[DEV] [APP] [2012-07-06] Vibhinna 1.10 beta - Resize option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

royale1223

Oct 31, 2011
Calicut
Some comments to last version 1.10.beta:

- amount of free place in img's - should be shown as freeMB to wholeMB but now is freeMB to freeMB. In my opinion this is bug. In older version was properly

This bug should only be there in chinese locale. I'll fix that in next version.

during formatting img's there is very few information. Only from time to time some info. It would be very good if it will be shown by some kind of progress bar. Formatting takes some time and as it is now one doesn't know if it goes or not. The same is with resizing.

This is because the mke2fs binary does not give a lot of verbose (I assume you want percentage by percentage update while formatting a partition). If you are familer with programs like GParted, they doesn't provide this kind of info while formatting.

And one more thing - sliders in choosing new size are very coarse - it will be better to put desired values by numbers

I actually kind of like the SeekBars. Lots of similar softwares uses the same. The look a bit large right now. I will tweak it so that it looks more consistant with the ui.

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
Thank you for taking in account my words. The app is still better and better :thumbup:
Are you interested in polish translation of your app? In fact I am using it already in my phone:D

Wysłane z mojej Moto Defy na sterydach CM9 przez xda app-developers app

aribis

Jul 14, 2010
Kolkata
I actually kind of like the SeekBars. Lots of similar softwares uses the same. The look a bit large right now. I will tweak it so that it looks more consistant with the ui.

I have a little problem with the resizing sliders...on my 16GB card the sliders make it difficult to choose between smaller increments...will be better if you could make the counter editable with keyboard input while keeping the sliders intact...Hope I could make you understand what I'd said...nonetheless keep up the good work!

Sent from Ari@Defy

TJKV

Jun 25, 2011
Same here, was almost about to create a 1.5gb data partition for my quarx build multiboot img today... That's more than the actual data partition on nand @_@

Sent from my MB525

royale1223

Oct 31, 2011
Calicut
Same here, was almost about to create a 1.5gb data partition for my quarx build multiboot img today... That's more than the actual data partition on nand @_@

Sent from my MB525

I have a little problem with the resizing sliders...on my 16GB card the sliders make it difficult to choose between smaller increments...will be better if you could make the counter editable with keyboard input while keeping the sliders intact...Hope I could make you understand what I'd said...nonetheless keep up the good work!

Sent from Ari@Defy

Now I actually understand all the fuzz about the SeekBar. I'm using a 32GB card but there is never more than 1-2GB free at any time. I guess it'll be a bit difficult to make a 200MB partition using the SeekBar if you have 10GB free space. Guess what, I'll make the TextView currently showing partition size editable in the next version. Also know that the algoritham that syncs the SeekBars is already pretty heavy (you can notice the delay is displaying the resize dialog ), this change will make it even heavier.

Thank you for taking in account my words. The app is still better and better :thumbup:
Are you interested in polish translation of your app? In fact I am using it already in my phone:D

Wysłane z mojej Moto Defy na sterydach CM9 przez xda app-developers app

I'm interested in any translation. By providing translations you'll be helping your countrymen who don't understand English.

does work with m11kkas multiboot?

Yes.

shrek8421

Mar 6, 2012
Bangalore
Keep up the great work

Firtsly thanks a lot for all your efforts Royale.
Your app works like a charm. Thanks to you I can do so much more with my defy.
The new beta is just brilliant.

I just have one issue. When I use any CM7 ROM as my NAND all is well. But if I use it as my second system it just does not detect the battery. I have tried all sorts of batt fixes.

Every other ROM works well as NAND or second system.

Please help.

jassi32

Sep 24, 2011
INDIA
hey OP - royale1223 , nice work ,
just a suggestion or request ,
make video and put up a link , it make it easy for everyone including me ..:)

thanks

claudiobastos

Nov 13, 2010
Belo Horizonte
Vibhinna stops!

I'm getting this when I try to create/resize virtuals.

note: vibhinna was in background(resizing) when I see that message.

W/dalvikvm( 7796): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a4c1f8)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): java.lang.IllegalStateException: Content view not yet created
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.support.v4.app.ListFragment.ensureList(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.support.v4.app.ListFragment.setListShown(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.support.v4.app.ListFragment.setListShown(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at com.binoy.vibhinna.ar.a(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at com.binoy.vibhinna.as.onReceive(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.support.v4.a.g.a(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.support.v4.a.h.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4624)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:789)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:556)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 2360): Force finishing activity com.binoy.vibhinna/.VibhinnaActivity
W/ActivityManager( 2360): Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{4101e910 com.binoy.vibhinna/.VibhinnaActivity}
W/ActivityManager( 2360): Activity destroy timeout for ActivityRecord{4101e910 com.binoy.vibhinna/.VibhinnaActivity}

royale1223

Oct 31, 2011
Calicut
I'm getting this when I try to create/resize virtuals.

note: vibhinna was in background(resizing) when I see that message.

W/dalvikvm( 7796): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a4c1f8)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): java.lang.IllegalStateException: Content view not yet created
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.support.v4.app.ListFragment.ensureList(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at com.binoy.vibhinna.ar.a(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at com.binoy.vibhinna.as.onReceive(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.support.v4.a.g.a(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.support.v4.a.h.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4624)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:789)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:556)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7796): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 2360): Force finishing activity com.binoy.vibhinna/.VibhinnaActivity
W/ActivityManager( 2360): Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{4101e910 com.binoy.vibhinna/.VibhinnaActivity}
W/ActivityManager( 2360): Activity destroy timeout for ActivityRecord{4101e910 com.binoy.vibhinna/.VibhinnaActivity}

I'll try to reproduce and fix it.

TweetyPeety

Recognized Themer
Aug 22, 2010
whats wrong, it worked so nice with beta 101, now since beta 1.1 I create imgs and it is ready in second and 0 MB was created and all are corrupt ??? whats wrong

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
I have strange behavior of Vibhinna in Cm10 - it does not recognize multiboot VFS's. Although I instaled Cm10 in multiboot and I am running it from VFS, Vibhinna says so I am on nand and there is no one VFS active! Is it only me or somebody else found such situation? Besides it all functionality of multiboot and Vibhinna is preserver with exception recognizing multibooting - you can try edit actually used VFS, although I not dared to do so...

Last edited:

Step666

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Thread closed at OP's request.

thread_closed.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Vibhinna (MultiBootManager for Defy reloaded)

(Thanks to Alin for the beautiful icon)

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Changelog :

Code:
    Version 1.10 beta *(2012-07-06)*
    --------------------------------

New : The much awaited resize option
    New : Chinese translation by dlhxr
    Fix : Correct partition sizes when creating new VFS

Version 1.01 beta *(2012-06-28)*

New : Use AsyncTask for long operations
    New : Tasks are now performed by a Service instead of Activity
    New : Tab for showing tasks
    New : Option to scan sdcard for systems
    New : Refactor package name to com.binoy.vibhinna
    Fix : FC – Delete does not delete database entry
    Fix : VFS now sorted as per name
    Fix : Ugly context menu header in Gingerbread
    Fix : Externalize all strings for easy translation
    Fix : Some other database related FC
    Fix : Take care of situations where sdcard is not present

Version 1.00 beta *(2012-06-22)*

All features you love in MBM
    View all your virtual system
    Assign descriptions and icons for them
    Create new virtual system with three ext3 partitions
    View details of each system
    Rename and edit each system
    Format partitions
    Detect the system that you are in
    Much faster user interface
    New attractive tabbed interface
    Beautifull new icon by Alin
    Holo theme even in Gingerbread
    Complete support for the new Fragments API
    New options : scan , backup , restore

Translators : http://pastebin.com/6evSzHuc
    Just screen6shots of v 1.50. I'll a bit buggy right now, so I'll upload it later.
    Not very sure if you are talking about my version or royale's. But here it goes my updated version and one screenshot. You don't have to flash m11kkaa's multiboot for every virtual. You just unpack the fsimage to /mnt/sdcard/virtual/<choosenname>. The application will do the proper switch for you on multiboots script to match the one you choose on list. And it works if you install on real or virtual.

Edit: And Epsylon3, what are the possible values you can put on /boot/recovery/bootmode.conf:

reboot "bootmenu 2nd-init"
    reboot "bootmenu 2nd-init-adb"
    reboot "bootmenu recovery"
    reboot "bootmenu shell"
    more to come...

bootmenu v1.1.8 will fix 2nd-system choice, and new roms will support upgrade on main rom (keeping 2nd-system scripts and the multiboot binary)
    Vibhinna 1.01 beta

Many enhancements, many bug fixes. I'm too busy to write a detailed changelog.
    Translators see http://pastebin.com/37P1XgRF
    GB version added