AT&T Release Date???

Search This thread

fungflex

Oct 19, 2005
Denville, NJ
Ok folks, as promised here are some details about the previously mentioned Cells4u:

First the bad news, they were closed when I went there today, but it was lunchtime and apparently they close for lunch.

Second, its upstairs in a building above a legit AT&T reseller, and the building doesn't exactly exude confidence.

I will try again in the near future but in the meantime I thought I would include a couple pictures from my Journey to Cells4u. First is the outside (its the door with 1180 over it, not the AT&T joint). Second is the stairwell up to it, and Third is the door.

Last edited:

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
Okay, but can we pre-order by phone if we can't preorder online? alsdkfjal;skdfjal;skdfj having it two days early sounds very nice.

Over the phone? Wouldn't hurt to call and ask, sort of doubt it though. I think AT&T wants some foot traffic in their stores.

And a working model??? I may have to make myself avoid it! If I lust for this device any more I may just explode.

chaosjh

Jan 20, 2009
Bentonville home of Wally world
Ok folks, as promised here are some details about the previously mentioned Cells4u:

First the bad news, they were closed when I went there today, but it was lunchtime and apparently they close for lunch.

Second, its upstairs in a building above a legit AT&T reseller, and the building doesn't exactly exude confidence.

I will try again in the near future but in the meantime I thought I would include a couple pictures from my Journey to Cells4u. First is the outside (its the door with 1080 over it, not the AT&T joint). Second is the stairwell up to it, and Third is the door.

no pics, when/if you go back, will you ask them if you preorder, will they charge you now or when the phone comes out. i ordered and got a receipt but didn't get charged :/

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
i just wonder if ill be able to pre order even though im not eligible for an upgrade till june

They can do an exception upgrade for $75. Not all stores will do it though. I'm not sure if they're trying to get more money out of you with the early upgrade fee, or they have no idea what they're doing. My upgrade is due middle of May. In March I upgraded to the Note and had the the local store tell me they could only do an early upgrade ($250 penalty I think it was), but when I called the store in the next town they said they could do an exception upgrade for $75. They had to make a call to get it approved, but it wasn't a hassle. Of course, I returned my note and got a full refund (including the $75 exception upgrade fee) so I could get the One X.

Last edited:
Reactions: joshfokis

joshfokis

Apr 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
They can do an exception upgrade for $75. Not all stores will do it though. I'm not sure if they're trying to get more money out of you with the early upgrade fee, or they have no idea what they're doing. My upgrade is due middle of May. In March I upgraded to the Note and had the the local store tell me they could only do an early upgrade ($250 penalty I think it was), but when I called the store in the next town they said they could do an exception upgrade for $75. They had to make a call to get it approved, but it wasn't a hassle. Of course, I returned my note and got a full refund (including the $75 exception upgrade fee) so I could get the One X.

thanks i figure ill bug every one at att till i get the answer i want lol

ricktat

Nov 14, 2011

I will try again in the near future but in the meantime I thought I would include a couple pictures from my Journey to Cells4u. First is the outside (its the door with 1180 over it, not the AT&T joint). Second is the stairwell up to it, and Third is the door.

Is that the place from Craigs list that buys kidneys?

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
Hey guys, I called radioshack mobile. Apparently you can preorder online and over the phone with them. You can get it shipped to your home too.

My question is if the rebate is instant? On the screenshot I think it said that you will receive your rebate between May 6th-12th. And I wonder if You get the phone the 7th if you pre order? I think I'd be willing to pay the extra $50 just to get it a few days sooner... If the rebate is instant though, I'll do it.

EDIT Rebate is indeed instant! Now I wonder if you get the phone on the 6th or a few days later? Things don't ship on weekends?

Reactions: americasteam

x3phyr

Jul 8, 2010
Saranac, Michigan
I need to pre-order from AT&T just to make sure that I still get my grandfathered unlimited data plan. Gonna get it done this saturday though probably

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
This is sort of specific. I know the phone comes with a micro sim. Let's say I use the upgrade from someone on my family plan. When I try to activate the phone, can I ask them to link the micro sim to my number?

E

E.Cadro

This is sort of specific. I know the phone comes with a micro sim. Let's say I use the upgrade from someone on my family plan. When I try to activate the phone, can I ask them to link the micro sim to my number?

You can only have one sim per phone whether it's a standard or micro SD card. I asked at the store because I wanted to know if I could keep my regular sim so I could still use my other phone from time to time. They said that I could switch at the store any time.

Sent from wherever I am!

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
One problem with ordering from radio shack that I ran into. If you decide to return the phone for an exchange within the 30 days, no problem. If you decide to return the phone outright to get one at another store, they have to do an upgrade reversal. That has to be done within 14 days or AT&T will lock you in for 2 years whether you have a phone or not. I did it on the 14th day, but the reversal is not instant. It can take up to 2 months! It shouldn't take more than a week, but you know how these things go. I ended up buying a phone outright so it didn't affect me too much. After about 10 calls to AT&T and a few visits to radio shack, I finally got my upgrade back after about 2 Weeks. If I didn't buy the phone outright(galaxy note for 60% off the msrp...$250 out the door :D), I would've been screwed. Always a good idea to buy from a corporate store...just in case(no reversal ever needed).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got notified that we are having a merchandising reset on 4/22, It also mentions that more information will be available about the reset on 4/18.
    I just read on the other Android HTC One X forums that this poster from AT&T customer care couldn't find any info on the release date for HTC One X. They searched everything including the "AT&T Insider," everything is promoting the Lumia 900 and Titan II. This is conflicting info against EGBTMagus. Any thoughts??? I really hope EGBTMagus is right with the 4/22 release date!!!! I've been waiting ever since I heard about it at MWC!!!!

Customer Care from AT&T never takes training's on devices so other then official announcements they wouldn't know anything.

I just want to be clear, I am not saying it will be 100% released on the 22nd. Just 6 years with the company I know what to look for when a new device launches. I can be wrong and AT&T just pull a device without replacing it (wouldn't be the first time but rarely does it happen). Also HTC only has 2 Android devices with AT&T. If they discontinue one of their best sellers they would need something to fill the gap.

SkizzMcNizz, If you are about to run your course with your return period then don't blame me if my guess is wrong.

Heres the entire email...
    EGBTMagus, do you still think the April 22nd date is a possibility? Everything seems to be pointing at that date. Have you been able to find it in your system yet?

Yes its totally possible. On Wednesday our merchandising reset site will be updated to reflect 4/22 so I will know more then. Only problem is im off the next two days so I wont be able to confirm anything till Thursday which we will get a confirmation by then hopefully.
    1516195 allinger

At&t releases phones on Sundays twice a month. The 22nd is one if those days. As longs as I have known it has never been different other than with the iPhone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I know that. The Marketing, commercials, bill boards and magazine ads, web ads are not to be released to ATT until the following day. My office is not open on Sunday. We have a meeting with ATT corporate to go over the ads for the Florida market on Mon.

Ads for products are marketed usually to a regions demographic. ATT has their own marketing dept for the entire US. They already have a commercial and ads for the phone. I seen them last week. We are being told to go with '4G' as the main selling point. Since Florida has a good bit of 4G areas already available, especially in central FL, Tampa and Orlando.
    I'm an AT&T Employee and just completed a training for the HTC One XL... we have a store reset on April 22nd (which usually means new devices since we pull EOL devices). I'm gonna guess that might be the release date also since the HTC Inspire is finally coming off the wall and last time I talked to the HTC Rep they said that when the Inspire is done the Vivid will replace its price range and the One XL will replace the Vivid.