's a long time until mid-2013....
Thanks for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm closing this thread due to off topic/bickering. Any questions or concerns should be directed to me in the Freenode IRC at #cm7dx2.
    alright who are the two who picked X2 is dead. I wish YOU were dead, both of you! :)

Welcome back sir!

It DOES NOT run at full capacity 100% of the time it follows the same governing pattern as the first core it just does not sleep

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
    Awesome! I was beginning to lose hope for cm9, with you being busy with school and all. maybe we will see something soon.

How would I get to the IRC channel to follow?

Go to http://webchat.freenode.net and sign in. in the channel section type "#cm7dx2"